“dont stay in this rat trap” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tampa
Tampa Villager Lodge
Save Saved
You added Tampa Villager Lodge to your Saves list
3110 W. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, FL 33614   |
Ranked #117 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
california
“dont stay in this rat trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

/the outside of this motel is clean and in good enough repair. It has a pleasant looking pool, and looks like it could be some fun 50s kitsch.
Thinking that it could be a good budget find-and I dont expect perfection by any means in a budget motel--I called and was quoted a price of $40----which I thought was great.
First, when I checked in--the price suddenly morphed into $50-----but I thought "lets try this"----OMG when I got inside the room, it was enough to make you vomit. The furniture was filthy-I wouldnt have even considered sitting in the overstuffed chair. The other chair was torn with stuffing coming out. The walls were dirty-the doors had dirty handprints on them-and everywhere were signs of poor, quick, and amateur repair jobs on many things in the room. It included a kitchen-which consisted of a dirty, greasy stove, a sink that hadnt been cleaned in ages, and a window which had no curtain allowing everyone at the pool to look into your unit. The air conditioning was lukewarm-and the advertised wi-fi was non exisistent in spite of repeated tries, and two sets of pass codes. The only light in the room-(no lamps) was an overhead light that made the room as bright as an interogation room. I peeled back the sheets and found the mattress to be so filthy that I assume a kennel of dogs had been sleeping there. In the bathroom, in addition to the general poor repair and grimness of the place were two towel-resembling scrub rags-which I imagine were once white, but now a dirty grey. They were as hard as sandpaper, and hardly something you would want to use to dry your self with.
In short this is one awful place--the funny thing is we moved the next night to a nice, newer LaQuinta in St Petersburg and paid $38 for a million times better accomodation.
In short, do not stay at this fleabag-it isnt worth it, and you dont save any money in the deal for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Business

Been to Tampa Villager Lodge? Share your experiences!