“Beautiful Zoo” 4 of 5 stars

Visit Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo like an insider
Special Offer
$55*
and up
Tampa Trio Pass: Florida Aquarium, Tampa's Lowry...
Ranked #11 of 207 things to do in Tampa
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognized as the #1 Zoo in the U.S. by Parents magazine (2009) and Child magazine (2004), Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo features more than 1,000 amazing animals on nearly 60 acres of natural habitats. Guests will find many interactive exhibits and opportunities to get closer to wildlife -- feed a giraffe, hold a lorikeet, touch a stingray and more. The Zoo's Manatee and Aquatic Center expands the traditional boundaries of a zoo, focusing efforts on critical care for injured, sick and orphaned wild manatees. Also at the zoo: splash ground water play areas, wild rides, educational shows and restaurants. Zoo daytime admission prices are: adults - $27.95; seniors (60+) - $25.95; children (ages 3-11) - $20.95; and children 2 and under are free. Daytime admission includes unlimited amusement rides. Parking is free.
Orlando, Florida
33 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a great experience at Lowry Park Zoo - spent the whole day there from opening to about a half hour before close. It was a beautiful day, the animals were all active and easy to see, and we had wonderful interactions with the friendly staff. Our lunch at Garden Grille was tasty and affordable (got the veggie burger and flatbread pizza) and we picked up snacks (e.g. ice cream) at the Sweet Shoppe. We especially loved the birds / aviary exhibit, Primate World, and Florida Wildlife Center (all of the other areas were wonderful as well - these were just our favorites!). Parking was free and that was a great perk! Would not hesitate to go back!

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
37 attraction reviews
“Great family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband is not a real zoo fan, but even he had fun. We have a wonderful zoo at home but I enjoyed seeing different types of animals at this zoo and they layout made it easy to manuever. A visit to the manatee hospital was a must. The person we talked to was pleasant and very informative. He answered all of our questions and it was obvious that he loved the animals that he was caring for. This was a wonderful visit

Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
“felts like Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very well set up and decorated for Christmas. Great place to bring the kids and have fun for the holiday season.

Tampa
5 attraction reviews
“BEST LITTLE ZOO IN FLORIDA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

There is nothing to dislike about Lowry Park Zoo! When I relocated to Tampa from Santa Cruz Ca in 2004......was I in for a wonderful surprise?????? Lowry Park Zoo is smack dab in a residential neighborhood loaded with wonderful surprises! I have visited some of the most awesome zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, etc in the US and abroad and I have to tell ya.....this zoo has captured my heart. I can't believe how this zoo was created and maintained.......I am just in awe!!!! I always take my visitors there as I am so proud to introduce new fans to the Best Little Zoo in the World!

Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Nice Zoo - Great experience for smaller children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Visited here recently and enjoyed our time in the zoo. They had some nice exhibits. Ensure you do the Lorikeet feeding.... lots of fun

I felt the prices were what should be expected in a zoo and the animals seemed in good health and well cared for.

Definitely more of a zoo for smaller kids. While our teenagers enjoyed the time, I definitely see where younger kids would get a bigger kick out of the zoo.