The room was spacious.
Beds were fairly comfortable.
There were a microwave and a fridge in room.
There was no bedding for the sofabed except for a nasty blanket that had either chocolate or something else on it, if you get my drift. We turned that in to the front desk and got another blanket with a red stain; finally got a decent blanket on the third try. Icky.
The laundry room had two washers and two dryers, but one dryer was out of order; with several soccer teams onsite, doing laundry was slow going!
The elevator broke down and was beeping loudly and constantly for quite a while; you could hear it throughout the hotel, even in our room at the end of the hall.
Last but not least, my pet peeve: the "hot tub" was barely lukewarm. After a long day of travel I was so looking forward to a soak; desk clerk "reset" it and told me to come back later. I did; no change. Tried again the next day, same thing. The desk clerk told me it was working. I told her the reason I had booked this hotel over another was to relax in the hot tub. I am an experienced traveler and I think I know what a hotel hot tub should feel like, and this was not it. I went down later, and there were several kids in the hot tub with the bubbles on. I put my hand in and the temperature was the same, still lukewarm. But the kids didn't seem to mind! The front desk clerk insisted it was working; I disagreed and asked to have a manager call me. The manager later called me in our room, and I told her it most certainly was not working. She was very kind and respectful and said she'd look into it. Too late for me, as we had an early game and would be checking out.
Overall, it was an average property with some glitches, but the thing that bothered me most was the way I was treated. Don't get me wrong; while obviously exasperated with me and my unreasonable thoughts on hot tubbing, the staff was not overtly disrespectful. But to be treated as if I truly must be unaware of what temperature a hotel hot tub should feel like really annoyed me. I solved the problem; I went down the road to the Country Inn and Suites where the rest of the team was staying. They had a hot tub that was heated, imagine that. So I got to have my R&R in their hot tub! And next time I will pay the extra 14 dollars and stay there.
Several days after I arrived home, I received a letter signed by both the owner and the manager of the hotel. It told me that I was mistaken; the hot tub was working. No one else had ever complained, and there were people in it that evening (yeah, kids who enjoy lukewarm water and bubbles!) so obviously it was working. The staff had checked the gauges and it was set to the proper temperature. They were sorry I didn't have a good stay.
Oh dear, I thought. I have to call and let them know that the letter did NOT help. It would've been better if they hadn't sent it at all, since it just emphasized the fact that I am the lone idiot who doesn't understand hot tubs. I called and spoke with the manager. I said "I'm the one who complained about the hot tub." She said, "Room 300?" I laughed. Apparenty Room Three Hundred was a problem child! I told her that I had received the letter she sent, but she had no knowledge of it. Apparently the owner signed her name to it without telling her. So I just politely read the letter to her, told her that the letter made me feel worse about my experience, and she needed to know that. We politely wrapped it up and said our goodbyes.
Goodbye, Comfort Suites Near Raymond James Stadium.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Near Raymond James Stadium Hotel
- Comfort Suites Near Raymond James Stadium Hotel Tampa
- Comfort Suites Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium is located near Tampa International Airport TPA and Raymond James Stadium. Rates always include a free hot breakfast, outdoor pool, whirlpool, fitness room 24 hour Business Center and Free Aiport Shuttle from 5:15am to Midnight. Located minutes away from Veterans Expressway, Dale Mabry Hwy and I-275. Area Businesses include Home Depot, Fed-Ex, CAE, Kesier University, Cemex, Barry University, Alessi Bakery, Jacobs, and McDean. Area attractions such as Busch Gardens, The Florida Aquarium, Big Cat Rescue, Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa Convention Center, Straz Center, Mosi, Tampa Times Forum, Ybor City and Channelside are all a short drive away. Come and enjoy the Suite life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.