“Disaster” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #96 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
belfast northern ireland
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this "hotel" for 2 nights prior to a cruise-because the reviews were so good -mostly from Americans.well all I can say is you must be easily pleased.to call it a hotel is a violation of the word.i wouldn't even call it a motel.i arrived in the dark from the uk.given a key and left to find the room with 2 suitcases.i couldn't find it and went back to reception where the taxi driver was and he showed me into the room.it was dark and "old fashioned".could do with a good makeover.it is in the middle of nowhere with only 1 restaurant nearby.as I was a single woman travelling alone I thought I had booked into a conventional hotel where there would be a lot of people about and a bar and restaurant.no such luck.their free taxi service was adequate but I had to wait 2hours on Saturday to be collected from the international plaza complex.i wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and I certainly wouldn't stay in it again.

Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked this hotel because of the reviews on trip advisor. Took over an hour to get picked up at the airport, driver said they only had 1 van running even though the hotel was booked solid. I think it was a cash problem. Reservations online were messed up. They even messed up the reservation that I called and made. Took over 2 hours for the couple we were meeting to get from the airport to hotel. The next day we were lucky that the driver told us to get on, even though it wasn't our turn. We did not even try to use them from the cruise ship back to the airport. Another guest gave up after 1 1/2 hours waiting! Great idea/concept, poor execution and planning by the hotel. First time trip advisor steered us wrong.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Asbury Park, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I spend about 1 week per month on average in Tampa for business. I keep returning to this hotel because it is convenient, inexpensive and centrally located. I like that it is located on the bay and there are many places to sit outside and enjoy the breezes. I also like that every room comes with a kitchen. I prefer to stock up at Publix over their breakfast and eating out all of the time. I will warn that the place is a little worn. My first trip, I only stayed overnight so I didn't really explore the kitchen. My second trip, I was initially put in a bay front room. It was a nice location and I really wanted to stay there, but the room smelled so moldy that I got a headache. They were accommodating and moved me, but my new room was on the parking lot. The room itself is big. I think of it as my Tampa studio apartment. The bed is comfortable. Every room has either a small sofa or two chair with ottoman. Many rooms have an area to sit outside and even if you don't have one of those you can sit down on their bayside deck. The furniture (other than the beds) has seen better days. Making it more homelike I suppose. I have two big peeves here. I am a woman traveling alone. Chase Suites are spread out and the grounds are a bit dark. It would be nice to have someone accompany solo travelers to their rooms. My other is that they change their internet access code daily and they do not necessarily let you know. You have to call the desk to get the code which changes at midnight every night. I am there for business so I'd like late night notification of my access code somehow. Maybe they could send out a text message? That's the end of my complaints. Chase Suites is close to the airport. It is in a pretty spot. There's a fairly decent restaurant next door. I can easily drive to Ybor City for an evening out. I can also meet with others in Clearwater and Tampa easily. I can even drive to Orlando in about 1.5 hours. It isn't the Ritz, but I would recommend it for business, familes and couples. I'd like a little better sense of security and light. I'd like them to update their kitchens and steam clean their furniture. I'd love a bayfront room without mold too. As a northerner, I'd like them to turn down the pool temperature too. Still I'm going back to Tampa at the end of month and I plan to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room isn't moldy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Used this for just an overnight stay (in a one-bed studio) and was able to use the Florida hotels voucher book (green one) to get a good rate. Except for a worn breakfast bar stool, the space was well-furnished and carefully planned. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and the hospitality hour in the clubhouse was a bonus. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the water with its dolphins and birdlife. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very similar experience to Bruce B. Purchased the snooze and cruise package which included shuttle service to the port. We arrived at Tampa airport and immediately called the hotel for shuttle service. We were advised that the shuttle had just left the airport but would be back for us in 20-30 minutes. Over an hour later we gave up and grabbed a taxi. When we explained the wait to the hotel staff we didn't get much of an explanation other than they're very busy, which is fine, stuff happens. At check in we found out that we wouldn't be able to get shuttled to the port the next day until the afternoon, which again was a disappointment.
I had read previously about the older outdated rooms, which didn't bother me, but I didn't expect a spongy floor that felt like I was going to fall through. Even the little bugs didn't bother us too much, but that floor....
The next morning we ended up taking another taxi to the port as we didn't want to waste half of our first day waiting for a shuttle.
The check in counter seemed way understaffed as well. The nice lady working did her best to keep up but the place was basically a complete gong show on Sunday morning.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If I were reviewing this hotel on the employees only, I would give it a higher rating. Every one I dealt with was efficient and friendly. However, since I am reviewing the entire "package", I have to give it a lower rating.

I had the cruise package. When I arrived, I called the hotel from the airport, the van arrived within a reasonable time. I got to the hotel early, but there were no rooms available yet. They were still trying to transport the people checking out to the cruise port. There were alot of people, and I think they were running behind, but they were scrambling to get everyone out as quickly as possible. Because there were so many people, they had to use other vans from outside sources. It was a bit chaotic, but I was impressed that they seemed to be going the extra distance to get people out because of the number of people.

The room was okay, but the floor was "soft". It almost felt as if my foot would go thru the floor when I stepped on certain areas. The bed was comfortable. There was a kitchen area with a microwave, stove (I think), and refrigerator, but I did not have a need to use any of them.

The water in the pool was cold. They said the heater had been repaired that day, but it didn't seem like it. I had planned to stay by the pool all day, but the water was too cold, and there was nothing nearby to do. So I basically stayed in my room all day. This is the primary reason for giving the average rating.

I took the early shuttle to the cruise port, and the service was efficient. When I got back on Saturday, the van was there when I got off the ship, so I didn't have to wait long. I am not sure what would have happened if I didn't meet the van at that time, because there was some type of Mardi Gras parade scheduled for that day, and there was ALOT of traffic. I guess I was blessed to be in the right place at the right time.

All in all, the stay was okay, but I would choose another hotel if I ever cruise out of Tampa again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

In short, the room was fine, but service was terrible. We booked one night and the air to cruise package so that we would be picked up at the Tampa Airport, taken to the hotel, then fromthe hotel to the ship and then after the cruise from the ship to the airport. I was told at the airport the shuttle was on the way and would be there in about 15 minutes. 40 minutes later I was told it was stuck in tracffic between the hotel and the airport. 25 minutes later I was told to take a cab.. The cab made it to thehotel in 10 minutes with no traffic and the shuttle was still not there. Afterhe cruise, we were told that the shuttle was on its was and then 15 minutes later was on the port property. After 45 minutes, the shuttle appeared, but was full and would be back in about 45 minutes "but the other shuttle is only 5 minutes behind me". 20 minutes later we took a cab. The front dest will say anything to get you off the line when you call it. We explained that ouor 85 year old mother was with us in the port parking lot and the immigration agents had left, and they said its okay, the shuttle will be there in a minute. We will never use that hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!