“We have already been back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3075 North Rocky Point Drive East, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel by Woodfin - Tampa)   |
Ranked #95 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Maryland
“We have already been back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is affordable and clean. Great breakfast in the morning and a nice size pool. Convenient location, close to Clearwater and downtown Tampa.

Room Tip: Great room with kitchen
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for three days with extended family for a wedding. Spacious clean rooms (bi level suite) that had plenty of living space fro get togethers. Morning breakfast consisted of fruits, breads, and WAFFLES!!!. next door to Bahamas Breeze restaurant which became the defacto evening gathering place. Located a few mintues from airport (free shuttle) in an area with other hotels - around 15-20 minutes from downtown. Got great price via group rate and would recommend to other families looking for a place to gather. Only consideration is that it might have been a good idea to rent single rooms for older members of the party who would have liked to sleep in

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Winter Park, Florida, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

As soon as you drive into the property, you see that it's grounds are kept up and it's clean. You'll also feel like you're in a small appartment complex. The "clubhouse" includes the front desk and the area where breakfast is served. The front desk staff need to learn basic customer service skills and how to address issues sincerely. I interacted with several employees throughout a week's stay and only 1 managed to act professionally. The breakfast area is very small for the amount of guests that utilize it. I question the quality and safety of the food they serve. Milk and butter were left on the counter without anything to keep it cold, day after day. The only nice part of breakfast that I felt I could trust was the waffle station, and there was always a line. There isn't anything around the hotel you can go to for breakfast (nearest place is 10 minutes), so you're kind of stuck if you want to eat. For dinner, there's a few places within walking disance, and they're great.

Internet -- This property's internet is HORRIBLE. I have a CLEAR 3/4G device, and while there is 4G coverage, it won't work indoors due to the buildings.

The "business center" is basically 2 computers next to the front desk. I didn't attempt to use either, but I did hear a few times that guests were having trouble with them and the front desk said "don't use that one it doesn't work right".

The room --

I stayed in a standard studio suite. First, I booked using one of those travel sites where you don't know the name up front. When you do that, you kind of expect to be in the undesired areas of a property. I would definitely ask where your room is before you leave the clubhouse and ask if it's near the pool or tennis/basketball court, and if you're on the ground floor, are their AC units outside your door. You will hear everything that goes on outside your suite.

The TV is a 32" and is mounted above the desk, so you can't work at the desk and really watch TV without getting up or moving further back. For the distance between the bed and TV, it should have been much much larger. The TV could be programmed correctly so there aren't so many blacked out channels.

The bed was very comfortable, though the sheets were very old. The bathroom floor needed regrouting and you heard it crackle as you walked on it. You have your own hot water heater but the bath amenities were below par -- bring your own. The towels need a major bleeching or replacing.

The kitchen was the main reason I stayed here (I knew it had a kitchenette when booking blindly). The appliances are from the 1980's when the property was originally a Marriott Residence Inn. They work and are clean.

Everything is clean, it's just out-dated and definitely needs a face lift. If cost is a concern, this property is for you. If you're a business professional or are turned off by things like unfriendly staff and corner cutting, this property isn't for you. I question it's 2.5 star rating as it doesn't compare with similar hotels.

Bottom line, would I stay here again, in a pinch or cost crunch, yes. Otherwise, NO.

Saginaw, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is a resonable hotel for the price. although we were kind dof weary, due to all the young people hanging around the complex and it was just a lil too busy outside the unit during the day and night. The staff was very unprofessional and rude. Would not accomendate us and get us an early check-in due to a person in our party being ill. They werent even nice about it, and even told us they would not bother the housekeeping about trying to clean a room for us! I will definitely not be staying here again, and wouldnt recommend it either.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at Chase Suite Hotel for our cruise. We booked the Snooze and Cruise Package which was well worth it. It included all our transportation needs. First impression was that the place was an aprtment complex which turned to out to be suites (hense the name chase suites).

We booked a king bedroom which we actually got a free upgrade to a waterview room which rocked. We were a little worried about the hotel from reading all the other reviews but wow some people really have some issues. There isnt anything wrong with this place i personally think people just like to complain..

The breakfast was nice, the night social was nice and the room was great. A little outdated but very comfy. As far as one review about waiting to be picked up from there cruise made me laugh. That guest was probally the last one off the boat after dilly dalling and then wanted to be catered to. Did we have to wait sure. But cmon people. hire a taxi next time and pay the extra $50 if your time is more important than 20mins..

I would recommend Chase Suites to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The price was reasonable but the value for the money can't be matched. Not only were the rooms clean and spacious but it was like a mini-resort with a full kitchen and other amenities. It was like being at home.

Room Tip: If staying with a large party order the suite.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I chose the Chase Suites Hotel for a one-night business trip to Tampa because of the advertised "bay front view." Since I was only going to be there for one night I wanted to enjoy looking over the water while I drank my morning coffee. What they didn't say was that the 'view' was about 200 feet of water and the Courtney Campbell Causeway bridge. Alas, no peaceful morning view. That was my first disappointment.

My second was when I called the lobby for a cab that would, reportedly, take 10 to 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I was still waiting for my cab and already late for a dinner function. I asked the front desk manager twice to call me another cab. He kept telling me it was on it's way. Finally I took out my trusty i-Phone, found another cab company and had a cab in less than 10 minutes. I don't know that the cab the hotel ordered ever arrived.

The next disappointment was when I tried to go to sleep. The air conditioning compressor was in a small closet right next to the bed...and the whole bed vibrated, hummed and clanked depending on what the A/C was doing. I would have moved to another hotel if I could have. Finally at 3am I took all the bedding off the bed and made a pallet for myself on the floor on the other side of the room where I was able to grab 5 hours of sleep before my morning meeting.

My next disappointment was the breakfast. What had been billed as a 'full hot breakfast' was actually waffles, danish, and hot wrapped pre-cooked egg and sausage biscuits about two inches in diameter. I grabbed a bowl of fruit, a yogurt and a cup of coffee and headed back to my room to enjoy my 'bay front view.'

I don't travel to Tampa often, but I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa? Share your experiences!