I'll admit....I was a little shaky about checking in here. The reviews were "ALL over the place..". I'd look at the pictures...look at the reviews...call the hotel ask questions....blah..blah..blah.
I'm almost 70....so I don't need any bull.
Well I thought..I have a good rate...it is a suite...I can always check out the next day. So I confirmed my reservations and arrived about 7pm on the 5th of July. (I originally had booked the room for 4 weeks. But confirmed for 2 days only.) ( yea the reviews got to me...I said I was almost 70 )
GUESS WHAT ? During my first 2 days here I could find nothing wrong. So I extended...then I extended again...and again. Ok...2 nights ago the locust were making such a racket it reminded me of being home in farm country.I even opened my window. Then there was the rain that got the sidewalks wet. When the sun comes up it makes it hotter than heck when you walk outside. Once the housekeeping ask me if I " needed my room cleaned ? " I said "no"...she "wanted to clean it"..I said "no" again.
This is not a 5 Star Hotel. But is one of the best 3.5 Star Hotels I've ever been in.
If we could rate the exterior...the pool area....the patios separate from the rooms....they get a 5 STAR. If you could rate the Staff separate from the rooms...they get a 5 STAR. If you could rate the bus service to Busch Gardens ...that for sure is a 5 STAR.
I would recommend this place to any group...any individual.....to my family...( I have )...YOUNG...OLD...in between.
TO THE STAFF HERE: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Near Busch Gardens - Usf
- Holiday Inn & Suites Near Busch Gardens - Usf Hotel
- Holiday Inn & Suites Near Busch Gardens - Usf Hotel Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is the perfect hotel with a prime location when traveling to Tampa! Conveniently located within 1 mile of Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, MOSI, University Community Hospital and James A. Haley Veterans Hospital. Offering two-room suites, a beautifully landscaped courtyard area, outdoor pool, on-site restaurant and Tiki Bar, we’ve got what you are looking for all in one place. Our two room suites have lifestyle amenities including FREE WIFI, separate living room area, microwave, fridge, sleeper sofa, activity table with chairs and your choice of one King Bed or Two Double Beds. The Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is only 15 miles from Tampa International Airport and 8 miles from beautiful, historic downtown Tampa! Relax and let us drive you to your destination – offering complimentary shuttle transportation to area attractions within a two mile radius. Additionally we also offer a complimentary business center, complimentary fitness center and 2,250 square feet of banquet and meeting space. Our complimentary WIFI is offered throughout the property to help keep you connected when away from home! Enjoy breakfast or dinner in our Courtyard Cafe. Stop by our Tiki Bar to enjoy a cocktail while relaxing in our beautifully landscaped courtyard area. The Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is not just another hotel – we are your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens - USF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.