“Clean but horrible wireless internet” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Clean but horrible wireless internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just returned from staying three nights along with other co-workers. The hotel is very clean, well maintained and overall nice. Beds were comfortable.

Breakfast was just okay. They should discontinue the eggs and sausage. Eggs tasted like powdered eggs and sausage was pretty bad. They do have fresh waffles that were good as was the fresh fruit.

My main and really only complaint was the wireless Internet. It was slower than dial up and it wasn't just my room. All of my co-workers had major issues. To the point that we could not load our VPN. For business users this is unacceptable and should be addressed. This hotel would have scored one star higher if not for the Internet issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found the hotel clean, comfortable and enjoyed our beds. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the eggs and sausage, but happy to hear you found our waffles and fresh fruit satisfying! In regards to our internet service I will definitely look into this right away...we just recently upgraded our system and so it should be very fast and convenient. I sincerely apologize this was not the case while you were staying with us and assure you this will be remedied. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
fort mohave, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

we visited tampa while our motorhome was parked near titusville for a short change of pace. We found the hotel to be very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable linens were soft. The towels were thinner than usual. But they werent old or washed out. The breakfast was also better then expected it was a hot breakfast. Staff was friendly. I'am not sure why this property is rated at two stars. I would return if in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel, we greatly appreciate this. It is nice to hear you had a great rest on our beds and found the hotel and rooms to be clean; one of our Fairfield Inn Promises is that we provide a clean, fresh room to all of our guests! Also happy to hear you enjoyed our new, updated breakfast and received the excellent guest service we strive to provide each and every day! Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites while here in Tampa, we hope to see you again soon.
orlando, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at Hotel on July 30, 2013, Needed directions to the hotel, we called the front desk for help, the front desk manager, Farnell (I think that was his name) gave awesome directions and asked us what brought us to the property. We said, The Hard Rock Casino and he told us all the perks they had for The Casino, just great!!! Among them were on call free shuttle to the Casino.

This is the most beautiful Fairfield Inn & Suites we have ever stayed at, WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Oh the common areas inside the Fairfield are awesome, good breakfast, extremely Clean.

Farnell is a great representation for Marriott. We are Gold Elite and have stayed at Marriott properties worldwide, it is hard to impress us but we are IMPRESSED.

Room Tip: Check last minute weekend rates and join Marriott Rewards, its free and the perks are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing such excellent feedback on your recent stay; we are excited to hear how much you loved our property and were able to benefit from our complimentary shuttle service. Our staff works hard every day and it makes everything worth it when we read how clean you found our hotel and that our staff provided excellent service. I will personally thank my entire staff, with a special thanks to Feronel, for doing a great job. Being loyal Marriott Gold Members, it is a true compliment to know we impressed you. Thank you!! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just spent the night after a concert. Nice easy to find. Actually the room was awesome I think I had what is considered a suite as there were 3 of us. Great breakfast. Right at intersection of hwy 301 and I-4, but so close to I-4 and I-275, city of Tampa less than 5 miles away. Can't really go wrong with the Marriott chain. I recommend. Oh, no restaurants within walking distance. Mostly in a business park. Bed super comfortable.

Room Tip: Non highway side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient for your night out at a concert and were comfortable in our spacious suites! Our breakfast has been recently updated to meet the needs of our valued guests, like yourself, so it is great to hear you enjoyed our offerings. We look forward to seeing you again.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just got back from a two day stay at the Fairfield. We went as a family (booked two rooms) and looked specifically for a hotel near the casino as well as relatively close to Busch Gardens. We were not disappointed in this hotel. Yes, it is in a corporate area, so there will be a drive to restaurants, but for us it wasn't a problem since dinners were the only meals we needed to find on our own. The rooms were more than adequate and very clean as was the dining area. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. What made our breakfast most enjoyable was the fresh cut-up fruit. In traveling, I've found you have to give up some amenities to get others. The price of the Fairfield and location was important to us. We also liked that the Fairfield had a 12 noon check out time, free Internet access, shuttle service to Busch Gardens, lots of pillows, large TV screen, and accommodated our need for two rooms together. I'd definitely stay at the Fairfield again. P.S. I'm a side sleeper and found no problem with the bed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review! I am extremely happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, our amenities and most of all our staff! We recently updated our breakfast to include the fresh cut fruit and it is great to hear this made your morning enjoyable. We certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wanted to go to the Seminole hard rock for the weekend but didn't care to pay their pricing. Fairfield is in close proximity and even has a complimentary shuttle. Hotel clean and staff was super friendly....being local I am pleased to announce I will be back for when I decide to lose more money at the casino. Manager Liz??? I think that's her name offered me an extension on my check out....really great hotel...ps no hwy noise at all and my room was on that side of the building

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle, while here for the Casino. Providing a clean, fresh room is one of our Fairfield Inn Guest Promises and I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness. I will thank my staff for doing a great job, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and had one of our best stays. My Room was very clean and Fresh. The Hotel was in remote area but it was so beautifully landscaped and quite peaceful.

I was initially worried about the Highway noise but slept like a baby and never heard one car at night (Alcohol Side Affect..LOL). Also liked how easy it was to get to all the sites around the city we went to using hotel Shuttle bus within 6 miles radius..

The Front Desk hotel Staff is very helpful. Mrs Hind, is an unbeliavale professionall employee . she went above and beyond to answer all my questions and change my room to a convinient one close to the pool..her smile and her accent were adding a charm to her pregnancy ( 24 Weeks so far) We wish her good luck and to see her again next time we visit Tampa, FL.

If you are a gambler Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is very near and modern .

We will definitely stay here again if we get to go back to Tampa, FL ! Sorry Orlando, FL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate this! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, our clean, fresh rooms and location. I will certainly thank my staff, with a special thank you to Hind, for doing such a great job! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds / Casino? Share your experiences!