“Better find another place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #95 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Markham, Canada
“Better find another place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I book this hotel because of the attractive specs and photos from Expedia site. I anticipated this should be a nice one so that I can relax in my week long vacation. The first impression when I entered my room was oh no, what the misleading photos! Overall the room was dated, closet door stuck, so called full kitchen has very basic and old appliance and utensils are those I don't want to use. We have 3 persons staying here for a week, the first night no one came to change bed and towels. Second night room was changed but only two sets
of towels again, have to leave a note to remind house maid to give us 3 sets of towel. They have so called "buffet" breakfast, no variety at all, almost serving pretty much the same thing over the week, not inspiring at all. The swimming
pool is a tiny one, no gym as well. Location wise it is not a very convenient one as it is far away from the nearest restaurant clusters and in quite a remote location, only good is it is near the airport.

• Stayed June 2014
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. Our hotel is located on Rocky Point with many restaurant's nearby and also within 5 miles of all of Tampa Westshore's best restaurants. As a courtesy, our hotel provides complimentary shuttle transportation to any location within that radius. Like many area hotels we are renovating each room as occupancy allows. Our property does feature a dock, deck, park and picnic area including barbecues, in addition to an outdoor heated pool and fitness room. I will be glad to speak with our housekeeping staff to ensure each checked guest is provided the correct amount of linen, however our hotel does comply with industry standards providing linen changes and room freshening each 4th day unless requested.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and drove down to Tampa from the Kansas City MO area to see if we would like the area for a place to move to. This hotel was perfect for that. Our room had a full kitchen, including an oven. I've been to some hotels that boast of a full kitchen but then don't have an oven. Our room overlooked the bay and was very nice in the mornings. I could sit and read and watch the fishers pull up nets of fish. The room was clean and quiet except for the a/c unit. It seemed to be on it's last leg. We did have one problem with the room, the coffee maker. I went to use it and nothing happened. I had reported it to the front desk when we went for breakfast. I was told it would be replaced. Two more mornings, no coffee maker replacement. The breakfast was okay. I would have preferred making my own waffles though instead of the smooshed ones that were premade. I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. Our guest suites are indeed a home away from home for those preferring a larger space with full size kitchens. I am happy to address your maintenance issues and breakfast suggestion with my staff. Thank you for visiting our property and I hope you will choose us again should you decide to make a move!
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed one night in Tampa at Chase Suites the night before a cruise. The hotel was nice, clean, and near a restaurant. The complementary breakfast was fine and it proved to be a positive stay. If I were to return to the Tampa area and needed to be in this area, I would return to Chase Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We love to hear our guests enjoyed their time here and are glad to know you will return again in the future!
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff just woke me up early in the morning saying there's a water leak in the suite below us. First of all, every hardware piece is broken. Honestly this place needs a major renovation. Second, When you knock on the door, you are supposed to wait for whoever's inside to response. Nope. They didn't bother waiting and just rushed in. Thank God I had my clothes on. The staff needs to learn manners.
Lastly THE BREAKFAST IS DISGUSTING. Ants crawl all around the coffee brewers and sweetener/sugar packs. The staff didn't seem to be bothered about it until I kindly pointed out. Her response was hilarious. She said "They're just ants, they love sugar." Other than a quick mopping, there were no further actions. Stay away from this horribly disgusting place.

• Stayed June 2014
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay at our lovely property was less than extraordinary. The entire hotel has been and remains under continual renovation as long as it does not interfere with our guest experience. I am also sorry to hear that our staff rushed you in trying to avoid continued flooding in another's guest suite below but did not react quickly enough or with more fervor regarding your concerns about the coffee station. I will address your comments with my staff and thank you for taking time to let us know how we can continue to provide excellent guest service.
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Go to spring training every year and went this past weekend to see family, hotel is perfect for what is needed. Very clean, all of the workers are very pleasant, big enough pool for a refreshing dip, good location, breakfast in the morning and a social hour at night during the week. The rooms are spacious, especially the suites, could fit 5-6 easily in one of those rooms. The shuttle service they provide is very helpful in getting around to things that are within a certain distance. Overall, this is a great place to stay if in the area for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to let us know about your stay! We are very proud of our property on Rocky Point and love to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!!!
jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I am never ever ever going back to this place! It's disgusting! There was nasty water downed food, BUGS in the room, so I switched & there were bugs in there too! Bad service! The walls made noise throughout the night so that made it hard to sleep! The only good thing is the view but it is so not worth the stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I do apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were not aware it was a open bedroom layout, no privacy with any bedrooms. The a/c unit made loud noise the entire time. It needs to be remodeled the outside stairs & railing are cracked with large broken tiles

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations. We do have both an open suite and 2 bedroom loft plan. Our 2 bedrooms have a private bedroom on the main floor with an open loft above. As we are in process of updating and remodeling we hope you will give us another try in the future.

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!