“Great staff and clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10007 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Great staff and clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Came down for the weekend to see family and April really went out of the way to tell me about the Hardrock casino and abouth other places to go in the area. The lobby was amazing with the Christmas decorations. Class act place

• Stayed December 2012
Eric S, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Next time your in town, you might want to check out the Florida State Fair Grounds, Ybor City, or the Brandon Town Mall. We offer shuttle service to these places.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel November the 18th coming from the east coast of Florida, I had to lay my father to rest, he was a stroke victim, the hotel appeared to be beautiful like a Spanish villa look. The hotel management seemed nice at first sympathized with me about the loss of my father. the l room was beautiful and unique to me. but later certain staff was rude and very obnoxious. I took all my bedding off the bed for my stay-over to be thoroughly cleaned and the manager told me that "why did I do that?" they only change the sheets once a week, I couldn't believe that I had to complain and get things straight with this manager and here I was at this hotel for a stay, trying to help my family put my father to rest among other things the hotel manager was RUDE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eric S, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Good afternoon Valerie,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am sorry that i was not able to speak with you directly. I was surprised to hear that you had that type of service while you were here. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention, so this does not happen in the future.

Eric
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay with my staff at this hotel and found it to be very clean with a professional staff. The hotel bar is questionable and the staff there is... odd. But, the rooms were cleaned well and the value was exceptional. This is a great location and you will get your monies worth. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon Ryan,

Thanks for writing about our hotel. I am not sure what happened with the bar, but the bar is not operated by the hotel, If you had any issues please contact BJ, who is the owner of the bar. I am glad your overall stay was well and you had a comfortable stay with us. Next time your in town you should check out the Hardrock casino, we will provide free shuttle to the Hardrock.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is newly renovated inside and out, the staff is amazing they are very knowledgeable about the hotel and surrounding areas. Our room smelt great, we had more than enough space for my wife and I. We had a Townhouse Suite that over looked the pool and commons area . I was very worried that my wife wouldn't like the hotel due to it having some bad reviews online. To my surprise my wife didn't have a single bad thing to say about the hotel. We usually stay around downtown Tampa while we are in town, however this is going to be our go to hotel every time we are in town. It is different than the hotels we are used to, its only two floors and has a relaxed Spanish feel to it. Not the hussle and bussle of the other hotels when they just want you to pay them and leave. They will actually talk and joke with you like a human instead of a dollar sign. Its close to everything but it is so peaceful and quite. We went for a walk around and saw that they have security driving around to ensure everyone safety, even though they don't need the security and we felt safe the whole time we were there it is a good precaution to know they have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your response about our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at MainStay last weekend for the KISS/ Motley Crue concert. We came in early and stayed both Friday and Saturday night. I read the TripAdvisor reviews and some said it was run down, but with the amount of space it offered I figured we would give it a try anyway.

We checked in and the girl at the front desk was very sweet. We paid for a room with a balcony and for some reason she gave us a room without one. (Something probably was trying to warn us not to get a balcony right there LOL). We went back and let her know and she instantly gave us the correct room and even made sure it was right across the hallway so we wouldn't have to move our stuff far. We walked in the room and just LOVED the place.

The furniture wasn't brand new, but it was comfortable and served it's purpose. There were nicks here and there, but nothing was dirty. The refrigerator was a small one although I seemed to remember the photos having a full size fridge. I loved having the 1 1/2 bath so we didn't have to go downstairs at night when we needed to use the restroom. It was nice to have a kitchen, living room and a bedroom upstairs. NOTE: If you have kids the bedroom upstairs is only a loft so there is no privacy. You can see upstairs from the couch downstairs. This worked for us since there was only 2 of us.

The only real complaint we had is when we went out on the balcony very late the first night we got locked out. We were stuck out there for over an hour. My husband had to climb down the balcony to get help and they didn't have keys for the balcony door. Our front door was bolt locked so they couldn't get in that way either. They finally had to break the bolt lock after throwing us up many different sets of keys to try and several calls to the manager. The door knob to the balcony turns on one side, but is locked on the other side so you wouldn't know it was locked when you walk out the door. Although they did help us, I would have figured they would have been more apologetic to customers that were locked out of their room by a door handle that would easily lock someone out and them not having keys for us to go back in.

Other than that it was a nice room with extremely nice staff. We would go there again, but we will make sure we unlock the window on the balcony in case we got stuck out there again. LOL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric S, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your response, and I wanted to thank you for bringing the balcony lock to our attention, we are working on making some changing to make sure that will not happen to anyone in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed in room 106 with a king bed.Although the room was somewhat dated, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, no bugs, everything worked and the staff was friendly. There was a nice little courtyard with a fountain and a pool. The area is an office park that seemed very well kept and the hotel had a nice pond next to it. Great location close to amphitheater,fairgrounds & casino. I'd call it a good deal for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The room I stayed in was full of mold in bathroom and even smelled of mold. The air didn't work right. The bathroom was not the cleanest. The towels had holes in them. I spoke to housekeeping and they said its the owners fault cause they let him(JP the owner)know everything that's wrong and he won't fix it. I even tried to talk to the owner when i left the following day and all i got is that he was busy.Housekeeping told me there is mold in other rooms too and they get told to cover it with bleach.... Thats not healthy at all. Housekeeping girls were very friendly and I know it's not there fault. I will not be staying there again! Worst hotel I ever stayed in!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!