“No complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Medford, Massachusetts
“No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. I had a great view. I was there for a girls weekend. The staff was excellent and got us a reservation at Ruth Chris and provided us with transportation. The breakfast was excellent. I also got drinks and an amazing salad at the lounge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello Kerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind words regarding your recent visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Girl's Getaway and hopefully you will be returning again soon. thank you as well for your comments regarding our Staff. They really enjoy what they do and that is making our guests such as yourself feel at home.
Be well,
Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
baltimore, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This property is lovely--on the water but just 5 min from airport. Shuttle good.

Upon arrival to checkin it came to my attention I was actually booked at the 'other' tampa westin closer to downtown. Now this was definitely my mistake but the front desk clerk said 'we have nothing to do with that hotel, you have to work it out with them.' I was handed an 800# to call and dealt with Starwood rewards operators for 32 minutes. These operators were super nice and fixed everything. But what a lousy experience to start.

Room was lovely with water view ( you forget you are at an airport hotel).

Food and service at restaurant/bar good.

Not sure about returning; mixed feelings.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jennamack,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed nearly every aspect of your stay including the shuttle, the waterview, your room and the restaurant food and beverage. However, I am sorry to hear that your arrival experience was not as smooth as it could have been. Your reservation, aside from being for the Westin Harbour Island, was also a rewards redemtion stay. Normally our Guest Service Agent would have called the other hotel and gladly made the change for you. But when it is an SPG rewards stay, the guest has to personally make the change for privacy purposes. We cannot do that on their behalf. I hope that clears it up for you and that you will visit us again in the near future.
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westin While on a business trip. Spent 3 days / 2 nights and really enjoyed the clean spacious rooms and facilities. The staff was always smiling and made some really great recommendations for dinner/restaurants within walking distance! Great job, keep up the good work!
Hotel is in a great location for business and just a short drive away from wonderful beaches!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Tnrunrgrl262,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for taking the time top share your kind thoughts and words. We are also happy to hear that you were both able to enjoy some of the many experiences that the Westin and Tampa Bay has to offer. We look forward to your next visit and return for more personal and instinctive service.
Warm Regards,
Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I were in town for a wedding in early August and we chose the Westin Tampa Bay because of it's proximity to the location of the ceremony. We had three rooms here for the weekend. Although I only got to stay for a night, we all had a great time. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and from the moment I arrived every one was more than helpful and the customer service was excellent! For our needs it was perfect, the shuttle was a huge help since there were six of us while I was there and only one car. We enjoyed a great lunch across the street and the hotel actually picked up our dessert (Chart House - EXCELLENT views and food!). The room was clean and the size was perfect. Nice bathrooms. The only downside of my stay was that my flight was so early the next morning that I missed the breakfast buffet. My uncle had been the day before and said it was great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear atlanticmote1391,
We are all very pleased to read that you enjoyed your "short" visit. Your kind words and gracious 5/5 rating has provided inspiration for our Team to continue to raise the BAR so that we can achieve as close to "perfect" for every future guest as well. Speaking of which, we all look forward to your return visit with hopes that we duplicate our performance and to thank you personally.
south jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

the best westin we have ever stayed in. the staff are so wonderful. they make you feel at home and if you need anything at all they are there. the bartenders are the best. the bellmen were just to funny for words. from our room you could see the dolphins in the bay.

Room Tip: bay room so u can see the dolphins
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear South Jordan,
Thank you for you very nice compliment (best Westin) and your awesome 5 out of 5 rating!! We will certainly share your thoughts with everyone, especially the dolphins, and I can assure you it will bring a smile to their faces. We are pleased that we provided you with personalized service and we look forwrad to your return visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Tampa Bay for our 2 yr anniversary on 8/17-8/18 and could not have been more impressed. From the moment you pull up nothing but smiling faces from the staff who genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and want to make every guests stay memorable. Front desk staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious, modern, and very clean. Will without a doubt be back when staying in the Tampa area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean M,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit for such a special occasion and it is pleasing to hear that our Staff had a great deal to do with your satisfaction. Hoperfully you will return soon and we look forward to serving you again. Happy Anniversary!!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I called ahead to ask whether I needed to reserve dog bowls/beds for the weekend. The woman who I spoke with told me there was no need for a reservation, just tell the concierge when you check in. When we arrived, there were no dog items left, as there were many guests with pets that weekend. I was upset, as I had called ahead, and Scott (the manager on duty) actually had an employee drive out to Petsmart and buy bowls especially for us. I told him I was more than happy to just use a plastic bowl or something that was around, but he insisted. He had brand new bowls up to our room within 20 minutes of speaking with him. The staff was courteous and clearly went above and beyond to make us happy. Everything else about the hotel is great- I would highly recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear marissa2013,. We were very pleased to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing them and for your very gracious 5/5 rating. It sounds as though Scott responded quickly and provided you, and your dog, with personal and instinctive service. We are all grateful for his actions and lucky to have him as part of his team. We hope to see you again in the very near future. Be well,. Ron. General Manager

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!