“Fine for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tarpon Springs
“Fine for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

This was my third stay here. It is located about 1.5 miles from the Florida State Fairgrounds & the 1-800- ASK GARY Concert Stage (noise could be a problem on concert events). The check in with reservations was fast and correct. The room was a basic low budget room - clean & comfortable. The TV reception was fine as was the wake up call. There is a parking area for 18 wheelers who do keep their engines running so this may not be the spot for a light sleeper. The motel is located far enough away from the interstate so that noise should not be a problem. The only food within walking distance of the motel is a Waffle House next door. The food is typical WH quality. There are a few gas station/deli stops about 2 miles away - south on Rt. 301. It is also very close to the HardRock casino. The outdoor pool area was clean (but in December too cold to use). The ice machine was operating as was the coin laundry. Overall I can't complain as the cost was at least $25 less than other motels in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Where to begin? We were in town for business and just wanted a place to stay that was quiet and affordable on a tight budget. I should have known as the front lobby was locked and the clerk seemed like a nice guy was behind what looked like bullet proof glass. The guy checking in in front of me when asked if he wanted smoking or non smoking, he replied non, on second thought I better get smoking just in case. Im thinking just in case what? Well that We will leave the light on for ya slogan, Yeah they left the Red Light on. Noise all night long. Banging, talking, fighting in the parking lot, No sleep for us. I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. I will gladly pay double for a decent hotel next time. Free High speed internet, NOT at all. The pillows sucked the towels were paper thin, the room smelled like a wet horse fart. maybe a great place to stay if your looking for hookers, drug deals, and loud noise all night long.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is the most disgusting crackhouse I have ever stayed in. If it wasn't for the fact that it was midnight and I was dead tired I would have moved on. I brought in my own sheets and blanket from my truck because the room was so digusting looking. Everything inside and out was covered in grime, the room smelled moldy, and there were boogers on the bathroom wall. The only other people that were staying were truckers and drug dealers. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Panama city beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

For the price, you could not beat it. We just needed a place to lay our head and take a shower. Very convenient to get to the Fairgrounds and the Taxi ride was under $5.00. Our room was clean and the pool area was clean also. Beverly at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Ont.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

We stopped here just to stay for the night and continue driving the next day. That is more or less the only use this motel has - cause in the surroundings there is nothing worth a visit. Despite some negative reviews, we found our room clean and friendly, the check-in staff was OK too, and at night it was quiet. It lies on a highway but the rooms further away from the road won't notice any particular noise. Forget the pool, this is a Motel 6! It's good for sleeping and nothing else. And for that we paid a great price, just 40 bucks for two double beds. So after all, we were quite pleased with staying here on our way to St. Petersburg.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I recently stayed at this motel for one night (December 8, 2008). I've stayed in some nice Motel 6s in my life, but this one by no means met the standard I've seen set by other ones. My advice to you? Do NOT book this place. There are far too many other options out there in Tampa. Even if you have to pay a little more, believe me, it will be worth it.

When I got in my room, I noticed that the locks on the door felt very unsecure. It almost seems like any pro burglar could have gotten in if he wanted. There was some kind of goo on the curtains (looked like maple syrup). The rugs were absolutely filthy. There were cobwebs in just about every corner of the room. The sink faucet could barely turn on. The worst part of all was the bathroom. When I turned the light on in there, my jaw dropped. The first thing I saw was a giant roach crawling across the floor, which I promptly killed. More cobwebs in the bathroom corners, mold in the tub. Need I say more?

It's in an area that feels very "white trash." A Waffle House is right next door, so that explains the "white trash" vibe. Outside my room at about 2am, someone was blasting rap music. When I inspected the mattress, it had dirty stains on it. I searched for a sign of bed bugs, but I didn't see any, thank GOD.

It was a grotesque motel stay. Don't do it. Do yourself that favor. This is a real review, I'm not looking to trash any company. I'm happy to entertain any direct questions. Just contact me through this site.

• Liked — Functioning wireless Internet
  • Disliked — Disgusting bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

I live in Tampa, but needed a cheap place that allowed pets after my apartment flooded. Well, Tampa itself is pretty nasty and I've stayed at several Motel 6 locations, so I had an idea what to expect.

No surprises really. Tired worn-out rooms, yucky bathroom, no amenities save for a couple of plastic cups. It had that weird musty Florida motel smell. I would place this on the lower-end of the Motel 6 property chain.

It was also convenient to nothing. I needed a few things and drove almost all the way back to my apartment to find a drug store. There's a Waffle House next door and a truck stop accross the street--so those are your dining choices.

The motel's remoteness was actually sort of nice. It was nothing like the crack-den motels in the Busch Gardens/USF area. Those are down-right frightening. I always feel sorry for those families just trying to take a vacation who end up in dives surrounded by drug dealers and prostitutes. So the fact that this motel was in the middle of nowhere was kind of a blessing, I felt much safer than I would have at one of the Busch Gardens area hotels which were technically closer to my apartment.

It seemed like an okay place for a truck driver to stop off for some sleep or for someone with 2 cats to stay when their apartment flooded.

• Liked — It didn't have that crack motel feel that most Tampa motels have
  • Disliked — A coffee pot and/or a clock radio would have been nice.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Tampa? Share your experiences!