“Probably the nicest -- and newest -- of Tampa's upscale hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“Probably the nicest -- and newest -- of Tampa's upscale hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I had really done my research before my Tampa visit, and although I would have preferred to stay a bit closer to its dining and entertainment districts, I figured that a new and modern hotel like the Westin Tampa Bay trumped the others. It's probably no more than 15 minutes to downtown and Ybor, unless traffic is horrible. And it's a piece of cake to get to the airport.

Things didn't begin so great, though. I arrived around 3:20, needing to get into my room to get ready for an appointment. The front desk clerk told me that housekeeping was running a little behind, and that it would be another half hour or so. I didn't have time to wait, so I asked for any available room, even if it wasn't the king that I had reserved. That request got me into a double right away, though it was adjacent to the elevator, and because of it, I heard a lot of hallway noise. Other reviews cite problems with their 3 pm check-in. I don't know how common this is in the industry, and I don't usually need to be in my room so early. But when I did, I wasn't thrilled with having to make compromises.

The room itself was very nice. Since the rooms are above the multi-level garage, the views across the bay are very good. The bathroom is well thought out, with both a walk-in shower as well as a tub for the bath lover. The bed is comfortable, and the flat-screen TV and iPod docking station add to the up-to-date feel. And there is no shortage of outlets when you need a re-charge. I'm not crazy about the Internet fee, but it is a few bucks cheaper per day than at other hotels. I'd stay there again.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Spent the weekend and had a wonderful time. View, food, service, room, location... all perfect. Have stayed at Westin hotels before and love them. Was not disappointed by this Westin. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

It was a great stay. The room was quite comfortable, all the amenities you need for a vacation weekend. The staff was very friendly, and the view from the hotel room was lovely. location was easy to get to, outside of all of the city chaos, so we parade purposes not ideal, but if you like to be a little outside the chaos, a perfect location. Their restaurant's dinner menu was great looking with a lot of choices, and breakfast was fine, somewhat overly priced for what was provided, but still good with great waitstaff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here one night in January of 2012 for business. I was happy with the room layout, how quiet the room was (with the exception of the air conditioning fan being loose), and the helpfulness of the staff. The executive club access was a nice feature to have, however the food selection was very limited. I agree with other reviews that the parking is an issue, however the valet's are very fast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

I had doubts about staying at an hotel, with a small beach adjacent to a highway - but my doubts were dispelled. My room had a great view, was very clean and fresh. The indoor pool is a tad bigger than normal and there is a wonderful jogging route of 4 miles partway
Across the causeway. Staff are very friendly and the food in the restaurant is good, if expensive. All in all, I had no complaints and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and i went to Tampa day after xmas for four days. At first i didnt know what to expect of the hotel or area because it was a last minute thing. However, the hotel is in a great location. Close to a veryyyyyyy nice mall for all those whole love to shop and dine in same area, and also very close to Clear water beach! We planned to go to other areas in Florida but we enjoyed the area so much we didn't care to go elsewhere. The room in hotel was great and very clean. Evene though it is pet friendly the room smelled fresh. From the window i also saw two dolphins! Loved it. The staff was great too. Steve at front desk was so friendly and helpful. Always smiling! He is deff an asset to the hotel. The only thing that i didn't really enjoy is that you have to pay for wifi! It kinda gets expensive if you're staying more than a night. I would recommend this to anyone.

I also thought the swimming pool was quite huge considering its indoors. Fitness center was also nice and if you travel a lot.....you will rate this room as great. Ive been to several hotels when none of the machines operated!

Room Tip: Have a front view..facing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
vancouver island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Tampa Bay for one night after a cruise in December 2011. We took a cab from the port for $25 and although we arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am, thinking we would have to store our bags for day, our room was ready!!!!!!! We had a gorgeous king bed with a view of the Bay on a high floor! Considering we booked through Priceline, we were very very happy with the hotels service and front desk staff! The room was beautiful and very clean and the bed very very comfy and the bathroom was huge!!!! They have a free computer set up at the front desk where you can print off your boarding passes, which was very handy.

Their shuttle took us to a local mall, where we shopped for many great hours, had a great meal and then came back and relaxed for the evening before our early morning flight.

The free airport shuttle was great the next morning! All in all, a fantastic night stay!

Room Tip: High floor with view of Bay!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!