“Bad accommodation” 2 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #143 of 160 Hotels in Tampa

Bechtelsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I am so thankful for my TripAdvisor app because I WAS going to book an entire 7-night stay at this hotel, until I read these reviews! And I'm still laughing at the manager's responses about the bugs. Someone even posted photos! Obviously they DO have bugs and denying it isn't exactly working in their favor. I'd rather them ACCEPT the fact and fix it.

Stayed July 2014
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Knights Inn Tampa, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you commenting even though you did not stay at or visit our property. You can be sure that we’re always changing and improving, and you can be certain that any lapses at this property are quickly resolved. We take pride in this property and look forward to the opportunity to show it to you when you’re in the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel I ever stayed in this hotel was nasty mold, roach and flea infested I would not recommend any anyone stay here unless you are homeless please don't stay here .I only hade to stay here because I drove to Florida and I got in town at 3 am and I hade my kids

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Knights Inn Tampa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I must take issue with any suggestion of an insect problem at this hotel. That simply isn’t true. If you were displeased with your stay for any reason, however, I sincerely apologize. We take pride in this hotel and in satisfying our guests, and I apologize that we could not satisfy you completely in this case.

Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I never experienced anything like this before. Very nasty room roaches. Beds nasty and pillows no clean. Bathroom felted smell bad. To complete drunk guys around. It look that the pkace people from welfare in the hotel.I couldn't take it I ask for my money back and left the hotel. I will never vidit this place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not actually staying with us. We take great pride in this hotel and satisfy many people each night. I’m sincerely sorry we could not satisfy you. Still, we are involved in a continuous improvement process and will use these comments as we continue to improve. I hope you will reconsider and try us again in the future.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My room was a non-smoking room and it had cigarette burns on the sheets. The smell was unbearable and it was so dusty I got an allergic reaction with a headache. Cockroaches everywhere, a leakage in the sink. Weird stains on the walls, sheets and rug. Very small space, I felt confined and it was not good for more than 5 people.Do not recommend. The person replaying to these comments never get anything fixed like they say. Also the pool was disgusting and the area around it disorganized, nothing to see there!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Knights Inn Tampa, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry we failed you in this case. We strongly reject any assertion that there is an insect problem at this hotel, but we will make sure the maintenance issues you mentioned are checked and corrected if necessary. Our goal is to satisfy all clients in every case, and I apologize again that we failed you.

Hotel Manager.
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Worst hotel I've ever stayed, there were cockroach everywhere, the carpet grossly dirty, bad smell, we showered with our flippers on. The coffee machine dirty. The only way we stayed because we arrived at Tampa very late, when we checked availability thru google, we called to reserve & was advised that a credit card was need to reserve and it was not refundable, nor cancellations were accepted. Being that we needed a place to stay we agreed but lessons learn, never again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Knights Inn Tampa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these comments. We strongly deny that there is an insect problem of any kind at this hotel and also deny that we failed to meet our cleanliness standards. Our goal is to be the best hotel in the Tampa, Florida area when you take into consideration our price, convenience and amenities, and we believe we are close to reaching that goal. I’m sincerely sorry that we did not completely satisfy you on this occasion.