“practically fraudulent” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #93 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Everett, Washington, United States
“practically fraudulent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had booked this hotel for a group, I was looking for the biggest bang for our bucks. I asked questions, looked at the webpage and did my research. The rooms looked nothing like the pics on the internet. the breakfast was non edible. the hotel staff was rude and unaccommodating. the room was dirty including the maid leaving some key lime pie in the fridge for lord knows how long. they booked one of my party on the side of the hotel that had construction going on next door. they would not change her room. she was woken up at 5 am every day. The pool was dirty I wouldn't let a dog in it. The hot tub was filled in with rocks. My family booked for five days we were out of there by day 2. the couch did pull out, but there were no linens left for the couch in the room and it was very uncomfortable. I asked for the hotel manager and our booking agent to get in touch with me and no one did. They made no attempt to resolve our groups issues (my biggest complaint) and our group will be doubling next year but not at the chase suties. we will seek accomodations elsewhere as I suggest you do. THIS HOTEL SUCKS, IF IT IS THE LAST HOTEL LEFT IN TAMPA THEN GO TO ORLANDO~!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Good Afternoon Lori H. Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. It is through comments such as yours that we can review our practices and provide training opportunities for our staff. Our hot tub has actually been closed for a little over a year now. I do apologize if this was not made clear to you and your group. I am not sure why we weren't able to accommodate the requests made by your group. I would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at ctrenton@chasesuitehotels.com. The team and I look forward to meeting your expectations during your next visit with us.

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked a one bedroom suite for my out of town buyer and she was very satisfied with the room, free breakfast ( freshly made waffles unlike the frozen toaster variety at the next door Hampton Inn) and a large waterfront dock to enjoy watching the wildlife and boating. So very nice to be able to park your car right outside your door and the convenient location on Rocky Point makes this an ideal spot to reach all of Tampa Bay and beaches!

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom suite. More than enough room and what can beat parking your car right outs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Al C! Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. With our property offering exterior corridor rooms, it gives guests the feel of independent living that some truly enjoy. With this, you are able to pull right up to your building and park. The team and I look forward to having you join us during your future visits on property!
Doctors Inlet, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I go to Tampa quite often. We always stay at Chase Suite Hotel. I don't know why the other reviewers would say that this hotel is not clean....it has ALWAYS been beyond clean each time I have stayed there. The front desk staff is amazing and friendly. The rooms are extremely clean. The location is perfect to both Tampa and St. Pete/Clearwater. I never even check other hotels if I need to stay in Tampa. This place is THE BEST!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello intothemysts! We truly appreciate the review you left of your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. Being right in the middle of going to Tampa or Clearwater makes it so easy to travel either way. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel sometime in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Chase for four nights on July 15-18. The location and the service are excellent but needs furnishing, rugs, appliance updating and stairs and balconies renovation. I saw renovation in process for stairs and balconies, and I'm sure management will also take care of furnishing, rugs, appliance updating. Certainly, I will be back again but this time I will book a renovated bay view studio suite.

• Stayed July 2013
Good Afternoon RafaelLopez1218! Thank you for leaving some feedback on your recent stay with us. As you saw while you were here, we are in the middle of doing quite a few renovation projects. Not only on the exterior of the property, but interior as well. When you return to stay with us again, I hope you are able to notice some more improvements!
Collinsville, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The pictures on the site are old and outdated. The room was not very clean (found trash and shoes under the bed). There is no hot tub, it is filled with rocks. The appliances are from the 80's and the stairs are horrible. Also, there was construction going on next door and they started early EVERY day, including Sunday.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms have a Bay view - we were told we had a bayview - we could only see it from 1 windo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Good Morning Rachael 2013! Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We actually have a brand new website online now. The pictures shown are all up to date and reflect the property. A part of the renovations going on around the property is demolishing the older staircases and balconies and replacing them with freshly built ones.. It is my hope that you will come by to visit with us again and get the opportunity to see the improvements we are making!
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Chase for three weeks on business and was very impressed by the general running of the hotel. The rooms are slightly dated, but for the price you can't go wrong. The staff were friendly, the breakfasts were adequate, if not good and the daily social hour was a nice opportunity to interact with some of the staff and residents.

Apart from housekeeping not arriving once or twice, my experience was wholly positive and I can highly recommend the Chase as an affordable accommodation option in Tampa.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Good Afternoon Gerhard_Lourens! Thank you very much for leaving some feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. You may have noticed during your stay with us, that we are in the process of doing some renovations throughout the property. Hopefully next time you are in the Tampa area you will stay with us and get the opportunity to see the improvements that we are making.
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were there this weekend for July the first and alhough the staff were friendly the room was not good. At the entrance of the room the decking look like they were ready to fall off. The were rotted and ready to fall off. This an accident waiting to happen if they don't repair it soon.
When we moved the sofa there was some ball of hairs. The carpet was ripped and the headboard had dust. I wonder how was it under the beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Good Morning Miriam L! Thank you for leaving some feedback of your recent stay with us. Through receiving comments like yours, the team can work together to improve our level and quality of service. We are currently in the process of repairing the decking and staircases throughout the property. If given a second opportunity, you may see this update, amongst others. If you would like to discuss these issues or share any more of your concerns with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me at ctrenton@chasesuitehotels.com. The team and I look forward to meeting your expectations during your next visit with us.

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!