“Don't expect a five star hotel if you pay for a three star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #96 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Don't expect a five star hotel if you pay for a three star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I Always stayed at the Best Western Bay Harbor Hotel but, after changes of administration and repairs, the prices when up. My husband like this area and we looked for another alternative.The room was a little dated but clean. If a family goes on vacation and likes to cook is perfect because it has all kinds of appliances, pots, plates ect. if not cooking the restaurant next door is excellent and the hotel offers a good breakfast. Also take route 60 to Clearwaters and at the end of the bridge you will find a variety of places to eat.

Room Tip: Building #2 in front of the office and breakfast lounge
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you have decided to give our property a try and enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the very near future!

452 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We come already for years in this nice hotel on a super location with a great restaurant "the Bahama Breeze" as next door neighbor. Yes the hotel is maybe a older but they are in the process of renovating. Their beds are very comfortable and the staff is always friendly and willing to solve the problems. The rooms are spacious with a nice layout and nicely decorated. If you don't have the view from your room you can always enjoy it from the deck or from the swimming pool. The management has always time and are open to suggestions and if you don't get a hold during the Day then you will most likely meet them during the weekday Manager specials! Cynde thanks to you and your staff we had a great time again! Conclusion is that me and my Wife love to stay at this place and we are looking forward on our next stay!

Room Tip: Be friendly and tell them what you like and the staff will try their best.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing! We are always so pleased to know our guests enjoy this fabulous property and are always glad to see you return!!!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Chase Suites. The suites are spacious but dated. Ice maker was broken. Fixed the next day. We stayed near the office. Building #11. It was like a cleaners convention every day. All the maids parked their carts at the bottom of our stairs. Made it difficult to leave. I would suggest a room far away from office.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay and how we better can provide outstanding service. I will ask our housekeeping staff to provide a remedy and allow better access to our building 11 guest rooms.
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were not very satisfied with our stay at the Chase Suites. Wi-fi internet never worked in our room on my ipad & rarely worked in lobby area. This was a huge frustration to be without internet. Front desk always seemed surprised by our complaint, even thou we told them everyday of our 7 day stay that we didn't have internet. I called the 1-800 # for technical support & they were of no help either. Our ice maker never worked the whole week, even after they came to our room & supposedly fixed it. We asked for extra pillows also every day & were told there weren't any until our last night. The front desk did not seem knowledgeable in many areas & usually we never got our questions answered. Our room's furniture needed replaced, both chair & sofa had holes in them. We felt the suite was over priced for what we got & the services/staff were not accommodating. One positive note was Bahama Breeze restaurant was right next door. Fun place with good service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you had trouble with our maintenance staff who are trained to replace equipment when not working properly. Our internet improvements are underway and we hope you will give us another try in the future. All of our beds are outfitted with 4 pillows each with feather pillows available upon request. We are in process of renovation and hope you will visit us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the North Rocky Point Drive East Hotel in Tampa. The room (living quarters) was very suitable, well maintained, and comfortable. The locating nearest to the water, we consider very relaxing, a great view for pictures, and comfortable. Accordingly, our overall stay was excellent. Nonetheless, the only downfall the we encountered during our stays (two separate occasions) was the hotel staff (or its management staff) had billed us "twice the amount" on our credit card billing statement, in which we had to contact our bank to dispute the charges, which is under investigation. We contacted the hotel management staffs on several occasion to rectify the oversight. However, they (the hotel managements staff) said the mistake would be taken care in a few day, but it was not resolved for several weeks, therefore we had to contact our bank to resolve the issue.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side nearest to the water is excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for letting us know about your visit with us here in Tampa. I'm very sorry to hear that you had issues with billing and a remedy was not provided in a timely manner. Please do contact me or our front desk supervisor in the event this has not been resolved.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I turned in my car and stayed here for the night before my flight back home. I find it amusing that some reviewers made comments that it looks "old". It is old. There's nothing they can do to change that and it's more important that it's well maintained, which is seems to be. There is a really nice deck and small dock area with flowers and a nice view. I sat out at a table for a bit after eating dinner next door at the Bahama Breeze, which is just through a fence (there's a gate to the restaurant). Super convenient, fun restaurant with music, outdoor seating on the water, and good food. My room was cute; a nice kitchen with granite counters, everything in the room appeared clean. Comfortable bed. My one (big) complaint is that the Wi-Fi did not work and it was a huge inconvenience and frustration for me. The front desk staff gave me a tech support # to call and the rep did her best to assist, but it was a problem on-site that could not be immediately resolved. Apparently, the signal in the building was weak so my iPad was connecting to a more distant access point, and it kept kicking me off. I had planned to watch several hours of training videos and had nothing else to do so I was pretty frustrated. Wi-Fi was a major factor in choosing this hotel. I let the front desk know, and had hoped I might see compensation on my final bill, but there was nothing and the staff I spoke to the night did not apologize for the inconvenience. If you don't care about the internet access, it's a fine place to stay for a couple of nights. Breakfast was nothing special; but, I had a hard-boiled egg, a biscuit and gravy, and there is cereal, bagels, bread, etc. It's fine, and it's free. Yes, the bagels and bread are served in "communal bowls" as another reviewer mentioned, but how else would they be served, individually wrapped? They're in plastic serving stands with tongs. Acceptable.

Room Tip: Walk-up only, so keep that in mind if you have heavy bags.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are trying very hard to improve our wireless connectivity and hope we have found what we hope is a permanent solution. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we can better provide excellent service to our guests now and in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The second we drove in we knew we were in for a surprise. I booked the room because I was leaving early the next day on a flight. I work in the airline industry so I have stayed at many hotels and motels.

The check in was below par. The gentleman was friendly but was overwhelmed by phones ringing and others that needed help. Management needs to provide more help to make the establishment more professional.
Walking to our room we noticed big dumpster and storage type structures. I immediately noticed the property was very old. Upon entering it looked like a scene out of a 1970s movie. Very outdated. I removed the slid protector in the bathtub and found black mold underneath. Not very sanitary. The list could go on. Overall, it is in a great location, but is probably the worst establishment in rocky point. The place needs work.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we can improve. We are working very diligently to renovate and remodel and over the past 6 months have nearly 1/4 of our rooms made over. The exteriors have been redone as well as the lobby and landscape. We continue as occupancy allows. We are very pleased to offer one of the most desirable locations on the water and share all of our guest's recommendations with our staff and management for future consideration. I hope you will give us another try and when returning ask for a renovated room so that you can see all of the exciting changes we are making.