“One night stay in Tampa, pre cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #96 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
New Hampshire
“One night stay in Tampa, pre cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nothing fancy, but nice clean, well equipped room. Separate and full kitchen, nicely supplied. Comfy bed with nice soft linens. Living area w/ working fireplace (not working on my stay, they were updating?), nice flat screen tv, comfy sofa, nice work area. Very small balcony. Room was quiet and comfortable. Great water pressure, shower was lovely. Nearby (walking distance) to a small convenience store, a decent restaurant w/live music and good food and drinks. Pool was small but adequate, clean and well kept. Could see how staying here for a longer stay (would need a car, not really close to much). Staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was about what was expected, nothing special but more than enough, was packed on Sunday (lots of cruisers). Only downside was the very long wait at the airport for shuttle van pick up ... had to call a few times to be sure they were actually coming to get us. The shuttle to the cruise port in the morning was perfect however, fast, prompt and door to door. I would stay here again and recommend to friends.. was very reasonably priced, clean and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a wonderfull place to stay when in Tampa. We were going on a cruise and stayed before the curise and after the curise. Tony was our driver. He picked us up at the airport and took us on a little tour before we went to the hotel. Tony was great with helping with our bags and my husbands wheel chair. Don't miss a chance to stay here when cruising. Tony dropped us off right in front of the ship and helped us get to where we were going.

Room Tip: all of the suites were great. Try to stay where you are facing the canal.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night stay before taking a cruise that left from Tampa. The deciding factor was the shuttle that is included in the cost of the stay. The pictures of the Hotel showed a clean, modern upscale room. But the reality of this Hotel is far from what is pictured on their website.
To start we received the confirmation email from the hotel with instructions on calling for the shuttle when our flight lands. But the phone number on this email was incorrect and we could not reach the Hotel. Since I had the original booking emails printed out, I called the phone number on that paperwork and I ended up with being transferred from the booking office to the actual hotel. It takes much longer for this to occur and after several calls I had to look up the phone number for the hotel on my phones internet. This should not have occurred and it just added to the frustrations that occurred with this hotel stay.
When we arrived at the airport we called for the shuttle. We call 4 times within a 1 hour period for the shuttle. The staff at the Hotel was not helpful in giving directions on where to wait for the shuttle. Additionally they offered no ETA for the shuttle to arrive at the airport. When we called the last time we informed the front desk that if the shuttle did not arrive soon we were going to take a taxi and the hotel would need to pay the cost of the taxi. It was only after we made this statement to the Hotel staff that the shuttle arrived at the airport.
When we arrived at the Hotel we were shocked to find that it looked like a 1970’s time share property. This is not the modern building we were expecting. Additionally there are many different 2 story buildings at the hotel and some of them are quite a distance from the hotel office. When checking in we overheard the fact that there is no elevator and the least expensive rooms are always on the 2nd floor. I had booked one of these rooms.
Most of the time being on the 2nd floor with no elevator is difficult for people who travel as they have to lug all of their luggage up all of those stairs. For people who are going on a cruise it is much more difficult. This is because they end up with more luggage due to the different kinds of dress that you would wear on the cruise. Also, cruisers who are leaving the next day would end up taking the luggage up the stairs on the night before the cruise and then taking the luggage down the stairs the next morning. This is not the way to start your relaxing and fun cruise. For people who are disabled this is not the hotel you want to stay in. Incidentally, I travel with a disabled woman who walks with a cane and she cannot help lift the luggage up the stairs. So I would have to carry all of our luggage up to the 2nd floor. I did inform the check in clerk that the 2nd floor is out of the question because of this issue and she initially said that the room I booked is upstairs. I had to argue with her for quite some time to get her to give us a more accessible room. However, the room we did get was a long way away from the front of the hotel and it still has several stairs to climb to get to the room.
Once we were in the room it was clear that they have posted the best views of this room. The bed, dressers and chairs do look just like what is pictured on the internet. But they are not showing the dingy outdated kitchen area. While we did not have any problems with our room, other people we talked to said that there were cockroaches in their kitchen.
We did express our displeasure with the front desk and they offered no recourse for any of their issues. While talking with them about the problems they called the security guard in to stand in the check-in area. He did not appear to be all that competent and he just kept playing with his smart phone while glaring at us. We asked to speak with the manager and was told that there is no manager or supervisor available on the weekends which included the Friday night that we checked in. We were given the business cards for the managers so they could be contacted at a later date. But this did not solve our immediate problem with this hotel.
I did make it clear to the clerk that we expect to be transported to the cruise terminal the next day on time and with no problems. They scheduled us for the shuttle and they did complete this with no issues.
The breakfast that they offered was not horrible, but it was also not great. I prefer to have yogurt in individual containers and not just a vanilla yogurt in a large bowl with a spoon. They do not offer hot tea in their breakfast and I do not drink coffee. They do not have many selections of cereals and there was no granola. Basically it was ok, but not really good. They have hard-boiled eggs which were ok.
Prior to leaving this hotel I let them know that I will not stay at their hotels again and I strongly suggest that you do not stay here. I suggest that you choose a more reputable Hotel where they can resolve your issues when they occur.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel for your stay in Tampa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Good Morning deb1bay! Thank you for leaving some feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. We are actually rolling out a brand new website today, that will feature all new photographs. We are in the process of doing quite a bit of renovation on the property, so the new website will reflect that. Again I do apologize for your less than favorable experience with us. I hope that maybe sometime in the future you may give us the opportunity to change your perspective of Chase Suites.
Marianna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was me, my wife, and our 3 teenaged kids. We were very impressed with how nice and clean the rooms were, and how comfortable the beds were. I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was.
Great

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Good Morning Michael P! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. We get quite a few compliments on how comfortable our beds are. Which can be one of the most important aspects of a hotel stay. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here. Next time you are in the Tampa area, don't forget to come back by and visit!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Tampa last weekend for a get-away and to see family. We stayed at Chase Suit Hotel for only one night as part of the different activities we were doing. I had never heard of them, but I must say we were impressed. The room was welcoming, clean, comfortable and very practical (TV, desk, small living room area, complete kitchen, great bed, bathroom)- perfect for anyone who needs to stay for a long period of time in that area. The breakfast was great!! Hot breakfast or cold, juices, coffee; it was perfect. There were many amenities we never used so I can't say much about those.

The only things I didn't like was the service at the front desk the night we arrived; good service but not very welcoming, we arrived around 10pm. Also, as other reviews have noted, the appliances were a bit dated, but it didn't affect the quality of our stay.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying long periods of time, whether business or pleasure. Nice place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning! Thank you for leaving us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We are a small brand of eight hotels nationwide, so not many people are aware of our name. However, once you stay with us one time, you become a part of our extended family. I hope that you will be able to come again soon and get to enjoy all the other amenities you may have missed!
Halton Hills, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great stay at the Chase Hotel. The room was clean and we were very close to downtown Tampa. The only issues were the room was a bit dated (old appliances, fixtures, etc). There were four A/C units right beside the deck which made sitting outside impossible. The hotel provided a "happy hour" in which free beer (limit of two), soft drinks and snacks were served. The outdoor patio in front of the hotel looked over the bay which was quite nice. There is a small variety store on the premises.

It was a nice stay and we would likely go back next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room/suite first.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning! Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us! I am not sure if you noticed during your stay here, that we are actually in the process of doing some renovations to our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Social Hour and the deck area. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!