Let me start by saying that effective April 1st, 2015 this will be a Holiday Inn Franchise. Stayed 3 nights March 23-26, 2015 while on business trip in Tampa. This hotel is in an excellent location if you are visiting Busch Gardens-Tampa. Plenty of restaurants surround it including a Village Inn and McAllister Deli at walking distance. Winn Dixie Supermarket, Long Horn Steakhouse and Burger shops closeby. Busch Gardens is not located in a very safe area. It is a run down part of Tampa that the City - for unknown reasons - does not maintain well. As a South Florida resident, I have visited Busch Gardens many many times in my lifetime and the area just gets worse. Just keep your guard up at all times.
This hotel is undergoing remodeling to meet Holiday Inn standards. We were assigned room 344 on the third floor. Brand new everything CLEAN. King bed, desk, dresser, 32" flatscreen - very comfortable. Nice size bathroom and vanity area. Has a sitting room when you enter with a sleeper sofa, a second 32" flat screen, fridge, micro, ironing, in-room coffee and TWO closets! Very comfortable suite. Hotel has a pool and free breakfast which meets the minimum standard. One elevator on the entire property and it is located at the very end of the building making it inconvenient for most rooms. Free WiFi at a good speed. Lobby also has two PC's and a printer - complimentary. Vending Machines throughout.
Front desk is great! Especially Ms. Tara. What an asset to this hotel! The entire staff is friendly and willing to help with anything! I recommend this modest hotel for your Tampa Stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are currently under renovation at the Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens-USF is the perfect hotel with a prime location when traveling to Tampa! Conveniently located within 1 mile of Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, MOSI, University Community Hospital and James A. Haley Veterans Hospital. Offering two-room suites, a beautifully landscaped courtyard area, outdoor pool, on-site restaurant and Tiki Bar, we've got what you are looking for all in one place. Our two room suites have lifestyle amenities including FREE WIFI, separate living room area, microwave, fridge, sleeper sofa, activity table with chairs and your choice of one King Bed or Two Double Beds. The Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is only 15 miles from Tampa International Airport and 8 miles from beautiful, historic downtown Tampa! Relax and let us drive you to your destination - offering complimentary shuttle transportation to area attractions within a two mile radius. Additionally we also offer a complimentary business center, complimentary fitness center and 2,250 square feet of banquet and meeting space. Our complimentary WIFI is offered throughout the property to help keep you connected when away from home! Enjoy breakfast in our Courtyard Cafe. Relax in pool-side or in our beautifully landscaped courtyard area. The Grand Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is not just another hotel - we are your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Near Busch Gardens - Usf Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn And Suites Near Busch Gardens - Usf