“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Hartford, Alabama
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really love the location we were going to Busch Gardens and the I max theater and it was in a very quite area. They service was nice and the rooms were clean and I couldn't hear anything through the walls. But I'm not going to give 5 stars to any place that can't serve a decent breakfast. It is almost expected for any hotel you stay in.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for review. I am pleased to hear your room was clean and the location suited your needs. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I hope you enjoyed Busch Gardens. We look forward to will see you again soon. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fayetteville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

It has been quite a while since I last stayed at a fairfield so I didn't know what to expect. All in all, I would say that it is not too bad and met my expectations. Honestly, they are just basic good, clean rooms - nothing special or standout about them. In the interest of time, I will give you the facts and you can make your decision.

Pro
1. Clean and comfortable rooms - as an elite member I was upgraded to a suite.
2. The buffet breakfast was hot and fresh with good choices
3. The staff is friendly and helpful, or at least try hard
4. Fitness area is decent for a hotel of this size - some cardio machines and light dumbbells
5. Location is easy access to the freeway

Con
1. The suites have a very small living room area (seriously, about 30 square feet or so) and a TV. The suite TV is next to an open wall into the "bedroom", literally 5 feet or less from the bedroom TV, so no way you can use both at once (think kids). A bit of a design flaw, space good be better used.

2. Some of the front desk staff are not familiar with the local area, which makes it hard to find food or entertainment. The hotel is near nothing other than a fast-food place or two and the casino, so options are thin without a drive. One front desk person sent me to a gym that wasn't in business and could not make any suggestions on dining. Fail. It is really hit and miss on this one.

3.If you pay more than 79.00 a night for these rooms then you are paying too much, look elsewhere. The price can be a bit silly for the accommodations, thats why it is under con.

4. Apparently they don't have a kitchen and all of the breakfast items are microwaved. Honestly, I would not have really known, but since one of the front desk people told me about it, it was stuck in my head every breakfast. So FYI, all breakfast items (eggs, sausage, etc.) are shipped pre made and are microwaved for breakfast.

All in all, I had a decent stay. If you are not going in with expectations of anything above basic lodging, and you get it at a good price point, then I think you will be happy here for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, the rooms on the back face the freeway and are very n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves in offering clean rooms to our guests. I would like to apology for the mix up with the new Planet Fitness that did not open yet. I hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary 7 day pass for Anytime Fitness. Thank you again; we truly appreciate all your feedback. Hopefully on your next trip here we can make it a better experience for you.
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Not a bad hotel. Comfortable and a good location if you are going to the fairgrounds or an alternate to staying at the Hard Rock. Hotel Staff was very nice. We were going to a concert at the fairgrounds so it was a great choice. They gave you complimentary breakfast which was OK and since there is not much around, it serves it purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. Your feedback helps us to keep improving, so on your next trip here you can better enjoy your breakfast experience with us. I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and the location suited your needs. Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was in town for business and rented a car so didn't mind being away from downtown. It is about a 15-20min drive to downtown in morning traffic. Rooms were nice, breakfast was normal. It is in a business park off Hwy 4 and Martin Luther King. It was pretty good value for the money but again far away from any attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thanks for your review and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!I am not sure if you are familiar with the area but the downtown is within 10 min,ybor city just 4 miles away and the hard rock casino within 1 mile and we provide a complementary shuttle there every hour on the hour everyday.Your business is important to us and you are very appreciated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Oh wow! Where to start? Ok, upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly young man named Tyrell. He checked us in fast & had a great smile. Our room #232 was clean, smelt refreshing & A/C was cold. The bed was comfy & the bathroom worked well. I just wish the room had a fridge (& microwave) Later we took the FREE shuttle to the Hard Rock Cafe. I believe our driver's name was Sandra. She was friendly,pleasant & cautious driver. Plus very prompt the arrival & departure where right on time. If you need a different time to be picked up from Hard Rock (usually 10 mins after the hr) call the hotel then they will send the shuttle for you. Breakfast was delicious which has belgian waffles,scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, etc. I want to thank Fairfield Inn Tampa Faigrounds & their employees Tyrell & Sandra for their Superior Customer Services.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for your posting on Trip Advisor. Your feedback regarding our products and services are certainly appreciated, and contribute to our effort to continuously improve.we are so glad that Tyrell and Sandra delivered that great service as promised and meet your excpectations.Hope to see you in the near future again.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I will go back to this hotel.
Friendly staff(All the staff- day and night shifts).
They will attend your problem with in <2 minutes.
Complimentary breakfast is good, unlike other hotels. You can rely on hotel breakfast if you are in a rush to attend an early morning(6-9) meetings.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for such amazing review. It always makes us proud to hear that we did a good job of making you feel like family. That is our internal motto and one that we are very passionate about. Thank you so much for taking your time to write your thoughts and I will make sure that we share them with our team.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed over the Memorial Day Weekend and it was the best value ever! Clean well decorated rooms. Great beds! Pillow top mattress, soft clean linen and oodles of pillows. Free shuttle service to the Hard Rock Casino until midnight nightly and until 3 am on Saturday! Free breakfast until 9:30 am includes make your own fresh waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs and sausage.. Coffee was hot and delicious. The staff was very nice. From the front desk to housekeeping - they all greeted me with a smile and an offer to help if needed. Good old fashion service with a smile. This is now one of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: This hotel is tucked away in a corporate park where there is no traffic close by. I stayed on the 3r...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to fill out a review on Trip Advisor. I am truly happy to hear that our staff was kind enough to make your stay a success and exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate your business and very pleased to know that our amenities were helpful and made of your stay a special one.Thank you again for your time and if you are ever in the Tampa Bay area , please let us know and we will be more than happy to take care of your reservation.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino? Share your experiences!