“Great Family Zoo” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Zoos
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This popular zoo also has a facility to care for injured manatees, an endangered species.
Vestal, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Great Family Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great zoo period. We are not huge museum people. We find living creatures more interesting. We go to the Clearwater Beach are yearly and we always make the (30min or less) trip to the Lowry Park Zoo. Great animal displays from Elephants (there were babies last time we went (Feb 13), Crocodiles, manatee, all sorts of Primate (the orangutan are our fav, always putting on an acrobatics show). You can even feed the Giraffes!(There were baby giraffe as well!) This isn't even the best part. There is a section with rides for the kids (extra charge, 3 kids and I've never spent over $20 on rides). I couldn't get my 6yo off of the Tiger Coaster. There are bumper boats, animal petting and a "banana plane". If you are vacationing in the are go early in your trip because you may want to go back.

Visited February 2013

Tampa, FL
15 attraction reviews
“decent zoo but not for kids in strollers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a pass here when the kids were very little because the parking is free and it was inexpensive but... There are so many railings & bushes in front of the animals I had to take them out of the stroller for almost every exhibit. Plus there is 1 huge hill I can think of that is very hard to push a heavy stroller up & down (on the way to "Africa").

There are some small water park areas so bring swimsuits & towels for the kids.

There is a nice variety of animals though.

Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Family day in Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent family attraction while in Tampa. Rated as top zoo in USA for families. Great animals and things to do for kids 12 and under.

Visited December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My son and I had a blast. There are a lot of animals to see and many fun rides. We enjoyed the safari ride in the Africa section. My son loved the log ride! We really enjoyed our day. We are from Ft. Launderdale and our Zoo Miami membership got us a 50% discount!

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Not Just for Children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a place not to miss for children and adults. For children a treat and for adults awesome experience as the size of the Zoo is small compared to others in the USA and houses a fabulous Manatee exhibit. I gave my husband a Surprise Birthday Party at the Zoo and adopted an orangutan for one year and gave it to my husband. I had a fabulous brunch served in one of the dining rooms with Chanpagne and the party was a huge success with the old and the young.
The Director of the Zoo met with us and treated us like VIP's The Staff were amazing and the animals were hiliarias especiall the monkey family... Jean V

Visited March 2013

Been to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.