This was one of those places where it was so bad that we gave up complaining and just had to stick it out and it was hard. This place could be ok, if management ran it properly. We stayed here 6 nights and would have left it it wasn't spring break and we paid in advance etc.
Our first room was disgusting not at all like the pictures and the maids seem to work all night long or very very early in the morning. The air conditioning is so loud and our rooms floor was so filthy my feet turned black in minutes....I got the spare blanket down to put on the floor and it was also filthy.....so disgusting! The second room was better but we had to pay more, but there were still issues. The air conditioning turned on every 10 or so minutes and it was so loud you could not sleep. The sheets on the bed were so thin and worn out they felt icky. The bed was so loud and worn out that you could not move without it sounding like wood breaking. The walls were so thin and you could here EVERYTHING going on in the room next to you. I think this place is used by the locals as a quick getaway if you know what I mean. The hallway to out room smelled like urine.
They have a really nice pool but there is not room for the people to enjoy it. We had two families there while we tried to use to pool and they took up every chair. Also they do not have a bathroom near the pool which to me is not sanitary.....I would not go in that water.
I feel management should take care of a lot of issues and I also think that most of the better reviews are people only staying one night.
The good things were the friendly service in the restaurant...when it was open. They turn it into a fancy dinner house with a limited menu at night, but the food is good.
Location is probably the best for near airport and cruise terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warm, breezy small-town urban feel of Tampa is brought to life at Tahitian Inn Hotel and Spa. Its boutique design and resort-style amenities offer leisure and business travelers alike an ideal Florida getaway located just minutes from International Mall and Westshore Mall, Tampa International Airport, Port of Tampa cruise terminals, downtown, Raymond James Stadium, and beautiful Bayshore Boulevard. Each of our 79 recently renovated rooms and suites is designed with the discerning traveler in mind. Plush white bedding, plantation shutters, soothing color schemes and dark wood furnishings evoke island life, while enhanced amenities and technology offer guests the convenience and unparalleled comfort they expect from a upscale boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa