“Clean and nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Clean and nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm never disappointed when I come here.. friendly staff, nice place and for the price can't be beat... even while they fix up the room to better service you staff is still helpful. .. Thank you,, you guys and ladies are the best. ..

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay. We are very pleased to know you enjoy our hotel each and every time you stay with us. We are also pleased to know our renovation project has not inconvenienced you in any way. Please stay tuned for the exciting changes yet to come. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, I hate to give this property a bad review based on the personality of the front desk staff. So friendly!!! I purchased this property on Priceline and paid (with taxes) $78. I was taking my son to USF for orientation. I called the property immediately to ask about rooms having inside corridors, because I would be staying there alone. I was told on the phone that they DID have inside corridors.
I got to the hotel in the early evening. I was only about one mile from campus, which was awesome. I immediately noticed tons of renovations. No big deal. When I checked in, the front desk staff was awesome!!! However, the smell of the lobby was overwhelming!!! It was not a bad smell, but super perfumey that burned your nose. I checked in, and asked again about inside corridors, and was again told, that they have them. I walked up to my room on the third floor, and the rooms are outside. To me, inside corridors means that you enter the rooms from the inside of the hotel. NOT!! I found my room and immediately noticed a huge window and the door to my room was GLASS!!! The door was made of about 16 panes of glass. It was hard to open and sticky. I went in and while the room is spacious (den with pull out sofa), it is older and had the same smell as the lobby!!! It was clean, and had been renovated, but it was putting lipstick on a pig. I don't think I would have minded the room as much if I had not been a female traveling alone. Again, the door was glass that opened up the outside!!!

All in all, I made it through the night. This may be an okay accommodation for a family, but I would never recommend staying there alone. Again, it is not in the best part of town, and I knew that going in, but solid doors would make you feel safer there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to post candid feed back about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, the feeling of safety and security is not something that can be delivered to your door. It seems that you were uncomfortable from the beginning; for that, I do apologize.

I would like to clarify a couple of items you mentioned in your comments for the benefit of future guests who might read this. First, the room you stayed in has not been renovated. I say this honestly because none of our room renovations have been completed so none of our guests have stayed in a newly renovated room. Any guest who stays in one our renovated rooms will certainly know they have stayed in a brand new room. Secondly, our guest room doors do open into the outdoor courtyard area which is accessible only from the lobby or a secured entrance. As part of our renovations, the glass doors of the guest rooms will be replaced with solid doors. Our guests have asked for this change and we have listened.

Our renovation plans are very extensive. When we are finished our guests will feel like they have stayed in a brand new hotel. We are very excited about the changes going on here and we wish you could share our excitement. If there is any possible way we can entice you into giving us a second chance in the future, I invite you contact me directly. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak to the director of operations. Again, we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience.
Lighthouse Point, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

first of all, all the reviews on how friendly the staff is here were Spot On. from the front desk staff, to the maintenance guys to the bartender, Alyce, at the tiki bar. everyone was so friendly and nice. the room was a great size and the A.C. got very cold, which was so nice since it was 96' outside. we ate at the Village Inn next door twice. and we toured the brewery right across the street! we spent both nights at the tiki bar by the pool and ONLY complaint would be that they should be open more than 4 hours!!! great value, great location . .. we will be back.

Room Tip: maintenance is going on in the front right now . . . the back was perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We very pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our staff does an outstanding job demonstrating hospitality excellence. We are definitely glad you feel the same way. Please stay tuned to hear about all the exciting changes taking place. We hope to see you again very soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I put up a friend, who was having surgery through Moffitt there in May. I do that for friends often because of the lush gardens throughout the peaceful setting, friendly staff, cozy well equipped suites with door separating bedroom from living area. The views are lovely, the pool & other amenities well kept & managed.Several breakfasts are offered for a nominal price along with a varied free continental breakfast if you prefer. The dining area is set up like a little dinning room.
There are restaurants galore in the area & of course Busch Gardens is so close it's visible from just down the street.
This is like a quiet sanctuary where you'd least expect it & I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I cannot say enough how this hotel of suites is the perfect sanctuary for any traveler. It's pea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to know our staff and accomodations were well suited for your needs. We pride ourselves in taking the extra step to ensure a great experience to our guests. We are equally pleased when our efforts do not go unnoticed and you, our valued guest has taken the time to share your experience. Our most sincere thanks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is my 2nd time coming here. Hotel is under some renovation but that's ok everything was still great like last time. Room was very. Clean and Linda at front desk was very helpful on giving directions. We plan to stay here again in the future!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear your accomodations were clean and comfortable; just as expected, and that Linda was helpful and friendly. We appreciate your mention of our renovations as we are doing our best not to hinder the comfort of our guests. We are very excited about the changes happening at our hotel and hope you will visit again soon. All the wonderful changes are for you, our valued guest. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a excellent choice if you are looking for a nice, well priced, convienient location for a trip to Busch Gardens, or are looking for a good location for proximity to the Haley VA Hospital/Moffitt Cancer Center. I've stayed here multiple times, and, unfailingly, the staff has been pleasant, helpful, and genuinely welcoming. They offer a dfiscounted rate for patients/family of both Moffitt and the VA Hospital, which in my case, is so appreciated! This property has a very nice, well maintained pool area, rooms with micro/fridges, a nice breakfast with coffee teas,, juices, yogurt, bagels, toast, cereals, fresh fruit included. You are within easy walking distance of restaurants and a Wawa station that is open 24/7. Definitely a good choice for this area, I've always been pleased!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us. We are glad that we have met your expectations each and every time you have visited with us. As you could see, we are going through some awesome changes and we are so excited. We hope you will stay with us again in the very near future so you can see all the wonderful improvements we have made. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is disgusting. Looks nice on the outside. Smells like old people a day the lady at the front desk had some bowel disorder and was making me sick. I guess it used to be a holiday inn. It was probably really nice in the late 80s and 90s. Woke up in the morning with either a huge bed bug or a roach in bed with me and when I got in room there was a dead spider on the bed. Hotwire.com is horrible. Tell you your going to get a hyatt or holiday Inn and I get this disgusting place.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for the delightful comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you don't know the difference between a roach and a bed bug. We are equally pleased to hear your wonderful comment about our staff. It seems that you aren't well travelled and lack experience in dealing with people and booking channels. I am sorry for that. However, I appreciate your candor and taking time to share your experience.

Been to Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF? Share your experiences!