“One night at the Westin Tampa Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Sonoma, California
“One night at the Westin Tampa Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great location while on the road. Beach hotels were booked, the drive to the beach was a snap. My room overlooked Tampa, the view was lovely. Arrived in the evening, the staff was pleasant and informative. I requested a rollaway bed for 10 dollars, Teresa arrived in seconds, made the bed in minutes and with a smile. I was impressed with the rollaway, very comfortable. Wonderful outside setting for breakfast or just enjoy tea or coffee while reading the paper, however, you are facing the causeway and it is a bit noisy. The buffet looked yummy but I chose to snack upstairs at the Club room for a continental breakfast, the room is a bit small, great for a quick bite. Again the staff was pleasant. They offer a small beach area to soak up the sun and a boat dock is available. However, the water was a bit murky. Great Hotel while on the road.

Room Tip: Rooms towards Tampa offer a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello LorelK,

Thank you for your very kind words and for complimenting us with a 5/5 rating. Our entire Team is very appreciative that you took the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay. We hope that your travles will bring you back to Tampa and that we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Perfect experience. Was there for business and he room, service, and good was beyond excellent. The food was on par with the best 5 star rated restaurants. The room service and cleanliness was top-notch.

• Stayed September 2013
JBart592,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for your kind words and gracious 5/5 rating. It is very satisfying to know when our efforts pay off to bring it all together for a pleasurable guest experience. Our goal is to provide every guest with service that is nothing short of personal and instinctive. I hope that we achieved our goal and that you will visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel treated me as if I was a king. The hospitality was AWESOME! I never had a dull day or bad experience here. The staff was very professional and most of all INVITING! :-) The Westin made me feel as if I was on vacation, rather than business. Valet was only $5 per night. The food in the lounge downstairs was tasty and perfect every time!

This particular Westin is my HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

Room Tip: Be sure to face the beautiful view of the water. It is BREAT-TAKING!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Cwstudiosatl,
We really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your very kind words and gracious 5/5 rating. We have already shared your comments with our team of Associates and they too are excited to know that their goal of providing you with personal and instinctive service has been achieved. We all look forward to your return.
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here just for the night and was very happy with the room and service from the front desk, bell captain and valet. All were polite, helpful and courteous. My room had an amazing view overlooking the bay and city lights. Felt very relaxed being there.

I had late night room service - burger and fries. It was delivered quickly and it was very good.

One small detail though. I opened my email for the final bill the next day and saw extra charges ($45) from the mini bar which I never touched. I called the hotel and was assured the charges would be reversed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Indeed111,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and thank you as well for your compliments. You certainly touched upon a few of the points which are the basics and could make all of the difference between an enjoyable or not!! Wehave passed your comments along to our Team and we all look forward to your return visit.
Stay well
mtzion ill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have had to visit this westin twice
I was a patient at the Laser Spine Institue they are very caring and make sure everything that you could possibly need or want was taken care of
The restaurant Aqua was a delight room service was excellent
the staff very attentive very helpful and knowledgeable
I give them all kudos and very thankful for the care they gave to me and my husband

Room Tip: some look over the harbour which are nice but all in all they are all nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello Redlips24065,

We are extremely happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed both of your visits with us and extremely grateful for your kind words and 5/5 rating. Your comments provide additional encouragement to continue to strive for providing service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. Please come back and see us soon and this time just for relaxation!!
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 6 days and it was wonderful, the best attention is paid to every detail for a great stay. The view of the bay with the entire glass wall was better than can be described.
Westin's whole building aromatherapy is just amazing !
The staff work to answer your every request and smile all the time providing a atmosphere that is becoming increasingly difficult to find.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Drumming333,

Your extremely kind words are very much appreciated and have been shared with our entire Team. We are also very grateful for your 5/5 rating and happy to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy and appreciate some of the extras that make our hotel somewhat unique. Our only wish is that you will be planning a return visit soon and please feel free to contact me directly to confirm your accomodations.
Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. I had a great view. I was there for a girls weekend. The staff was excellent and got us a reservation at Ruth Chris and provided us with transportation. The breakfast was excellent. I also got drinks and an amazing salad at the lounge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Kerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind words regarding your recent visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Girl's Getaway and hopefully you will be returning again soon. thank you as well for your comments regarding our Staff. They really enjoy what they do and that is making our guests such as yourself feel at home.
Ron

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!