“Our excellent adventure at Tahitian Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 South Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33609   |
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Our excellent adventure at Tahitian Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We loved our stay at Tahitian Inn. We enjoyed a very spacious suite room, which accommodated myself and my 4 young adults. We loved the private balcony overlooking the pool area. The cafe is lovely and has a charming, sheltered outdoor seating area with a small waterfall and koi pond. We all enjoyed the food, particularly breakfasts. We also ordered dinners to eat in our room. The most important reason we loved this hotel is the staff. They were absolutely amazing. Felix and Veronica went above and beyond our expectations in accommodating our needs. They were so kind and friendly! I doubt you could find a better value for your money in the area. We thank you all for a perfect stay! Bonus, walking distance to Shells Restaurant, excellent seafood!

Room Tip: The suite room 224 and the room just below it are very spacious for families!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked a night at the Tahitian Inn as we were planning to attend a Tampa Bay Lightning game. The location of the hotel was very good and close to the Tampa Times Forum where the game was played. We took a walk down the street and found an Ethiopian Restaurant where we had lunch before we set off for the game and this was just great. The Staff at the Tahitian Inn were very helpful and friendly. We would stay there again when in Tampa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was in the middle of many things we needed/wanted to do in our long weekend in Tampa. We saw that the price was more affordable, so booked it.

First, we asked for some good recommendations about where to eat; but instead of names of restaurants we were given neighborhoods that restaurants existed in (though not a very accurate list). I should have followed up with a request for names, because just circles on the map isn't very effective.

The room was a standard, clean motel room with free parking.

Our biggest problem is that we could hear, very clearly and loudly, the people on both sides of us loudly, as if they were in the room next to us. In all honesty, I got up and checked in the middle of the night because I thought someone was taking a shower in our bathroom at 2am.

We will not stay here again because there was no sound privacy between rooms, and we spent the weekend tired from a lack of sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

While in Tampa, we made a spur of the moment desicion to stay over night. Glaad we found thr Tahitian. They gave me a great rate of 84 dollars and for a last minute stop, we were rwally glad we landed here. Clean, pretty, and safe.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are coming to Tampa this is a gem in the city. The staff is wonderful, the food is excellent. The owners are on sight and readily available. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. It gives a very homey feel and everyone that works here goes above and beyond for their guest.

• Stayed February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Tahitian Inn for two nights this month. I was in town for the Gasparilla Pirate Parade and couldn't afford the hotel downtown where my friends were. Luckily, I found the Tahitian..only a 15 minute cab ride to downtown or Ybor City. I wish I had a chance to use the pool and tiki bar area because it looked so cozy. There was a fire pit at night and music too. The bed was extremely comfortable and I loved that there was a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. Although the property is older (sky blue tile in the bathroom) everything was spotless! The tile floor was great..sometimes hotel carpets are funky. The only issues I had were the room smelled a bit musty upon check-in but that was easily fixed by turning the a/c down a few degrees and the shower never really got past lukewarm. The hotel was totally full all weekend due to Gasparilla and cruise passengers so maybe the water heaters couldn't keep up with the demand for hot water! There was a bit of noise, as the doors aren't soundproof, so if you are looking to sleep til noon in a silent bubble..you won't find that here! The front desk staff was really awesome and helpful..they called cabs for me and made check-in so easy (I had a complicated reservation because one night was booked through a travel site in a different name and the other night was done on the phone with my name). I didn't get a chance to use the spa but a local friend said he had a massage there once and it was great. Overall, I really liked my stay at the Tahitian because it was so clean, easy to get to the highway/downtown Tampa, staff was awesome, free parking and a comfy bed all at a great price. There is also a shuttle for the airport and cruiseport if that's what you need. I'll definitely stay here again, especially if I come to see a concert at Raymond James Stadium which is just down the block.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here on business last week and cannot express enough how hospitable they were, how classy AND clean the rooms were and beautiful the landscaping was! We ate in the restaurant both nights and our Boston native server was the greatest (sorry I forgot her name but I guarantee you'll spot her easy with that accent :) Joe, the owner even sat down one night & joined us for drinks on the patio. What a great host! Being a small business owner myself I could tell he was passionate about his business & truly cared about his guests, which seems to be a rare thing these days among the common landscape of stale humanless corporate chains. I would not only stay here again next time I'm in Tampa but even if I were within reasonable distance I would even make the hike to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa? Share your experiences!