“Highly recommend...makes business trips more enjoyable!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Toronto, Canada
“Highly recommend...makes business trips more enjoyable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed here for business and have loved my experience. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff are all very welcoming and courteous. The beach is lovely and makes travelling for business a little more enjoyable! My one complaint would be that there is not complimentary wireless - it costs $9.95 per day and the connection in the hotel rooms is horrible! The WiFi at the restaurant was much better. I found that I had to sit close to the restaurant in order to get a good connection. I ended up doing a lot of work at the restaurant rather than in my hotel room as I would've preferred. Overall, a great experience. If the wifi were better, I would mark it 5/5. I would also love to see a spa in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear A P,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank you for selecting the Westin Tampa Bay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and that you found our Staff to be very welcoming and courteous. I would like to also apologize for any issues that you had with the WIFI while you were in your room. We will certainly look into the matter to see if we are/were having some intermittent problems or if there was an usually high demand on the bandwidth. Nonetheless, the problem should not have occurred. Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to serve you again and please let us know if you encounter any problems during your stay so that we can correct them immediately.

Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location, great service, Starwood points and a private beach outside one of Tampa's best restaurants. Ask for a waterview room and take advantage of the great workout facility. the hotels location is a little different in between Tampa and St. Pete but tthe proximity to the airport is great! Grab a jet ski and enjoy your time here!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Pechorin L,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are a major incentive for our entire team to continue to raise the bar and provide service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. Hopefully, your travels will allow you to visit Tampa again soon as we will look forward to having you as our guest once more.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed here on numerous occasions for business. It is so easy, clean, comfortable, modern...exactly what you want for a few days out of town.

The rooms are soooo comfortable, with great beds and pillows. The bathrooms are modern and spacious.

I should add that I have rarely eaten there, so I can't comment on the restaurants or food.

As for the location, it offers wonderful views. It is perfect for business in the area, from the Tampa Bay airport to cross the causeway. It is very close to the airport, and I'd rather use their shuttle to get away from the airport. It gives you the feel of being on a Florida vacation. Their shuttle starts quite early and should be good enough for most morning flights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Gary M.,

Your comments, loyalty and kind words are very much appreciated. We are also very pleased to see that your stays have been enjoyable and have hopefully left you feeling refreshed when you leave. Our goal is to always provide service that is personal and instinctive so please let us know how we can enhance your impressions in the future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Westin is excellent! - beautiful hotel and service. Great amenities and location. Very nice touches around the hotel. This is a very new hotel, clean with well-appointed amenities. Good to have a Starbuks as well. Well Done! thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel during Spring Training. I realized that I never posted a review and I wanted to share my thoughts on our new go to hotel in Tampa. Our plan was to stay for 2 nights and drive to Miami and spend 2 days before we flew back to NY. We ended up adding one more night and then adding one more for a 4 night stay. The location is convenient and even though its next to a main road it didnt feel that way. I can't give it 5 stars because its just not a 5 star location or type of hotel. But, once you step inside you can completely forget that. There is a Starbucks onsite which is always a plus for me and an area on the bay where you can have coffee in the morning while the sun comes up and then at night it turns into an adult space for cocktails outdoors. Really lovWe will definitely be back next spring.

Two things to note...I wish we had a balcony and breakfast wasn't great in the restaurant but there were more than enough choices in the area. You definitely need a car but its a great place to start and end your day. We saw people in the water but we skipped that. Really loved it for a quick weekend and a great place to come back to after a day of baseball or shopping. We will definitely be back next spring.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Shopbound,

On behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your thoughts even after several months have passed. Your comments have been shared with our Associates and they certainly provide the incentive to help us all continue to raise the bar. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring as well and having the opportunity to provide you with service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive.

Ron Alicandro,
Mexico Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived after five pm, had to wait because room was not ready. Arrived into room, it had a beautiful view of the sunset. Room was spacious and super cleaned, included both shower and bathtub. All the staff were wonderful and welcoming. After four days and three nights we received our bill. We didn't think anything of the bill because all of our charges were on it as well as charges for everything that was stocked in the fridge (Mini-bar). We figured incidentals, and it would be cleared once they realize we hadn't consumed any of their snacks or beverages, minus the heineken my 14 month old got a hold of and threw, it busted open in the bathroom. I expected to pay for the beer, our room service and parking. Instead the final charges were all snacks and beverages. I called the front desk and she said that we were charged for everything in the mini bar and that her manager would take a look at everything when he got in and get back to me..

Room Tip: I am pretty sure no matter what room you receive you should have a great view. Water pretty much sur...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Corrina R.,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. However, I would like to apologize for the errors made on your final bill and the fact that it put a damper on what may have been an excellent overall stay. Hopefully, you will not let this stand in the way of allowing us to serve you in the future.

Ron Alicandro
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this Westin for a week recently. The staff was so accomodating. My visit was because I went to Tampa to have surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. Everyone at the Westin understood the needs of the surgical patient. My room needs were accomodated way beyond my expectations. The food in the hotel restaurant was very good, and they did a great job of breakfast. Having a Starbucks there was also a big plus.
The hotel was clean, and the bed was so comfortable, I was able to sleep pre and post op without a problem.
When I checked out, I got hugs from the staff because they could see how successful my surgery was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear MaryAnn913,

We hope that your recovery is progressing nicely and that your procedure went better than you and the Doctors expected. Your kind words are very much appreciated and have been shared with our Staff along with my thanks and gratitude. We look forward to having you visit us in the future but under different cicumstances.

Warm Regards,
Ron Alicandro

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!