We stayed at MainStay last weekend for the KISS/ Motley Crue concert. We came in early and stayed both Friday and Saturday night. I read the TripAdvisor reviews and some said it was run down, but with the amount of space it offered I figured we would give it a try anyway.
We checked in and the girl at the front desk was very sweet. We paid for a room with a balcony and for some reason she gave us a room without one. (Something probably was trying to warn us not to get a balcony right there LOL). We went back and let her know and she instantly gave us the correct room and even made sure it was right across the hallway so we wouldn't have to move our stuff far. We walked in the room and just LOVED the place.
The furniture wasn't brand new, but it was comfortable and served it's purpose. There were nicks here and there, but nothing was dirty. The refrigerator was a small one although I seemed to remember the photos having a full size fridge. I loved having the 1 1/2 bath so we didn't have to go downstairs at night when we needed to use the restroom. It was nice to have a kitchen, living room and a bedroom upstairs. NOTE: If you have kids the bedroom upstairs is only a loft so there is no privacy. You can see upstairs from the couch downstairs. This worked for us since there was only 2 of us.
The only real complaint we had is when we went out on the balcony very late the first night we got locked out. We were stuck out there for over an hour. My husband had to climb down the balcony to get help and they didn't have keys for the balcony door. Our front door was bolt locked so they couldn't get in that way either. They finally had to break the bolt lock after throwing us up many different sets of keys to try and several calls to the manager. The door knob to the balcony turns on one side, but is locked on the other side so you wouldn't know it was locked when you walk out the door. Although they did help us, I would have figured they would have been more apologetic to customers that were locked out of their room by a door handle that would easily lock someone out and them not having keys for us to go back in.
Other than that it was a nice room with extremely nice staff. We would go there again, but we will make sure we unlock the window on the balcony in case we got stuck out there again. LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique property situated in a quiet scenic location, the Hotel has 59 rooms including 32 Townhouse Suites. We are easily accessible from I-75 and I-4 and we are located just 15 minutes from Downtown Tampa. The Hotel has an Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Free Wireless Internet Access and Complimentary Breakfast. Our Townhouse Suites are bi-level lofts with a king bed upstairs, 1.5 bathrooms and 2 TVs. Our facilities offer over 2000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting room space that can accommodate Business Meetings and Leisure Parties including Wedding Groups. 100 Percent Smoke Free. We are proud partners of the Hard Rock Casino, Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm, Tampa Bay Forum, and the Florida state fairgrounds. We now offer shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Tampa Sabal Park
- Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park Hotel Tampa
- Baymont Inn Tampa Hotel
- Tampa Amerisuites