I stayed at the Tahitian Inn for two nights this month. I was in town for the Gasparilla Pirate Parade and couldn't afford the hotel downtown where my friends were. Luckily, I found the Tahitian..only a 15 minute cab ride to downtown or Ybor City. I wish I had a chance to use the pool and tiki bar area because it looked so cozy. There was a fire pit at night and music too. The bed was extremely comfortable and I loved that there was a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. Although the property is older (sky blue tile in the bathroom) everything was spotless! The tile floor was great..sometimes hotel carpets are funky. The only issues I had were the room smelled a bit musty upon check-in but that was easily fixed by turning the a/c down a few degrees and the shower never really got past lukewarm. The hotel was totally full all weekend due to Gasparilla and cruise passengers so maybe the water heaters couldn't keep up with the demand for hot water! There was a bit of noise, as the doors aren't soundproof, so if you are looking to sleep til noon in a silent bubble..you won't find that here! The front desk staff was really awesome and helpful..they called cabs for me and made check-in so easy (I had a complicated reservation because one night was booked through a travel site in a different name and the other night was done on the phone with my name). I didn't get a chance to use the spa but a local friend said he had a massage there once and it was great. Overall, I really liked my stay at the Tahitian because it was so clean, easy to get to the highway/downtown Tampa, staff was awesome, free parking and a comfy bed all at a great price. There is also a shuttle for the airport and cruiseport if that's what you need. I'll definitely stay here again, especially if I come to see a concert at Raymond James Stadium which is just down the block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warm, breezy small-town urban feel of Tampa is brought to life at Tahitian Inn Hotel and Spa. Its boutique design and resort-style amenities offer leisure and business travelers alike an ideal Florida getaway located just minutes from International Mall and Westshore Mall, Tampa International Airport, Port of Tampa cruise terminals, downtown, Raymond James Stadium, and beautiful Bayshore Boulevard. Each of our 79 recently renovated rooms and suites is designed with the discerning traveler in mind. Plush white bedding, plantation shutters, soothing color schemes and dark wood furnishings evoke island life, while enhanced amenities and technology offer guests the convenience and unparalleled comfort they expect from a upscale boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa