3 coworkers and I stayed at the Baymont for a week during the Tampa RV Show.
The location was great, it wasn't surrounded by the chaos of the downtown but the highways were so close that we could access Channel side, Ybor city and all sorts of shopping malls within mere minutes. At night the hotel was peaceful and quiet, great for sleeping.
The facilities themselves are clean and well maintained, we stayed in the suite rooms and they are a delight. There was a nice desk with a bright lamp to work at, a comfortable couch and plasma television for relaxing, a balcony for fresh air and a staircase that led up to a comfortable king sized bed with another tv. The suite also had a bathroom near the main floor couch and a full shower and bath next to the bed upstairs. The shower had great pressure and was very clean. There was also a well sized fridge and a microwave and cupboards for in room snacks.
There was a breafast provided every morning, with a nice variety of fruits, pastries and cereals to choose from alongside the standard bacon, eggs and sausages. There's even a waffle iron to make hot and fresh waffles (which btw were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!).
The hotel also had a great laundry facility and a computer in the lobby with free internet access to all patrons.
All of the afforementioned points would usually add up to a great hotel stay, but what really makes the Baymont an excellent place to stay is the INCREDIBLE staff. From the moment we checked in to the day we checked out, Melissa, Jay and his wife and all of the other desk and cleaning staff went above and beyond to ensure we were enjoying our time there.
Melissa has to be one of the friendliest and caring people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering in a hotel stay. She did things that she had no need to do, and it genuinely came from her kind personality and exuberant energy. She helped us find tickets for a hockey game, proactively offered us some tasty Cuban sandwiches and wine/beer when she saw we had a long day and went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed. It felt like we were dealing with a longtime friend more than someone we had just met. She is really an amazing asset to the hotel and a testament to what fantastic customer service can be like.
Jay and his wife were always making sure to greet us upon coming and leaving the hotel, they worked very hard to ensure the breakfasts were on point and helped with things like directions and where the best local hotspots were. Jay insisted we shop at the dillards national clearance center ad he was so right, I bought a shirt that would usually cost 60$ for 14$! Once again it felt as though we were dealing with a friend more than someone who had a professional interest in keeping us happy.
Overall the stay was one of the business stays I have ever had, the combination of reasonable rates, excellent facilities and extrodinarily friendly staff made for a fantastic trip in Tampa. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique property situated in a quiet scenic location, the Hotel has 59 rooms including 32 Townhouse Suites. We are easily accessible from I-75 and I-4 and we are located just 15 minutes from Downtown Tampa. The Hotel has an Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Free Wireless Internet Access and Complimentary Breakfast. Our Townhouse Suites are bi-level lofts with a king bed upstairs, 1.5 bathrooms and 2 TVs. Our facilities offer over 2000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting room space that can accommodate Business Meetings and Leisure Parties including Wedding Groups. 100 Percent Smoke Free. We are proud partners of the Hard Rock Casino, Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm, Tampa Bay Forum, and the Florida state fairgrounds. We now offer shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Tampa Sabal Park
- Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park Hotel Tampa
- Baymont Inn Tampa Hotel
- Tampa Amerisuites