“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 159 hotels in Tampa
OBX, NC
“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Our stay was great! Everything was perfect! We work in the hospitality industry and were blown away by the fact that the valet called us by name within 2 hours of our check-in and we were not even using the valet service.
Check-in was very smooth, the room was beautiful. I saw in an earlier post that there was no heavenly shower head in the room, we had one in our room. We ate at Aquaknox several times, service was impecable. Barbara who works at the bar was a delight and a wonderful ambassador for the restaurant.
We were in town for Yankees Spring Training and the hotel served our needs perfectly. The private beach is a bit small and is located by the causeway, so it's only private in the sense that it's only available for hotel guests. There is a small store located within walking distance of the hotel, but really you will need to drive anywhere you'd like to go. I would definately recommend this hotel and we plan on staying there again next year.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Deleware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Pros: great location; close to restaurants and bars; complimentary shuttle to anywhere within 10 minutes; private beach; great views from room.

Cons: Service at the Aquanox restaurant was dispicable. I waited on coffee all morning long. One morning I asked for ice water and never received it. I requested a 2nd cup of syrup when my order was placed, and didn't receive any at all. I watched a heat lamp bulb break on prepared food-- they served the food. Glad it wasn't mine.

I would recommend the hotel if you are not planning to use the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Bettendorf, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Rooms are standard contemporary Westin rooms - clean, well-kept. One caution - no Heavenly Shower head - I assume due to Florida water restrictions. Beautiful HD television in the room, standard Westin beds. Kudos to the management for making items in the minibar affordable - most liquor miniatures were $5-8, sodas were $2 - a veritable bargain compared to many hotels.
No phone book in the room - we wanted to browse the yellow pages to organize a day of shopping. I asked the front desk to send one to the room, received a call from Service Express a few minutes later wanting to know what number I wanted her to look up - I told her I wanted a book, not directory assistance. Still no phone book 20 minutes later when we left for the day - there was a yellow pages on our return that evening, but they needn't have bothered. Ordered room service one evening - my wife and I were going to split a salad and a main course, so I asked specifically for two sets of tableware - the tray came with one. Unfortunately, I have this trouble frequently with Service Express at Westins - they lack attention to fine detail, which is what separates the truly excellent hotels from the so-so ones.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

My husband and I needed a quick weekend getaway, we decided on this hotel because of the wonderful location, new and beautiful building, no smoking allowed, and their wonderul pet policy of allowing dogs under 45 lbs. Upon arrival, their staff was just unbelievable, very accommodating, pleasing and just wonderful. They have a shuttle that takes you virtually anywhere around the city, and the concierge went out of their way to make phone calls to restaurants to make sure our doggies would be welcome with us. Their rooms are contemporary style, with everything you need and don't need, the bay view is just amazing. Their AquaKnox restaurant is just delicious and yes, you may come across A-List celebs coming in, A-Rod came in to have dinner at the AquaKnox the night we were there. We would definately return and recommend to anyone!

rochester ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

As a seasoned business traveler (Gold status at several chains and airlines) three things are very important to me: Good sleep, dependable service, responsive management. The Westin Tampa Bay, while a beautiful hotel in a nice location, failed on all three. Arriving to the airport late at night, I could not get good information from the front desk about the hotel shuttle from the airport. I ended up waiting 50 minutes (which I could have used to sleep). If the front desk had told me about the length of the wait, I would have jumped into a cab. Further, they weren't able to tell me where to wait (clearly had never been to the airport to see for themselves). When I did arrive I requested a cab for early the next morning as I had a business meeting to attend; that cab was never reserved for me and as a result I was late for my meeting. Finally, I complained to four different people, left my name and number, plus left a message on voice mail for Jaime Driskell (the guest services manager) myself, and never once received a call or message from her. As a business traveler I need to be able to count on dependable information and responsive service from the hotel's where I stay. Although this hotel had ample opportunity to reassure me that the problems I experienced were anomalies, they never did. As a result, I would not risk staying at this hotel in the future, despite it's beautiful facade.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Southbridge MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This was a good business hotel. The service was exceptional. Front Desk staff was very accomodating and the restaurant was exceptional for a hotel. Asked for a morning walking route and was provided with a map that outlined a nice path. The shuttle driver was very nice and pointed out landmarks, etc. Not sure I would stay here for a vacation location, but for business, the Westin can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Brooksville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Treated like criminals, even though we were paying $$ for this 4 start hotel! Went with wedding party, 3 members were arrested for "being too loud" when staying in the penthouse suite! When paying this much money expect better service! The quality of food/ and wine was TERRIBLE! Paid $52.00 for a bottle of wine that I wouldn't pay $10.00 for at Publix. Would expect this treatment from a Motel not a 4 star hotel!!

• Stayed February 2010
westintampabaygm, Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Although it is our goal to see that every guest has an enjoyable stay it is our responsibility to make certain that every guest has a relaxing and restful stay. Unfortunately, this particular wedding group had a very enjoyable evening and were quite disruptive upon their return to the hotel. Suffice it to say that many of our guests complained about the loud noise and we asked the group to please be considerate of the other guests in the hotel. When they refused and the situation escalated, we had no choice but to contact the Police for assistance. They were given another opportunity to cooperate, this time with the authorities, and declined. The decision to make arrests was made by the Police, not the hotel, at approximately 3:30am.
I would like to apologize to our guests who who were disturbed by this party thank them for their patience.

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!