“Excellent Accomodations, INCREDIBLE SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10007 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Accomodations, INCREDIBLE SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

3 coworkers and I stayed at the Baymont for a week during the Tampa RV Show.
The location was great, it wasn't surrounded by the chaos of the downtown but the highways were so close that we could access Channel side, Ybor city and all sorts of shopping malls within mere minutes. At night the hotel was peaceful and quiet, great for sleeping.

The facilities themselves are clean and well maintained, we stayed in the suite rooms and they are a delight. There was a nice desk with a bright lamp to work at, a comfortable couch and plasma television for relaxing, a balcony for fresh air and a staircase that led up to a comfortable king sized bed with another tv. The suite also had a bathroom near the main floor couch and a full shower and bath next to the bed upstairs. The shower had great pressure and was very clean. There was also a well sized fridge and a microwave and cupboards for in room snacks.

There was a breafast provided every morning, with a nice variety of fruits, pastries and cereals to choose from alongside the standard bacon, eggs and sausages. There's even a waffle iron to make hot and fresh waffles (which btw were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!).

The hotel also had a great laundry facility and a computer in the lobby with free internet access to all patrons.

All of the afforementioned points would usually add up to a great hotel stay, but what really makes the Baymont an excellent place to stay is the INCREDIBLE staff. From the moment we checked in to the day we checked out, Melissa, Jay and his wife and all of the other desk and cleaning staff went above and beyond to ensure we were enjoying our time there.

Melissa has to be one of the friendliest and caring people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering in a hotel stay. She did things that she had no need to do, and it genuinely came from her kind personality and exuberant energy. She helped us find tickets for a hockey game, proactively offered us some tasty Cuban sandwiches and wine/beer when she saw we had a long day and went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed. It felt like we were dealing with a longtime friend more than someone we had just met. She is really an amazing asset to the hotel and a testament to what fantastic customer service can be like.

Jay and his wife were always making sure to greet us upon coming and leaving the hotel, they worked very hard to ensure the breakfasts were on point and helped with things like directions and where the best local hotspots were. Jay insisted we shop at the dillards national clearance center ad he was so right, I bought a shirt that would usually cost 60$ for 14$! Once again it felt as though we were dealing with a friend more than someone who had a professional interest in keeping us happy.

Overall the stay was one of the business stays I have ever had, the combination of reasonable rates, excellent facilities and extrodinarily friendly staff made for a fantastic trip in Tampa. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sweetwater, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed here on business for a trade show. Everyone at the front desk was so wonderful and accommodating. Such helpful people, they tried to make you feel at home. The hotel was very clean and beautiful courtyard. Nice fitness center as well!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We have stayed in various hotels & Inns over the years throughout USA and have found the Baymont Inn Tampa Sabal Park the best of all, the suites are very spacious, very clean, comfortable furniture and beds, staff are excellent and tend to your every need. It's very personal, excellent breakfast included, nice atmosphere, even a private bar to enjoy an evening cocktail. If you are ever in the Tampa area, this is a wonderful stop for a few days. We liked it so much so stayed a couple of weeks.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

call directly for best deal, knowledgeable computer staff. Grounds are very suitable for walking pets, esp. around the lovely lake

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

My car had broken down and we needed a place to stay for the night, the staff was wonderful and very helpful when we first arrived, we had our cat with us and they didn't mind at all, just had to pay a pet deposit on the room. The next day we were allowed to check out late, upon request, and were even able to wait around for my father to come help us fix the car. The breakfast we had there was also very nice, wasn't expecting to find such a silver lining in the whole car situation, but this hotel was it.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My first trip to USA and I booked this hotel online intending to stay one night while I worked out an itinerary for business throughout Florida. The staff were so helpful I ended up using it as my base on and off for 2 weeks. Nice clean room, good breakfast, free internet access, relaxing lounge and pool area, lovely gardens ... it more than met my requirements.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was in Tampa for a business trip and stayed at this Hotel as it was close to the Businesses that I was going to. I was pleasantly surprised that it had all the amenities that I wanted at a very reasonable price. There are other major Hotels in this area, that I have stayed at before but if you are looking for a very quite place to do your business then I recommend this hotel highly. It's very reasonable and it's a boutique Hotel like no other Hotel that I have stayed at, newly renovated and very clean, reminds me of when I was in Spain. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!