“great hotel for business and family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“great hotel for business and family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family and I stay there and we had a nice time,and the hotel is very comfortable. Nice pool,bar and a romantic dinning room. The club room is great and praised should be given to Mr. Carlos at checkin desk. Very helpful gentleman.I plan to visit there next year. The hotel has a beautiful view over looking the bay.

Room Tip: club rooms are very beautiful and comfortable.
Green Features: The environmentally is very nice and people are very friendly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello Kish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our entire team and especially Carlos. Comments such as yours provide additional inspiration to all of our Associates and certainly make us all happy to know that our efforts have paid off. Providing you with the rest and rejuvenation that you are entitled to is our goal and we hope that you will be back to visit us in the very near future.
Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Superb service; convenient airport location; very pet friendly; breathtaking views of Tampa Bay; the most courteous and friendly staff I've experienced at a Westin. Spotlessly clean room at a very competitive rate for the time we were there. All of the amenities. The Jet Ski at the lagoon was a big hit with my teen grandson. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Tampa Bay are spectacular.
Green Features: Excellent recycling and environmentally-friendly options. A+ for green initiatives.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear DeeGee823,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our entire team. Comments such as yours provide additional inspiration to all of our Associates and certainly make us all happy to know that our efforts have paid off. Providing you and your Grandson with the rest and rejuvenation that you are entitled to is our goal and we hope that you will be back to visit us in the very near future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Valet is Super nice, they open the front door for you every time!

Front Desk.....Older Lady that works in the morning knew her information about the hotel but is very monotone and doesn't seem happy to be at work. I expected to Good Morning Welcome and it was more like Once Second as she picked up the phone. She needs to be spoken to about Good Customer Service. Didn't get his name, but the guy that worked night shift was super helpful and more then happy to help me!

Housekeeping.....Rooms are AWESOME! Beds are Heavenly and the shower is BEST! I called for extra towels and creamers and when I opened the door to take the items the first thing the Housekeeper said to me was "Do I speak Spanish?" I said no.....she forgot my towels and had to come back a second time with the correct items.

Bar.....When on a Thursday night....LADIES NIGHT!!! WHAT WHAT! This is the place to be......good drinks, food is awesome and the guys that work the bar are great! Wish I could remember their names but the whole bar crew made my stay here awesome. They are super friendly, give great service and talked to us about things to do in Tampa/Clearwater and recommended us to eat at AQUA! Ordered Apps from the restaurant but next time I'm in town, I'll be hitting up the bar and the restaurant. There Mac-n-cheese is the TRUTH! MUST TRY!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Allow me this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share both your compliments and concerns regarding your recent visit with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated certain aspects of your stay. However it appears that we fell short in some others. Those areas have been addressed and thanks to your feedback we will be able to make the necessary corrections. Although we strive to be perfect in every aspect of our goal to provide personal and instinctive service for every guest there are times when do not meet all expectations. Please accept my apologies for any area where you may have been underwhelmed and hopefully you will give us another chance.
Be well,
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We drove up to the valet stand and the employee sat there while we struggled with our luggage and bags. He didn't even hold the door open for us. I was concerned that the entire staff would have the same attitude.
But I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and knowledgeable front desk.
The hotel itself is beautiful with stunning views of Tampa Bay.

Stayed August 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am a local but this place is top notch. I work on the island as a front desk supervisor at chase suite hotel. I come to The Westin everyday, for starbucks, for aqua, and to sit look at the water, read and take pics. I use to work at a starwood property so I am very familiar with spg. The way everyone on this staff treats me is like I am a platinum and I have never stayed here. Everyone is consistent with their amazing service towards me, from the whole starbucks crew to the whole aqua crew. I wont mention their names because I did a respective survey for them as well and mentioned names. But the front desk crew particularly Carlos and Pam are always great. They are always smiling, and greet me as if I am a platinum guest and I only buy a magazine, or I will just ask a general question. Although it is a goal for me to one day stay here when I get a few days off, I will say I never stayed her and they treat me amazing here. Even the gentleman whole is outside cleaning (the houseman) he is always positive. I can only imagine how they treat their guest who actually stay here.

To the GM of this property. I stayed at the WESTIN CAPE CORAL RESORT. Beautiful hotel average staff. This property is a beautiful hotel and an exceptional staff. Everyone here is amazingly positive and friendly. Across the board and it is a reason I continue to come back to eat and relax in leisure til my shift starts. It means a lot to me as a local that your staff makes me feel welcome and provides excellent treatment. You guys are doing a great job and your staff deserves the recognition. Thank you all so much for your hospitality.

Green Features: amazing service across the board, like I stayed in above statement I am a local, and I the way they treat me here is as if I am a platinum spg member and if they do that to me and I don't even stay as a guest, I can imagine how they treat their regular guest.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Houston Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice clean rooms, heavenly beds of course are always great. Rooms facing west have great sunset views.
Only a couple of minor negatives. Towels had smudges on them when I unfolded them before use.
And why use a Mr Coffee coffee maker that takes pods and give us giant Starbuck pouches that dont fit and cause the coffee to go everywhere when you brew a cup.

Aqua, in house restaurant was good, ate at the bar and was served quickly. Then food was good, not outstanding by any means, but if you are jet lagged and want a quick bite, it is perfect

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Sirsmokeyjoe,

Be well,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed only one night from July 4th- July 5th. We were headed to Bradenton and were waiting for another couple's flight to arrive on the 5th. We flew in to Tampa Int'l and called for the shuttle after picking up our baggage. The shuttle arrived within ten minutes to pick us up and take us directly to the hotel. Check-in was a breeze! I had requested late check out and a high floor when booking, and the front desk provided us with both these requests. We ended up staying in 1423 which had an amazing view of the Bay and of the city. The front desk also provided us with information about a fireworks viewing party they were hosting for the holiday.

The private beach was lovely even offering jet ski and boat rentals. Wish we had more time! We didn't eat in AQUA but did walk down to another restaurant right down the street- very convenient. Used room service which was wonderful, a little bit of a wait, but it was the holiday night. Fully stocked mini-fridge in the room was also very convenient!

It being the 4th, we ordered in and watched fireworks out of our huge window overlooking the bay and the city. We must have seen 10 different fireworks shows. It was perfect! Wish we were staying longer!

Room Tip: Room 1423 was excellent - high up enough to get a lovely view, very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jenn A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your 4th of July experience. Your kind words and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our entire team. Comments such as yours provide additional inspiration to all of our Associates and certainly make us all happy to know that our efforts have paid off. Providing you with the rest and rejuvenation that you are entitled to is our goal and we hope that you will be back to visit us in the very near future.