“A great choice!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Augusta, Georgia
“A great choice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Our room was very clean and modern. It did not smell at all and the AC worked great. We were on the 3rd floor in the back, and it was very quiet and private. The staff members we came across were friendly and helpful. There is a variety of restaurants within a minute's drive or walk. We had a great time in Tampa, and everyday we were able to come back to a refreshing and relaxing room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

My partner and I have done a few road trips in the states and stayed in many different hotels, travelodges, motels and even hostels thanks to Tripadvisors reviews and this has proved very successful..... until this hotel with was rated Top Budget hotel in the area. We do tend to travel on budget so we are use to places that are rough round the edges however, this was by far the 2nd worse place I have stayed. Service was friendly and we were given our key to the first room. This room was on the ground floor facing the road but this was not the issue. The smell of damp was over whelming and the bathroom not cleaned. We went back to reception and again service was polite and gave us a key to a room on the other side of the hotel... this room again had that same damp smell along with cigarette holes and what looked like a nibbled bed cover. The white stains on the chair were also a little concerning but as I don’t like to complain (honestly) we decided to make do as it was only two nights. Turned the light on to a flashing light and alarm noise.... phoned reception (as the lifts and stair well smelt of urine I didn’t fancy lugging my bags about any more) they receptionist told us that there was a known problem but no maintenance workers around for a few days. She asked us to come back down and collect a few keys and to pick a room. We now began to notice that the damp smell was a common theme in all rooms. I cannot remember the order of the rooms but we looked at another 3 before giving up and making do. The rooms air conditioning is very noisy (didn’t work in 2 out of the 3 rooms) there was mould on the curtains and holes in bed sheets.... this is not an exaggeration and would advise anyone to pay that tiny bit more for hygiene reasons and stay elsewhere.
Location is good but there is a lot to choose from in the area and would advise to avoid.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

This was by first stay at a Red Roof Inn, i was surprised that i was allowed to check in very early, the front desk staff were kind and professional, my reservation was in order. The room was very clean, and cool, in a perfect location for shopping ( a walk away from stores and resturants, including: bob evans, mcdonalds, hooters) yet i was a very quiet location.....I would highly recommend this Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010 via mobile

The lady at the desk in the office was rude. The other staff were unfriendly. All the rooms smell of mold which can't be healthy to breathe in all night. This was a low price at $49 bucks but the dingy sheets, awful smell and shady staff took away from my brandon red roof experience.

• Stayed July 2010
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

It has been my pleasure, for the past 10 years, to have found a motel that the staff and management has tried there very best to make my stay a a great experence.
I have stayed at this motel at least one night a week for the past 10+ years. As I am on an expense account I have the option of many Inn's in the area.
The property and room's are clean. there are resturants (fast and set down ) within walking and short drives. To bad I am retireing I will miss this place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Gibsonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Its was nice to get away from home for the night, I live close so it wasnt far to go and I knew where everything was

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
mikeh7577
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

well if i had one thing to say it would be that the people here are really nice and they keep the place really clean the pool is very nice and for the two weeks i have been here there is not a bad thing to say

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!