“Very plesent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Naples, Florida
“Very plesent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is my second stay at this facility, the last one was in July. First time it was a holiday inn express suites .The name has changed To Grand suites. My first time it was terrific room was very clean and comfortable . This go around it was a little different the room was still nice and comfortable . However they are in need of updating. The room was very spacious , king suite , only thing I did not like it was on the front of the building and parking lot which gets a little noisy, The bathroom was really small and my room was right across from the ice machine and soda machine which did not work. The walk ways need to be cleaned ,and the breakfast wasnt anything to talk about. Just bagels and cereal But there is a Village inn next door with good breakfast. Last bad thing was we came from Busch gardens Hallowscream and no parking was available but we were allowed to park at the restaurant next door.
Overall I would stay again as long as they keep the standards up with the new owners the park is close and there is a shuttle to b.g.but you have to make a reservation for it.
If you stay try to get a room in the back, away from the parking lot and you will enjoy this hotel. Also lots of tv channels and hbo and internet service . Overall very pleasent stay .

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear of the hotel away from the front to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnTampa, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share feed back about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and are very appreciative that you have shared your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

So I was not impressed with this hotel at all. Other than the staff, I will not be staying there again. Went with Family to Howl Screem, and once we returned from the park there was not one parking spot free. I went in side and spoke with the young lady at the front desk and she informed me that we can park at the place next store. I drove to the Village Inn and their parking lot was also full, upon my return to the hotel on of the employees gave up his parking spot. got in the room and the sheet were dirty, and the phone in the room didn't work. I had to walk all the to the front desk to get new clean sheets. The staff was nice but not much else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share feed back about your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed that you were less than satisfied with your accommodations. However, we appreciate your candid remarks and will take them to heart in our on-going effort achieve total guest satisfaction.
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here while visiting the park. It is right around the corner. The rooms are good size and extremely quiet considering the location. The staff is excellent. I would use this hotel again when in Tampa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you return to Tampa. We would love to have you again as our guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I liked this hotel the minute we walked in. The desk person was super friendly, our room was adorable and the grounds are well maintained. It was a suite with an actual door to the bedroom, so I could stay up later than my traveling companion and watch TV-I liked that! I stayed there to visit at USF, but it was also very close to Busch Gardens.
The only thing I did not like about the room was with 2 queen beds, the one near the door sits in the doorway, making it a little difficult to get by and into the room. I do wish they had a free breakfast :) I did not use the restaurant and the bar was closed when I was there.
I would stay there the next time I need to go to that area of Tampa

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share feed back about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Grand Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens - USF? Share your experiences!