“This is our 2nd time to stay here! We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Tampa Downtown

You added Motel 6 Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Tampa Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   333 E Fowler Avenue, I-275 at Exit #34, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #133 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Troy, Ohio
“This is our 2nd time to stay here! We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The room, grounds, laundromat and the staff were all excellent.

We definitely wood return!

Every restaurant you want is near you and so are a walmart and a target.

Daniel's Chevrolet is a 1/2 mile if you suddenly LIKE US need your car serviced and they will take you to this Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay here when you are in Tampa. St. Petersburg, Busch Gardens, Clear Water... they are all so clos...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hamburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

arrived @ 5pm and our room was not ready. waited outside in heat for an hour until the room was done. when we finally unpacked the car and started to settle in, turned on the TV and it was all "snowy". couldn't get a picture on any station. Went to the office and just requested that they give us a TV from an unoccupied room. They couldn't because maintenance man was gone for the day. Offered us another room. Packed the car and drove around to the next room. Before unpacking again, we checked out the room... only to find little ants crawling all over everything. YUCK! Went back to the office and requested a refund, refusing to stay there and told them why. Because I had paid with a credit card, they told me I would have to wait up to 3 days for the credit to appear. So we were short the amount of money we spent on that room for 2 days (glad it took 2 instead of 3 days for the credit to appear). Then had to drive around looking for another motel in an unfamiliar area. Our room was booked a week in advance, so it should have been ready when we arrived. When I suggested this to the person behind the desk, I was told that rooms are first come first served and I was lucky to have a room at all since they had been sold out the night before. What kind of answer is that??? Would NEVER stay here or recommend this motel 6. EVER!!

Room Tip: choose a different motel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Meriden, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Bed bugs were infested in our room 308. I have bites all over and informed management. They offered another room on second floor at 130 am. However after 15 hr drive we tried sleeping in other bed. People were also.screaming in hall half the night. Barely slept. Management refuses to refund my 59.35 payment. I am calling the health department first thing Monday to shut them down. Will never stay at a motel 6 again.

• Stayed December 2013
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

All of my travels this place rates up there..... The incompetence combined with the God like personna.... Well your better off talking to a deaf child.. Angel (assistant manager) could care less about the needs of her guest. More about her lunch breaks. Now if your in need of any assistance wait for the night manager. She will go out of her way to take care of your needs. As for house keeping..... The best.... Shocking for me do to the condition of the place. They work with what little supplies that are afforded to them. Always helpful & happy. Maybe they should run the place & let the management clean up the mess they turn a blind eye to. In a nut shell its a great place to get all your naughty needs fulfilled... Cause management nor the police will interfer. So if your a user its your kinda place... If your like me .......... "We got to get out of here!" Pictures I am share are of Motel 6 Fairgrounds.... NOT MOTEL 6 FOWLER

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear TheTikiGirl,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

For convenience of location we spent, just shy of a month, and close to $3000, in this high traffic area motel.
After moving roons from the back of the property to the front, it was a little easier to sleep without the door to the adjacent room being knocked on every 4-5 minutes for the 50 year old dealer to dispense his wears. I guess I could give him the benefit of a doubt, if I believed one person could have 60 or 70 grandchildren stopping to visit individually after 11pm every night. I however, don't have any doubt that the young African American kids who we walked past every night that said things like.. "you skrait?" Or " I got dat fire, yo", were dealing drugs.
The things we put up with to save a few dollars.
Oh yea, they charge $3.21 per night for wifi. There is more..I will get to it soon.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here one night with a friend after driving from Miami. We arrived late and checked in without much consideration to the appearance of the building and location, we were tired after a four hour drive. After checking in, paying only $50 for a night, we were approached by a sheriff, wondering what two English girls were doing checking into this motel. We advised us not to check and gave us directions to several hotels and inns close by, too late, we'd already checked in. As it was late we decided to stay. The sheriff gave us a few tips, to put a chair in front of our door, not to open the door until the sun was up and to dial 911 if we heard anything suspicious or if anyone tried getting into our room. He then told us he will be patrolling the area until 3am, before driving off to park his car in the lot. Overall we didn't have a bad night, aside from staying in a filthy, stinky room with huge cockroaches, and people gathering around our rental car. I wouldn't stay here again if I was paid $50 to!

• Stayed September 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Even by Motel 6 standards, this place is very run-down and doesn't feel particularly safe however if you're looking for a low budget option near Busch Gardens / USF, just hold your nose, watch for your safety, and try to get a good night's rest in an old bed with holes in the linen. The bathroom looked clean enough and so I gave it a two star rating instead of one. Check-in was rather archaic; even though I completed the reservation via computer, they still wanted me to fill in a check-in card by hand. My impression was that the front desk staff were more use to unsavory clientele to match the poor condition of the facility. Also, Wi-Fi isn't free and you have to pay for it person at the front desk. Overall, can't really recommend this place unless you're going solo or sans kids, and/or your budget doesn't allow for more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!