“Bed Bugs and Prostitutes” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tampa
Park Motel
You added Park Motel to your Saves list
2709 West Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609   |
Ranked #118 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Bed Bugs and Prostitutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at the Park Motel in a conference with a friend. We paid for 2 nights. We went to bed at 9pm, and for two hours, I was unable to sleep because I was itching so bad. I was afraid I was allergic to the sheets or soap, but when I finally went to the bathroom, I saw I was covered in bug bites. I pulled back my blanket and saw a live bug! I woke up my friend, and we looked some more and found an even bigger one! These were definitely bed bugs. I captured it in a tissue and took it to the man behind the desk. He simply said "Sorry" and gave us a new room. We did not want to stay at this hotel and demanded a refund, but he would not give it to us. We agreed to stay in another room after checking the sheets thoroughly. He refunded our second day the next morning. I saw him go to our original room with a squirt bottle - I don't believe he really solved the problem with whatever he sprayed. Also, while changing rooms, we saw a prostitute exiting a room and she asked us if we knew where she could find work. Her pimp (we assumed) was waiting downstairs. I DO NOT recommend this hotel AT ALL.

Room Tip: We were transferred to room #1 and it was nice.