“Westin Tampa Bay - Classy Hotel and close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #41 of 159 hotels in Tampa
drash1
“Westin Tampa Bay - Classy Hotel and close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed here at the end of the Mar break holiday with my family.

We were given a room on the executive floor which was great.

The hotel has a Starbucks an indoor pool and a small beach area where one can rent sea doos and relax.

There was also a circular wine room at the restaurant and an outdoor bar area.

The dual shower had and pressure was excellent.

Overall a good and clean hotel with high standards of cleanliness and service.

Dr. Ash

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great service. Huge update rooms with great bathrooms. Overall great stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The staff, the view, the Westin Tampa Bay was outstanding and Ii would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone. We stayed on Starwood points and the value is the best.

Room Tip: Go a little higher so you get the view of the Bay!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Was very pleased to receive exceptional customer service from pre-arrival through to check-out and beyond. Lobby was immaculate upon arrival with a great cologne-like scent although a tad on the strong side. The room was as promised, with an amazing view and extremely clean and comfortable. A side note... the toilet tissue was a bit on the scratchy side. Shower was indeed heavenly, and it was great to have a tub as well for the little ones. Definitely a business hotel, however the family truly enjoyed everything, as this was our getaway for family spring break with just a 20 minute drive to Busch Gardens. The mini-beach was relaxing with the kids... with discounted pricing for boat and Waverunner rentals. Causeway did not bother us a bit... just wish pool was outdoors. Gym was sufficient for a quick workout each day, and the restaurant was up to par. We did takeout just before 10pm. My food was at the bar within 15 minutes, but I came down and did not know it was ready. After realizing it by 30 minutes, the bar-tender could see I was upset not knowing it was ready. Offered me a beer and apologized several times... great customer service as mentioned above. Food tasted great, and the prices were fair. We would definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay-View room although they say any view is good. All guest room start on a fairly high fl...
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was the WORST experience I have EVER had at a Starwood Hotel. I've stayed in Westin, W, Sheraton and St. Regis hotels all over the world and this service was ATROCIOUS! The lobby was understaffed making for extremely long lines. When finally getting to the attendant they all had attitudes and were extremely rude. This is not the service I have come to know and love from Westin hotels. Furthermore, my car was DAMAGED by the Westin airport shuttle. I noticed when I arrived home. I called the hotel and the managers gave me the run around. They transferred me from person to person, gave me numbers of different companies that didn't work and to INSULT ME further they told me to email them pictures of the damage but gave me an incorrect email address. My car is a specially ordered Chevy Volt from Virginia that was purchased before they were widely available. The Westin shuttle hit my car so hard there is a dent on the side AND a piece of fiberglass was lodged in as well as extensive scrapes.

Room Tip: Ask for water view! The ones in the back have horrible views but the ones in the front are amazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at Westin Tampa Bay from 3/11/12 to 3/16/12 in room 1315 and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel is ideally located near the major highways and easy to get around to all tampa and clear water attractions. After reading good reviews about this hotel i had changed my reservation from Sheraton River walk to Westin Tampa Bay and i am glad that i did it.

The reception staff, valet staff, house keeping all were very nice. This property is better than some of the 4 stars i have stayed in the SPG group hotels. The hotel has a starbucks inside so it is convenient for morning coffee and breakfast. The room is nice and clean and the bathroom is spacious with a standing shower and tub.

The hotel is very close to the International Plaza Mall (very upscale shopping and dining) and Westshore plaza mall.

I already recommended the hotel to two of my friends who plan to visit tampa and clear water.

Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at this Westin for three nights recently because it was recommened by an organization we were doing business with. While it was very clean, very comfortable, and our room had gorgeous water-views, our stay had some unhappy moments.

First, even though we arrived after the stated check-in time, our room wasn't ready. We had to wait about 40 minutes, and during the wait, front desk staff tried to get us to accept a much lesser room than what we had reserved. Over the course of the next days, I observed this happening to other guests, too.

One night we were kept awake one night by VERY loud partying, complete with slamming doors and inebriated guests knocking on our door trying to find the party room. We complained to the front desk, but it continued all night until finally, the manager summoned police to evict the lowlife around 6:30 am. I suppose that every hotel has its share of this stuff, but what disturbed us was the lack of appropriate and timely response by the hotel. Women travelling alone may want to think twice about having to deal with this.

If you're a member of AAA, you can book a rate that comps the $5/night parking fee. You can also find rates that include breakfast.

We ate two meals in the on-premises restaurant and found the food to be quite delicious, though portions were on the small side, and over-priced. Wait staff was very friendly.

Our room was really nice, had a fabulous bathroom with tub and separate shower. The bedding was amazingly luxurious and comfortable. The water views were just breathtaking!

Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, and also in the Starbucks that's right off the lobby.

It's easy to get on and off the highway from this hotel, and it's only minutes from Tampa Bay International Airport.

So, I would probably stay there again, but only after checking out what else is available in the area, now that I know the area a liitle better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!