“what you expect from a Westin!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #41 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Woodstock, Georgia
“what you expect from a Westin!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here just for the night and was very happy with the room and service from the front desk, bell captain and valet. All were polite, helpful and courteous. My room had an amazing view overlooking the bay and city lights. Felt very relaxed being there.

I had late night room service - burger and fries. It was delivered quickly and it was very good.

One small detail though. I opened my email for the final bill the next day and saw extra charges ($45) from the mini bar which I never touched. I called the hotel and was assured the charges would be reversed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Indeed111,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and thank you as well for your compliments. You certainly touched upon a few of the points which are the basics and could make all of the difference between an enjoyable or not!! Wehave passed your comments along to our Team and we all look forward to your return visit.
Stay well
Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
mtzion ill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have had to visit this westin twice
I was a patient at the Laser Spine Institue they are very caring and make sure everything that you could possibly need or want was taken care of
The restaurant Aqua was a delight room service was excellent
the staff very attentive very helpful and knowledgeable
I give them all kudos and very thankful for the care they gave to me and my husband

Room Tip: some look over the harbour which are nice but all in all they are all nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello Redlips24065,

We are extremely happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed both of your visits with us and extremely grateful for your kind words and 5/5 rating. Your comments provide additional encouragement to continue to strive for providing service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. Please come back and see us soon and this time just for relaxation!!
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 6 days and it was wonderful, the best attention is paid to every detail for a great stay. The view of the bay with the entire glass wall was better than can be described.
Westin's whole building aromatherapy is just amazing !
The staff work to answer your every request and smile all the time providing a atmosphere that is becoming increasingly difficult to find.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Drumming333,

Your extremely kind words are very much appreciated and have been shared with our entire Team. We are also very grateful for your 5/5 rating and happy to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy and appreciate some of the extras that make our hotel somewhat unique. Our only wish is that you will be planning a return visit soon and please feel free to contact me directly to confirm your accomodations.
Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. I had a great view. I was there for a girls weekend. The staff was excellent and got us a reservation at Ruth Chris and provided us with transportation. The breakfast was excellent. I also got drinks and an amazing salad at the lounge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Kerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind words regarding your recent visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Girl's Getaway and hopefully you will be returning again soon. thank you as well for your comments regarding our Staff. They really enjoy what they do and that is making our guests such as yourself feel at home.
Be well,
baltimore, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This property is lovely--on the water but just 5 min from airport. Shuttle good.

Upon arrival to checkin it came to my attention I was actually booked at the 'other' tampa westin closer to downtown. Now this was definitely my mistake but the front desk clerk said 'we have nothing to do with that hotel, you have to work it out with them.' I was handed an 800# to call and dealt with Starwood rewards operators for 32 minutes. These operators were super nice and fixed everything. But what a lousy experience to start.

Room was lovely with water view ( you forget you are at an airport hotel).

Food and service at restaurant/bar good.

Not sure about returning; mixed feelings.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jennamack,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed nearly every aspect of your stay including the shuttle, the waterview, your room and the restaurant food and beverage. However, I am sorry to hear that your arrival experience was not as smooth as it could have been. Your reservation, aside from being for the Westin Harbour Island, was also a rewards redemtion stay. Normally our Guest Service Agent would have called the other hotel and gladly made the change for you. But when it is an SPG rewards stay, the guest has to personally make the change for privacy purposes. We cannot do that on their behalf. I hope that clears it up for you and that you will visit us again in the near future.
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westin While on a business trip. Spent 3 days / 2 nights and really enjoyed the clean spacious rooms and facilities. The staff was always smiling and made some really great recommendations for dinner/restaurants within walking distance! Great job, keep up the good work!
Hotel is in a great location for business and just a short drive away from wonderful beaches!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Tnrunrgrl262,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for taking the time top share your kind thoughts and words. We are also happy to hear that you were both able to enjoy some of the many experiences that the Westin and Tampa Bay has to offer. We look forward to your next visit and return for more personal and instinctive service.
Warm Regards,
Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I were in town for a wedding in early August and we chose the Westin Tampa Bay because of it's proximity to the location of the ceremony. We had three rooms here for the weekend. Although I only got to stay for a night, we all had a great time. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and from the moment I arrived every one was more than helpful and the customer service was excellent! For our needs it was perfect, the shuttle was a huge help since there were six of us while I was there and only one car. We enjoyed a great lunch across the street and the hotel actually picked up our dessert (Chart House - EXCELLENT views and food!). The room was clean and the size was perfect. Nice bathrooms. The only downside of my stay was that my flight was so early the next morning that I missed the breakfast buffet. My uncle had been the day before and said it was great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear atlanticmote1391,
We are all very pleased to read that you enjoyed your "short" visit. Your kind words and gracious 5/5 rating has provided inspiration for our Team to continue to raise the BAR so that we can achieve as close to "perfect" for every future guest as well. Speaking of which, we all look forward to your return visit with hopes that we duplicate our performance and to thank you personally.
Ron

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!