“The greatest motel on bush boulevard.” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tampa
Economy Inn
1810 East Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #119 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“The greatest motel on bush boulevard.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

I was in a predicament. My water pipes in my apartment had busted. I came up to the Economy Inn with my children CJ the manager gave me a great rate for three days. It was nice to see other families in here as well. I felt really safe and could tell they really have been cleaning this place. Thank u Lou for hot coffee and donuts for the kids in the morning. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2011

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have stayed at the choice hotel across the street at 1701 busch and payed two times as much and they could not give us a room with working ac. The Economy Inn is a great deal for the low price and they have kink beds, mic/ref and more. The manager and staff are very pleasent. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

my name is tiffany agsar when i came here i was coming out of a bad marriage the gayharts were here and made it even worse.then lou and cj came here and became like two moms and turned the economy inn to a family atmosphere they are the best things that have happened for this hotel

• Stayed March 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

I was traveling thru tampa and needed a decent place to stay. I saw the sign for 32 dollars a nite and stopped in. The front desk lady Lou showed me the room even before i booked it. I was very pleasantly surprise to see a nice clea room with fresh towels and clean sheets. I took the room. I had stop at another place before on bush blvd. and the place was disgusting. Plus at nite here it was quiet and peaceful. A very family atmosphere with grills to use and picnic tables. I wish i could of stayed longer but my work calls me. I highly recommend this place. It was nice to even meet CJ the manager on duty. You can tell they have cleaned this place up. Great job guys and i will be returning...thank you...kelley

• Stayed July 2011
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Wow. well as soon as we got there the parking lot was full of "shady" characters, the room dident have a remote, dident have a coffie maker, had cracks everywhere 2 little towels, and there were pubic hairs all over the comforter. we checked in the hotel, decided to settle for it because it was so close to bush gardens, untill we got back from bush gardens then the real nightmare started. the people in the next room were beating their kids, noise and racket throught the whole place, it was like a jungle. the front desk offerd to "move us to another room" when we quickly packed up and were leaveing, of course we declined. worst hotel ever.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

The ONLY good quality of this motel was that there was available parking and a roof over our heads. When we arrived, the door would not open, and by the time we got into the room and settled we had to change rooms because the room they put us in was not cleaned from the crack whores (literally) who occupied it. The staff did not clean our room once. The remote control had no batteries. The TV had no bottons. The air conditioner was loud as [--]! Our neighbors were selling drugs and drinking at all hours! Very shady neighborhood, and teh hotel itself was nearly impossible to find! You could not pay me enough to stay at this motel again....enjoy!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2002

The bathroom was filthy, dirt in the corners grime in the shower. The toilet paper holder was broken, so the toilet paper just sat on the edge of the sink. The towels were so small, they didn't even reach around my 33" waist, and the front desk was stingy about giving out new towels each day. There was no towel rack.

The room was not cleaned once during our 3 day stay. It may never have been cleaned, when we arrived there was a dirty ashtray and lots of cigarette butts behind the night table.

The beds did not have fitted sheets. Instead, some old flat sheets were tucked into the underside of the bed. The sheets did appear to be clean, but they always came undone and you would wake up laying on a bare mattress. The mattress was vile.

The air conditioner was loud and only worked for 10 minutes before shutting off. You had to get up and turn it back on throughout the night.

I would have expected at least a clean room for $65 a night.

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!