“Very comfy and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10007 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #93 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Very comfy and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was so homelike and warm. Also very clean rooms and in the night quiet. The breakfast was simple but good. Do not expect a fixed breakfast for you from a celebrity chef but there were cinnamon rolls and cereals, milk and coffee and orange juice also eggs and biscuits.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our room smelled like smoke and recently cooked food!! There seems to be a ventilation issue for the rooms that have cook tops. We found a condom wrapper in our room in addition to multiple bugs that lived with us during our stay. The property is in an office park and at first seems safe but after a few hours you will feel completely different about your safety. The staff told us stories about how they get prostitutes and drug dealers all the time and the struggles they've had with constant visits by the police. I don't post often but as you can see I typically post when I have a good experience in this case I felt compelled to share a bad one to help you not make a big mistake and ruin a vacation of business trip.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Mainstay at Tampa was the best deal in the area. The hotel is old but has been reconditioned. The room was clean, the kitchen adequate. The microwave wasnt the best but worked ok. The room had a full size fridge and freezer. The desk area was not well thought out. The internet was very unstable but there was a hot spot available. The staff appologized and told me the online service was in the process of being upgraded. The grounds were neat, tidy and had an old Spanish feel to them. The staff was very busy but attentive and responsive to my requests. Breakfast was not great. Hot oatmeal, juice, bread and pastries. The coffee was awful. For the money, I still recommend it versus the high dollar rooms in the area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

If you want a decent hotel at an excellent price...this is a great place to stay. We stayed here on Thursday, October 30 to Saturday Nov. 1, and were so impressed we booked MainStay Suites in Tampa. The next night for a visit with our daughter who is attending USF. Finding the hotel and the check-in process went very smooth. We got up to our room and everything was clean and the room was a lot nicer and roomier than I expected! Throughout our stay, we had requested for extra towels and other small things and everything was done promptly. The staff was very friendly. Thank you :).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I was in tapma for several weeks for business and i needed a hotel that was quite with meeting room accommodations. I saw the reviews on this hotel and booked it. I was very pleased with my choice. The hotel is in a quiet area. My room was loft style with a staircase that lead up to my bed, it was big, spacious and beautiful. My room had a kitchen area which was great, cause i love to cook even when i'm away from home. I noticed they were doing some renovations on others rooms putting kitchens in them as well.The staff was awesome. They had a nice breakfast, with a little bar area, hopefully they will open it soon, cause really that's all this hotel is missing! Love my stay and I will return again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

The price I paid for the room was really surprised the rooms are awesome I had the suite room with kitchen And the suite have two level. I was there for my bachelor party and we had fun with big space in the room. The breakfast was good too and there is pond next to hotel. I guess this have new ownership now so they are try to fix more in this hotel and staff was helpful too.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel when we took the kids to fairgrounds to visit Cracker Town.. The property is under new owners and you can tell. Staff was great and very helpful. The pool area and the grounds around the property very clean and maintained. My wife loves the suite we had. You walk in and there is a kitchen then living room with pullout sofa. That's wee the kids slept. The there was a stair case to a loft with a king bed and a full bathroom. Oh there was a bathroom downstairs as well. Great for me cause traveling with three women isn't easy lol... The place was great already booked for the Florida state fair in February.. Thanks to Brian the GM there and His staff they made us feel like we were home.. See you in February..

Stayed October 2014

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!