“Great time ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10007 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Great time ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for 9 days because of my husbands work. We brought our three girls with us. I highly recommend getting the two story suites! Great for personal space when bringing kids! Everyone and the hotel was really nice and friendly everything was kept very clean and had no problems with anything .
Only issue is that it's a 40 minute drive to Clearwater Beach do we knew that in advance

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked a "loft" room for a 2 night stay over Memorial Day weekend with our children. We got into Tampa earlier than expected and called to see if we could check in earlier than the 3pm check in time. The front desk clerk Ann was extremely helpful and friendly and managed to get us into our room by 12pm...awesome! The room had just been cleaned and everything was in order. The room was equipped with a microwave, fridge, sink, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms, pull out sofa, king size bed in the loft along with 2 flat screen TV's. The room was extremely quiet. The room was equipped with an A/C unit downstairs and a thermostat upstairs...I don't think the thermostat controls anything as it was a bit stuffy upstairs. I turned up the A/C downstairs and as I always travel with a small fan plugged it in and circulated some air which helped to cool it off upstairs. It was comfortable after that. The pool was nice and clean and very enjoyable. This place isn't the easiest to find, so make sure you have a good GPS! I suppose if I have any complaints, which I really don't, the breakfast could use a little work. They have cereal, some toast, muffins and hot oatmeal, milk and juice. That's about it. Waffles and maybe some eggs would be nice, but for the price we paid for a nice, clean, quiet and safe room I am fully satisfied with our stay. If we come back to the Tampa area we will stay again.

Room Tip: Bring a small fan if you choose a loft room, help the air circulate better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I found this hotel decent. The room was clean. The hotel is quiet and safe. We liked the microwave, sink, and refrigerator in the room. Nice television in the room. The fitness room was excellent. The location was close to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is located about 15 minutes away. But the hotel is hard to find. It is located in a business district. No restaurants close to the hotel. We had to drive ten minutes to get to a restaurant. Parking was good at the hotel. The free breakfast was average. The ice machine close to our room was broken. I had to carry our cooler to the other side of the hotel. We liked this hotel since it was close to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Beverly Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel. I had never stayed at Mainstay before. Place was in a nice little suburb outside of Tampa. We had a room with upstairs bedroom/downstairs living room with a sleeper sofa and small kitchenette with mini fridge and microwave. Very unique concept with the upstairs bedroom and full bath and half bath downstairs. Balcony overlooking the pool was nice. It was quiet and peaceful for a family outing. There were 5 families including us that stayed at the hotel. Overall, very good reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: The suites with one bed had the upstairs/downstairs unique concept.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We needed a place to stay until our condo opened up on the beach so stayed here for 3 nights. Very nice place, we had a room with upstairs/downstairs. The room had the normal wear but was clean and comfortable. The court/swimming pool area was also very nice. I will stay here again if the situation arises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

The best place I ever stayed. Staff and manager were like a family nice clean rooms great location inexpensive. Its great because my school is right across the street. Free breakfast nice pool close to fairgrounds staff helpful willing to go above and beyond. I have been staying once a month for school. I won't go anywhere else. There are also loft rooms if you want to share a room with a friend. Close to restaurants. Ive stayed in other hotels but none of the staff was as caring and nice as these staff The manager even let me keep my stuff in his office after checkout until I got out of school and my ride came. I was given student discounts. They also have a nice gym that I can go to when I get out of class. There are other hotels around the area but none of them would be close to this hotel. They make a hotel a home away from home and that is more valuable than anything Its just like when you go to a restaurant and the servers treat you like family you come back and become regulars. Thats what Ive become in mainstay suites of tampa

• Stayed March 2014
Fargo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I don't agree some of the more recent reviews. We had a room on the first floor. It smelled fresh and clean. It was newly painted, the furniture was new and the carpet was new. The king-size bed was comfortable. There was wi-fi, a refrigerator, micro-wave, HD TV with many channels including HBO. The interior hallways have recently been painted and the carpet is clean. Continental breakfast was juice, coffee, toast, milk, English muffins, muffins, rolls, two types of cold cereal and oatmeal. Our room may have been a little larger because it appeared to be handicap accessible. For the price, we thought this was a great deal. The people at the front desk were very courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street may be quieter. I didn't hear any highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!