“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mission Viejo, California
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We drove up to the valet stand and the employee sat there while we struggled with our luggage and bags. He didn't even hold the door open for us. I was concerned that the entire staff would have the same attitude.
But I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and knowledgeable front desk.
The hotel itself is beautiful with stunning views of Tampa Bay.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am a local but this place is top notch. I work on the island as a front desk supervisor at chase suite hotel. I come to The Westin everyday, for starbucks, for aqua, and to sit look at the water, read and take pics. I use to work at a starwood property so I am very familiar with spg. The way everyone on this staff treats me is like I am a platinum and I have never stayed here. Everyone is consistent with their amazing service towards me, from the whole starbucks crew to the whole aqua crew. I wont mention their names because I did a respective survey for them as well and mentioned names. But the front desk crew particularly Carlos and Pam are always great. They are always smiling, and greet me as if I am a platinum guest and I only buy a magazine, or I will just ask a general question. Although it is a goal for me to one day stay here when I get a few days off, I will say I never stayed her and they treat me amazing here. Even the gentleman whole is outside cleaning (the houseman) he is always positive. I can only imagine how they treat their guest who actually stay here.

To the GM of this property. I stayed at the WESTIN CAPE CORAL RESORT. Beautiful hotel average staff. This property is a beautiful hotel and an exceptional staff. Everyone here is amazingly positive and friendly. Across the board and it is a reason I continue to come back to eat and relax in leisure til my shift starts. It means a lot to me as a local that your staff makes me feel welcome and provides excellent treatment. You guys are doing a great job and your staff deserves the recognition. Thank you all so much for your hospitality.

Green Features: amazing service across the board, like I stayed in above statement I am a local, and I the way they treat me here is as if I am a platinum spg member and if they do that to me and I don't even stay as a guest, I can imagine how they treat their regular guest.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Houston Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice clean rooms, heavenly beds of course are always great. Rooms facing west have great sunset views.
Only a couple of minor negatives. Towels had smudges on them when I unfolded them before use.
And why use a Mr Coffee coffee maker that takes pods and give us giant Starbuck pouches that dont fit and cause the coffee to go everywhere when you brew a cup.

Aqua, in house restaurant was good, ate at the bar and was served quickly. Then food was good, not outstanding by any means, but if you are jet lagged and want a quick bite, it is perfect

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Sirsmokeyjoe,

Allow me this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share both your compliments and concerns regarding your recent visit with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated certain aspects of your stay. However it appears that we fell short in some others. Those areas have been addressed and thanks to your feedback we will be able to make the necessary corrections. Although we strive to be perfect in every aspect of our goal to provide personal and instinctive service for every guest there are times when do not meet all expectations. Please accept my apologies for any area where you may have been underwhelmed and hopefully you will give us another chance.
Be well,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed only one night from July 4th- July 5th. We were headed to Bradenton and were waiting for another couple's flight to arrive on the 5th. We flew in to Tampa Int'l and called for the shuttle after picking up our baggage. The shuttle arrived within ten minutes to pick us up and take us directly to the hotel. Check-in was a breeze! I had requested late check out and a high floor when booking, and the front desk provided us with both these requests. We ended up staying in 1423 which had an amazing view of the Bay and of the city. The front desk also provided us with information about a fireworks viewing party they were hosting for the holiday.

The private beach was lovely even offering jet ski and boat rentals. Wish we had more time! We didn't eat in AQUA but did walk down to another restaurant right down the street- very convenient. Used room service which was wonderful, a little bit of a wait, but it was the holiday night. Fully stocked mini-fridge in the room was also very convenient!

It being the 4th, we ordered in and watched fireworks out of our huge window overlooking the bay and the city. We must have seen 10 different fireworks shows. It was perfect! Wish we were staying longer!

Room Tip: Room 1423 was excellent - high up enough to get a lovely view, very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jenn A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your 4th of July experience. Your kind words and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our entire team. Comments such as yours provide additional inspiration to all of our Associates and certainly make us all happy to know that our efforts have paid off. Providing you with the rest and rejuvenation that you are entitled to is our goal and we hope that you will be back to visit us in the very near future.
Stay well,
Ocoee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went for 4th of July weekend and even though hotel was pretty busy check in and check out was quick. Hotel staff were great but on-site restaurant Aqua leaves a lot to be desired. We opted for the buffet BBQ dinner for the 4th of July and ended up eating a hamburger with chips as most of the other choices were gone. Thinking that it was still early about 8:30 and it was supposed to stop at 10:00 they would still replenish the food. Alas, we were disappointed when they did not. That was a pretty expensive hamburger!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We drove up and staff was immediately attentive.
Carlos at the front desk found out that it was a romantic trip planned and took the lead.
He,upgraded us to the Club floor where the views were amazing
We got to see 6 sets of fireworks from the windows..
The comfortableness that was at the Westin will be remembered at as a great way to have started a romance.

It is now our secret place!

Room Tip: High floor facing the Bay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron A, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello PhHyllis C,

Please allow me this opportunity to say thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at The Westin Tampa Bay. We all appreciate your kind words and high rating! Of course it pleases the entire Staff to read your comments and it is even more pleasing to know that we were able to provide you with the level of service which you have come to expect from Westin Hotels and Resorts. We look forward to providing you with personal and instinctive service again soon.
Be well,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked this hotel through Orbitz.com for 4th of July and we had a great experienced. The location was perfect ( close to a lot great restaurant) and has its own full size Starbucks coffee shop to hang out , view was amazing ( we stayed in 9th floor has already great view ), service in valet and check in , bar ( margarita was awesome compare to a lot of bar i went to , restaurant ( c/o Kevin ) was excellent, food was excellent, room was perfect size and very clean ( no distinct odor, smells fresh) bathroom was modern and clean and the whole property was awesome. They give you $5 gift card that you can use towards any purchase within the property if you don't want them to clean your room.The only downside was no complimentary internet access , no complimentary breakfast and cant access the refrigerator bec if you touch the content you will be charged but they can provide one if you need refrigerator just call the front desk. Valet parking or self parking charged you $5 , a lot better than other hotel , they charge more than that although some hotel are free if you are a guest. Over all, we had excellent experience and we definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Higher floor the better, we stayed in 926 perfect to see enough great view on the south side with o...
Green Features: They practice an environmentally-friendly. Everything in the property was in placed and organized, observe cleanliness
Dear Beth,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our entire team. Comments such as yours provide additional inspiration to all of our Associates and certainly make us all happy to know that our efforts have paid off. Providing you with the rest and rejuvenation that you are entitled to is our goal and we hope that you will be back to visit us in the very near future.
Stay well,
Ron

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!