“Needs some TLC” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Seffner, FL
“Needs some TLC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were having some work done on our house and needed a place to stay overnight. This hotel is just minutes from our house and pet friendly, which we appreciate. The desk clerk was very welcoming and accommodating. Our dog hates elevators and stairs so a ground floor was appreciated. The room was very large with a fridge and microwave, a large desk for a laptop and to double as a dining table. The air conditioning was working overtime, The room was freezing and the temp hard to regulate. The floor had not been vacuumed and the bathroom was dirty. There were stains in the tub that looked like rust or could have been blood...loose dirt in the corners..the bulb in the overhead light was so dim you could hardly see anything in the room. Most of the lamps in the room had bulbs of such low wattage that we had to turn every light in the place on just to be able to read. The sink was clean but the wall behind the sink was spotted with toothpaste splatters that could have easily been cleaned by housekeeping if they had wanted to. The bedspread had some nasty looking stains that were not evident until the spread was turned down...hesitate to guess what they were. This hotel is a nice property close to the interstate and close to several nice restaurants but it needs some serious TLC.The bathtub needs some repair or replacement. Most of my complaints resulted from sloppy housekeeping and are easily taken care of. I, would, with some reservation recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rri173, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Red Roof Inn. I do apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. I will review these comments with the staff to see what we could have done better. Again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

i was very fortunate to have discovered this hotel years ago. the hotels resent upgrade has made my stays even more pleasant.diana the hotel asst.manager has always gone to great lenghts to assist my every needs during my stays.she asks how my stay is everytime i see her and if there is anything she can do to make my stay better .the hotel is very lucky to have her on the staff. the new owners are very friendly and kindly will assist to your needs. the hotel is clean ,quiet and located close to down town tampa and surounding areas !! the price is GREAT !! i highly suguest anyone to stay here ! you will come back time after time to this little quiet ,clean jewel of a hotel .

Room Tip: " call hotel directly "tell them you request diana and desk clerks are great !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Michael,

I would like to thank you for your 5 out of 5 review. We appreciate your comments. I will share your experience with the Staff.
Hope to see you soon.

Thank you again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years and have been treated with the most Courteous and Professional behavior from the staff.To include rapid service when arriving without notice due to my work schedule.The rooms need updating but all in all have never had a bad experience at this hotel and the rates have been in line with other hotels in the area.If ever there has been a problem with anything at this hotel the staff has been capable and willing to do whatever is nessasarry to resolve the problem to my satisfaction . I would like to continue to stay at this hotel in the future and enjoy the repoir with the staff that I now enjoy.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good choice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rick,

I would like to thank you for your comments in this review. 5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff. See you next week.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Excellent. We were there last week and the stay was great. Rob and Diana were very nice and helpful with everything, We will come again because of them. We do a lot of other things and the location fits very well. Again keep Rob and Diana. James Chastain (Sonny)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear James,

Thank you for your great review on tripadvisor. We appreciate you took the time to leave a 5 out of 5 riview. We will see you next year.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

this is a great hotel & well priced in the Tampa area. The staff was great. the housekeeping was excellent & so nice. the GM helped me get tickets for the spring training game. The wifi is truly high speed. The staff truly goes over call of duty for there guest.
I am sold with the Red Roof Inn brand after staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alex,

I would like to thank you for your comments in this review. I am very pleased you enyoed your stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff. Hope to see you soon.
Newark, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went and bought a bathroom magic erased to clean the nasty dirty looking bathroom. The sponge turned black each of the three times I scrubbed the floor. Walls were nasty and around the toilet. Carpet looks like it needs a GOOD cleaning too along with the walls and doors. Some one needs to pay attention to the cleaning crew or lack of actual cleaning...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, I will share these comments with the staff.
Please contact me per E-mail.: dholder173@yahoo.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The Red Roof Inn was well below the quality that I've seen with other Red Roof Inns up north. The room was outdated, but did have a working flat screen TV. No coffee maker, not even a continental breakfast. The clerk was friendly and courteous, but overall, it wasn't worth the price of the stay.

Stayed March 2013
Dear Bikeman,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. Comments from our guest are always welcome. Please feel free to contact me per E-mail.: dholder173@yahoo.com .

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!