“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lakes Region, NH
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a great hotel! Very, very clean, quite friendly staff, and an excellent location right near the airport. I couldn't hear airport noise at all. The bed was also extremely comfortable which is very important to me. The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants. I do have to echo other reviews in that we did find the wifi slow. Kudos to Sylvana, she was most friendly and helpful to us and very welcoming. She was delightful! We were at the hotel the weekend of Aug 15, 2014.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear SamLakesRegion,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate your kind remarks! Our staff is truly dedicated and we take our guest's satisfaction very seriously. I hope that you will visit us again if you head back to Tampa. It would be our pleasure to host you again.

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I like the HGI Tampa Westshore for its proximity to shopping, restaurants and the airport. Have stayed here many times and generally a positive experience.

I would give the property an excellent but can't for the same reason that I can't many Hilton properties. The "FREE" in room internet is very very slow. In order to get any decent speed for internet, Hilton wants to sell you premium internet. As a DIA I shouldn't have to pay for decent speed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear smcptravels,

We appreciate your loyalty to our property, the brand and you being a Diamond Hilton Honors member. I am sorry for your inconvenience with the speed of the internet. We rarely have complaints about our internet speed but the next time you visit please stop by the desk and we'll see if we can speed things up for you. It is always our intention to insure your complete satisfaction!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Wish I could have stayed longer than 2 days. Upon arrival, Cathy and Rosie were very welcoming and accommodating. Their efficiency faciltated a smooth, hassle-free check-in which set the tone for the remainder of my stay. The room was nicely appointed, spacious, clean and comfortable (oh!...and comfy bed). The ambiance of the entire lobby is very inviting with nice furnishings and a Starbucks! I would definitely stay there again whenever my travel plan allows

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mia A,

Cathy and Rosie are fantastic and they will be delighted to know that they had such a positive impact on your stay. Hearing you say that you plan to stay with us again is music to my ears! We look forward to your return.

Silvan G.- Guest Service Manager
memphis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you are looking for a cheap room, this is the place to stay. Checking in really sucked the clerk seemed to not know what she was doing. check in took almost 30min. but if you only pay $89 per night what do you expect. The beds were very uncomfortable. however the free wifi was wonderful. also we were very close to the airport and not once did we hear any airplanes( which is great).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Erika J.,

Thank you for making a post on behalf of our hotel. All feedback is always appreciated by our valued guests. All of our beds are fully adjustable to your comfort level and we are more than happy to assist if you would be so kind as to let us know during your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the wifi and we couldn't be more convenient to the airport. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your check in experience. Wishing you safe travels.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at a hilton garden inn.Nice big clean rooms and super friendly staff. Would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area. Had a great peaceful stay. Very close to the airport, malls and resturants.

• Stayed August 2014
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Cheryl T,

I’m so happy to hear that you tried our brand and loved it! Hilton Garden Inn provides ‘everything right where you need it”. Thanks for giving us a try and for sharing your very positive experience on Tripadvisor. We await your return!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Sylvana and the front desk were extremely friendly and accommodating upon arrival. My family and I had the 2 queen Evolution Suite which was perfect for a family of 4. It allowed us to have enough room without being on top of each other. We had the breakfast buffet every morning and it was always fresh with eggs, fruit, meat, potatoes, and grill items. It is close to the airport so during the day you can hear airplanes but it was never a problem for us. The hotel is near the International Plaza with shopping and restaurants but you have to drive or take a taxi. Lastly, the hotel has a parking deck that it shares with 2 other hotels. I liked the deck because it kept the car cooler. I would recommend to others and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear farriswheel04,

We appreciate your posting on our behalf. It was my pleasure to host you and your family and I am thrilled that everything was to your liking. Having a complimentary covered parking garage just across our driveway is a huge advantage. We are in a spectacular location for just about anything you want to do in Tampa. Our Coast Restaurant is amazing and I am so happy that you had a wonderful dining experience. Please be sure to bring your family by again the next time you are in the area!

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently spent a few weeks in Tampa on business. My coworker and I originally stayed across the street at the Homewood Suites but weren't impressed with the food or rooms, so we made the call to try out the Hilton Garden Inn - I'm glad we did. The rooms were well appointed, clean and modern and the hotel restaurant was excellent. Rosie at the front desk was very friendly and extremely helpful. I plan on staying there whenever I'm in Tampa from now on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jeff M,

I am so pleased to hear that you gave us a try! Thank you for noticing our new renovations. We take great pride in our property and keep it in tip top condition for our valued guests. It is always our goal to make you feel like part of our 'family' and making our guests feel 'welcomed' is our specialty! Rosie is amazing and we are fortunate to have her on our team. I will be sure to pass on your remarks. We are delighted to hear that we will be your 'go to' destination in Tampa and look forward to seeing you again.

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!