“They know how to take care of you at the Tahitian.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa to your Saves list
Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 South Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33609   |
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“They know how to take care of you at the Tahitian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Made a weary traveler feel right at home. Cool folks, good rate, sweet room, highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
west palm beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I am all for staying at a hotel that is not a big chain. Unfortunately, we checked out early and stayed in a big chain. The value was far better and the stay far more pleasant.
I will give credit where it is due, the pool was very nice. Although it was in the 30s when we were there. We asked for 3 blankets, got 2 and they had holes and tears...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had to change reservations from Intercontinental Tampa to Tahitian in at last minute. We stayed for 4 days to celebrate our anniversary and the internet price was great. While the room was clean, the walls were very thin. We could hear our neighbor talking very clearly, his dog barking all night, and him showering. And was was worst was he had the nerve to call the front desk and say we were playing our music loud at night, and you could barely hear it. We were like, "obviously the walls are thin buddy, we are not complaining about you, why would you complain about us".

On the plus side, the location was optimal, and we could access the interstate, downtown, and the beach easily. The housekeeping staff was very nice as well.

I probably would not recommend this place, because it is a motel, and if you want the luxury experience, this is not the place. Sleep is very important to me and because the walls were thin, I did not get much of it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This hotel came well priced as a package on Expedia.ca. So I took it!

Some things to consider:
1. Not my first choice for romance or honeymoon.
2. Maybe as a single overnight stay for a cruise. Maybe.
3. This is a motel. Renovated, yes. But the shell is a motel.
4. There is no noise insulation from other suites. You can almost hear other conversations, Tvs, etc.
5. Linens were clean
6. No carpet, my king bed room was tiled.
6. Washroom was clean and no mold, granite countertops new.

• Stayed November 2010
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have stayed at the hotel twice for 4 days each time. The rooms were very clean, I took advantage of the spa which was wonderful. The dinning room at night is truly a gem. I had the Ginger, Lime Grouper over sticky rice and I only wish the chef was in Naples, Florida and Banana Spring rolls for desert. I will stay there whenever I am in Tampa.
The customer service is fantastic.
Georgiana

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My daughter and son in law in Michigan and my son and his wife in San Diego planned a cruise that left from Tampa. I did some research for them and found this hotel. They had a complimentary pick-up from the Airport and the next morning, the hotel supplied a drop off at the cruise ship terminal. Upon there arrival at the hotel, I received a text message from my daughter in law thanking me for picking the Tahitian Inn for their stay. Both couples were very happy and said if they return to Tampa, the Tahitian Inn will get there business again.

Jon

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Tequesta, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Checked into the hotel expecting complimentary shuttle service to the port, but we were told that it was for cruise ship passengers only. Need to change their website to reflect this.
We were told that we would receive the internet rate while over the phone, but we were still over charged.

Incredibly loud music plays till midnight, and there is absolutely no sound absortion in these rooms, I believe the sound transfer is in their doors mainly. Constant utility carts up and down the corridors is horrible.
This hotel is a good value if you are in town to party or Raymond James Stadium. Otherwise stay away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
rduring, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
We welcome the comments on your stay, it has assisted us on improving our hotel. The hotel now limits music to weekends only and until 10pm. Our staff members limit the use of carts at 5pm however you may have heard other guests bringing lugguage into their rooms.

Been to Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa? Share your experiences!