“Not happy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm glad I read the reviews here before I went to stay at this hotel. Most of them are true. This building is very old, some of the folks who stay here are sketchy! I used earned 2 nights stay on a points system, and thought about paying for an additional 2 nights, but chose to go to another hotel. I'm so glad I did. Room was mostly clean, however the furniture is from 1972 AND was moldy damaged! I even took a picture of it, because I couldn't believe a hotel room would have nasty furniture. There is enough space underneath the door for an animal to crawl under. The toilet also has a permanent stain. Also the storage room next door was always left open all hours of the night. Next year I will either stay elsewhere or pay for a decent clean room!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was in Tampa for business for 2 days, and stayed at the La Quinta Inn. It was clean and the bed was comfortable, although the sheets were pretty lousy. Water pressure in shower adequate, TV was a nice new flat screen with lots of channels. Wifi did not work well in my room, but since I was barely there it really did not matter. The area this motel is in is very sketchy. But it is directly across the street from Busch Gardens, which I would think is a big plus if you are going there, no need to even drive! The one downfall is the breakfast. Very very basic...Also, hallways are concrete exposed to the outside and pretty dated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I chose this property because we can walk to Busch Gardens (about 1 mile). I also get a discount based on my occupation, so the rate was the best in he area. I knew going into this, not to expect a La Quinta on the nicer end of the spectrum. However, I did not expect to check into my room and find the mirror dirty, the A/C cover falling off, and worst of all, long dark hairs in the shower drain. Makes me wonder if they even cleaned the room to begin with, or if they just swapped out the towels and made the bed as-is. I plan on talking to management today.

• Stayed April 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel needs a face lift, bathrooms needs cosmetic work (paint, corking, and new shower heads). WI-Fi was not great, bad connection or could not connect at all. Employees very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. Beds are always awesome at La Quinta, great night sleep. Overall a good stay for the price. Those of you who like to visit Bush Gardens, could not get any closer.

Room Tip: If your a smoker, get a non smoking room, rooms cleaner. Can always step outside to have a smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Clean Hotel, adequate food for breakfast, enough room for a roll away or baby crib in the room for a great price ( $ 30.00 less per night then the La Quinta Inn on the other side of Buschgardens, where we stayed last year, but does not have a Hot Tub. But this location is
closer to all kinds of restaurants and fast food places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

North Attleboro, MA & Sebastian, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was an older hotel that had some upgrades even though it claimed it had been refurbished. It was clean and convenient to Busch Gardens and lots of restaurants. It had new carpets, nice TV's, a microwave, and refrigerator with a small coffee maker. (We got refills for our coffee machine, our friends on another floor did not.) The breakfast was fine, and quickly refilled. The men missed some kind of meat choice that some hotels offer. We stayed at a "suite". It was really two hotel rooms with connecting door. We loved the second room with the "living room" atmosphere. This side had a pull out couch, another television, chairs, tables, and of course bathroom. When you update a hotel, you should replace everything but that was not the case here. One air conditioner was being replaced as we checked in. The old toilets were low to the floor which did not please the men of the group. One bathroom faucet was replaced, the other was not. It was extremely difficult for even an adult male to turn the water on. Even though we overlooked the pool, near the road, it was not too noisy except when emergency vehicles went by. We had to slam the door to shut it all the way. Everyone did and it was loud and irritating, especially at night. I could not 'security' lock the door. I asked the manager about the door problems and he said that the new weather seal made it hard to close the door and it would work itself out. The door automatically 'security 'locked" he stated. We were awakened one night at 1:30am to our "naked" neighbor banging on the door to let him in. His yelling, (I'm **** naked, let me in you ******!) the swearing and banging stopped when the police or security came to investigate. It was quiet after their intervention. It was ironic that our friends on another floor were awoken at 3:30am with a similar banging on the door by an irate gentleman. We mentioned it at checkout and we were all credited with one night stay. The manager couldn't have been nicer and apologized over and over. We noticed that a maintenance man was in the room shortly after we left, hopefully to replace the faucet. I would stay with them again. The price was right for the "suite" and I feel the management would correct any problems that might encounter.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs were noisier that ones on the ground floor when facing the main street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!