“ADORE THIS HOTEL!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“ADORE THIS HOTEL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I took a mini honeymoon at this hotel shortly after we were married. We were not expecting much, since the hotel is so inexpensive, really just wanted a place close to Busch Gardens, with a clean bed.

We were soooo shocked by the great time we had here. This is a little best kept secret type of place. Our room was so large for what we paid, the furniture was so comfortable (I slept like a BABY!!), the bed was huge, the room overlooked the pool. This was just a standard room too, not even a suite!!

The pool was awesome, great size, nice music, very peaceful. We went for a swim at dusk, and it was just so romantic, with little hammocks and tiki torches....just perfect. The on-site restaraunt was great, super yummy food, great portion size, and fairly priced. The staff and servers were all so delightful and helpful. SOooo great.

Finally, the spa. I was NOT expecting to enjoy it much but our experience was just perfection!! The staff was so friendly, the spa is beautiful and so relaxing...I didn't want to leave. I finished my spa time with a pedicure that, to this day, is the best I have ever had. It lasted for 6 weeks before I even got a chip in my french...incredible.

Anytime we go back to Tampa, we will assuredly stay here, so fairly priced and such a delight. Just wonderful. Thanks for an awesome time!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
fort myers fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Can't use the pool cause 1 man band will be playing and you need to reserve a table for $50.00 otherwise you need to leave the tables, incredible, bunch of people from outside come to party at the pool, no very safe to stay, look like motel repainted

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
rduring, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
We welcome the comments on your stay, it has assisted us on improving our hotel. The pool area is now for hotel guests only and seating is first come first serve. There is no charge for tables by the pool.
ocoee, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed one night on our anniversary trip and it was good... not great! The hotel was nice and clean, but basic. The rooms were spacious with nice furniture but the bathroom was very outdated and the bed was hard. Overall the hotel was nice and the price was affordable. It is located on a busy street near many fast food places so if your looking for a quiet getaway this hotel is not ideal.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

The Tahitian Inn surprised me .The Cafe was really good (great food), the pool area is beautiful and the gym really well equipped.
The staff is cordial and very helpful in all departments. Gorge Louis was the most professional and helpful Manager I have ever met and I travel 360 days a year. I would
like to thank him for a wonderful stay on behalf of my organization and colleagues.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We loved everything about it!! We were a bit sceptical about the location of the hotel, since a fast food resturant is adjacent to the hotel parking lot. But, I have to say, it was a pleasent place to stay. The way the hotel is landscaped and located, you very easily forget that you are on a main road, and I never heard any traffic noice. Our room was located very close to the pool and we never heard any noise from the pool The hotel is clean and the staff are some of the friendliness pt that I have ever encountered! There was someone working and caring for the grounds almost all day long. You can tell that they all enjoy what they are doing and the owners take pride in their property. They really went above and beyond to make our stay as pleasent as possible. The food at the Cafe was great, and reasonably priced! The ONLY complaint that I would have is the beds are very hard and uncomfortable, but, besides that...I have not one bad thing to say!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

First i would like to say that as everybody else, i did read the reviews.. and was a bit worried about the " mix " reviews.. so i call them directly and asked questions. reserved my room for one night and i loved everything !! (was there from 05/04/09 to 05/05/09 ) had a king size bed in my room (loved the deco) thanks to Jorge at the front desk i was able to get a room next the the pool...very clean , the bed was a bit hard but didn't spend that much time on it). The pool was great, the bar also.. i was travelling alone, but didn't have time to get bored ! met lots of great people around the pool... and the 2 days went very fast. Loved the room, the cozyness of the hotel, the pool and great people working there. Thank you Jorge and Buddy !! :-) i know where i will be staying my next trip to tampa " C"

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Pay no attention to their website, which makes this place seem like paradise. The Tahitian Inn is more like a painted motel with a spa glued to it rather than an oasis near the beach. Be prepared to drive or cab anywhere exciting. Overall, the friendly staff and cleanliness made the stay enjoyable. Their website promotes Egyptian cotton sheets and large rooms, but don't be fooled. From the website I expected much more, which lowered my overall experience.

Location: Next to a Chick-Fil-A, far from the beach and downtown Tampa
Staff: Very friendly, expect for one girl at night. Since everybody else we encountered in Tampa was rude, we appreciated Tahitian Inn's kindness

It has all the amenities the website promotes- internet, pool, restaurant, tv- but don;t expect them to be glamorous. Good angles and the right vocabulary make a huge difference.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa? Share your experiences!