“"A great friendly, clean and safe place to stay"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10007 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Palm Coast
“"A great friendly, clean and safe place to stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The friendliest people I have ever met in the Hotel business. We even had our batteries go dead in our camera and they gave us new duracell batteries. They would not let us pay for them. The price was reasonable. Very clean, in the dining area and our room. I travel quite alot visiting family all over the Northwest, I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who wants a friendly, safe and clean place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

THIS WAS A SURPRISE WHEN WE FOUND IT..you can not see it from entrance road or highway even thou it's so close. The manager at the desk could not have been more helpful'it was obivious he takes pride in the property. From the moment you enter it is so clean and the hotel itself is so pretty with the Southwest.Decore. Bed was comfort beyond. Breakfast was complete included..Compared to many propertys in area you can't go wrong. So many of your 'VALUE" property's have no fridge,coffee maker,irons,hair-dryers and this hotel smells so clean & fresh..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here for two weeks in July with my husband and 2 kids. We stayed in one of the townhouse suites, which was amazing. It's a 2 story townhouse with plenty of room for my family. It was much nicer than being cramped into your typical room at a cookie cutter hotel.

Clean rooms, courteous staff, great breakfast and close to many of the tourist attractions.

I would highly recommend this place, especially if you travelling with family. Will definitely be back during our next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was looking for hotels in the area as I was recently in a car accident and could not drive long distances. I looked around for a nice, cozy, affordable hotel that I could stay at for about 4 days and rest. All the reviews looked fantastic...all, but one; however, clearly this lady/man had personal issues with one of the employees in their review. A bit hesitant due to the review, I decided to go check out the place for myself and I must say that I am glad I trusted my instinct.

The cozy spot was lovely! I stayed for four days and the housekeeping ladies were so nice including the front desk clerk, Melissa. Breakfast was served every morning so I did not have to run through the hassle of finding someone to deliver breakfast. Also, I met JP who is one of the nicest people around. I told him about the accident and he referred me to a few local mechanics, which was the biggest help. I never felt more at home and safe. More importantly the rustic, get away look of the hotel was adoring. I will definitely stay here again. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The hotel itself was decent enough, and close enough to the attractions and friends we were there to see. The location in an office park was a quiet and safe area. I have to agree with the person who talked about needing better security though. Despite a sign on the 2nd floor indicating that the door was locked at ALL TIMES with a slot for your room key, the door was open the entire three days we were there.

The lobby was very dark, and the breakfast area, though beautiful, was empty and not welcoming since all the lights were off. Breakfast was a joke, and we quickly decided to eat our breakfast bars and fruit we kept in the room fridge.

The room was clean, and everything was in working order. It was nice having a TV upstairs and down in our loft style room. The biggest issue was that we had to absolutely freeze the lower level by leaving the A/C on constantly (even when we left all day) just to cool off the up upstairs enough to be able to sleep comfortably. For a person who is always cold, it has to be pretty warm for me to have trouble sleeping. The first night I actually had to go downstairs and sleep on the couch it was so hot up there. While the layout of the room was neat having the two floors, I'd probably skip staying here again during hot weather unless they installed a ceiling fan upstairs to circulate the air better.

Room Tip: After you book a hotel, call the actual hotel with any questions or concerns, or to confirm any pers...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

It will be difficult to find a more accommodating and friendly staff. Pleasing their guests is clearly "Job 1" for them!
Rooms are spacious well equipped and reasonably priced
Grounds are lovely.
Canine companions are welcome (with an additional charge)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

Great place for a getaway stayed here on a couple of occasions.Always clean,comfortable,and friendly. Make sure to have breakfast it's excellent.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!