“Chase Suites Tampa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #95 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Kent
“Chase Suites Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Two couples stayed here for 7 days from 23/10/2013.
Our two bedroom suite was spotlessly clean and we had fresh towels everyday. Sheets were changed twice in 7 days. I don't think anyone changes sheets at home more regular than that so this was fully acceptable.
The furniture was a bit shabby chic but nothing horrendous. Could have done with more cooking equipment though, especially a kettle. There were massive beds in the rooms. Lovely.
This is really placed in a really handy spot for travelling to Clearwater, about 20 mins by car. This was one of the most superb beaches I have ever been on with sea like bath water. Other nearby areas we visited were...St Pete's, Tarpon Springs, Sarasota.There is a wonderful Christmas shop on the bridge over to Clearwater.Great fun.
Free breakfasts, newspapers,and internet use. This is a really good budget hotel with really helpful staff.

Room Tip: There is a small shop just outside the main gate on the left which is open until 11:00pm. Very near...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

it was okay stay for us.
If you are expecting a hotel with great view and nice breakfast... maybe look for other. but if you have a family and want to spend money on other stuff, this would be a good shot. got kitchen, dishes, freezer.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodating employees. I live in Maui, Hawaii and travel extensively. I needed curvical spinal surgery at the Laser Spinal Institute (LSI) and came across this location (which is about 3 buildings down) on a Hotel search site. I'm used to experiencing all levels of services without too much concern over the cost. Chase Hotel was super accomidationing taking my wife ( my caregiver required by LSI) to the pharmacy and grocery store and other places for various other items once my operation had occurred. So much so that their courtesy driver (Chris?) followed my wife back to the car rental location by the airport since it was obvious to us that they were willing to shuttle us around locally saving us thecost of the rental car. As to other aspects of our stay, great breakfast each morning and a beer/wine manager's happy hour. We never went to the beer/wine ssocial interaction since there is a nice restaurant next door to this hotel by taking a 100 yard walk through a directly connected gate. Housekeepers don't speak english very well but on the second "mime" discussion about extra pillows (becuase of my impending cervical operation) she handed me her housekeeper's radio and- BAM! Another housekeeper showed up with 4 pillows within 30 seconds.
I have one negative issue and it would be that their Wi-Fi was to weak and kept dropping us. A very important amenity to business owners such as ourselves. That needs to be a priority upgrade for the property that can be delt with at a minimal cost.
I have to return this December 2013 for a second and final cervical operation and I'll stay at the Chase Hotel again in hopes that they'll have fixed their wireless Wi-Fi issues put to rest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Christina P, Director of Sales at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We can't wait to see you in December! Thank you for your review.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were supposed to stay at Sailport but that hotel overbooked and we were sent to Chase. While Sailport may have the views of the bay, Chase was much nicer with hot breakfasts and daily room cleanings. Overall, the hotel is much cleaner than Sailport and I will probably stay there again than the other hotel. In previous reviews I read that the breakfast lady at Chase is a bit harsh. However, I found her to be very nice even hunting down hot chocolate for my daughter. She even gave my daughter a hug when she thanked her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We do take pride on our housekeeping staff. We are glad you will be returning. See you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My only complaint is I thought we were going to have a room with a view of the bay. Instead we viewed the parking lot. But for the short stay everything was fine. Might recommend that you find fitted sheets that actually fit the beds. Ours kept coming untucked and off at the head of the bed.

• Stayed October 2013
Christina P, Director of Sales at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We want to personal thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We here at Chase Suite Hotels thrive on performing the best hospitality that we can. Our rooms with a view are at an upgraded price, so please next time your in Tampa, call the hotel directly to make your reservation. We just received all new linen for all of our suites which resolves this issue. Again, thank you for your comments.
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was disappointed during our last booking of the Chase Suites Hotel Tampa Florida. I booked the hotel for 9/25-9/28 dates for the family vacation through Hotels.com. In the description and the pictures(that your company provides for the third party website) you can see the nice updated and clean rooms, the guest ratings are 4.1. I did not even hesitate to book it. When we arrived they gives us the room key for room #500, we just came in left our bags and went shopping, the stench smell of the room did not alert me, I just left the window open to get rid of it. When we came back I took a good look at the room, especially of the kitchen ( it was one of the main point why I booked the hotel, because we needed a kitchen where I can prepare food), I was so disappointed. The kitchen was way outdated with the dirty smelly sink, with some small toy near it ( probably from the previous guests), with wet celling, wet walls, wall paper peeling from one corner and showing the side of mold, huge stains on the carpet, stinky microwave (rusty too), refrigerator with an overwhelming smell and stains on the outside. I called the front desk , said my room number and asked if the smell comes from the wet walls and is it moldy, if we can switch to another room and there were no crib in the room as we requested for my 6 month old baby. The front desk lady who was on the evening shift that night, got offensive and said all the rooms are the same, they don’t have crib(even if it says in the online hotel description), but only pack-and-play, and the room smells because it was raining for 3 days. I did not want to put my 6 month old and my 10 y.o. in danger by breathing in the mold and asked if I will get charged for the night if I’m not going to stay in the room. Her reply was to call Hotels.com. I called Hotels.com and they referred me to call back to the front desk of the hotel to resolve the refund issues. I booked another hotel nearby and went to the registration office to return the key. The front desk lady start apologizing saying that she did not realize that they put us in room #500 and said that this room should be not assigned to anyone because it’s under update/construction/etc. I told her that I actually said my room number several times to her over the phone conversation. She said it did not click in her head and there was a paper somewhere near the registration computer that says no one should be checked in to #500, I said it was too late and I booked another hotel ,because she told me over the phone that all the rooms are the same. She could not undo the charge for the night of 9/25 and asked me to call me next day and speak with hotel manager. I called general manager next day several times and left multiple messages to call me back, finally around 5 PM I reach pout to her again. I explained my situation and said that I would like to have a refund for the night that we did not stay because of the condition of the room. She got offensive and said all rooms are renovated and update, I offered to send her the pictures that I took with my phone. Here exact reply was: “You can send whatever you want, I know all the rooms in the hotel and they are fine!” I asked he to contact her evening front desk personnel from the previous night, get the key and check out room #500 herself. She replied that she will check and call me back within 24 hrs. I waited 48 hr. and did not receive any calls from her, left multiple messages where I provided my phone number and asked her to call me back ASAP. She did not return my calls. I was under the impression that at least customer service will be better than the room but now it makes me think that your staff truly does not care about the customers or not trained to resolve the conflicts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. I am glad we did get in contact with you via phone and resolve your issues. Our employees here at Chase do thrive on consumer service and making everyone comfortable during their stay. Our entire property is undergoing renovation so we can have a new fresh clean look. We did get your problems resolved and thank you for your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Chase Suites is located in a great spot. You have the beach and Bahama Breeze in walking distance and everything else is a taxi cab away. Lots of room to bring the kids and extended family. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for choosing Chase Suite Hotels. We are conveniently located by the airport, shops, and a various local restaurants. We hope you will be our guest again. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the repeat discount when making your reservation. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!