“Not only 5 star facilities, but a 5 star staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Windermere, Florida
“Not only 5 star facilities, but a 5 star staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Hilton, more like Grand Budapest! This hotel is my "go-to" when it comes to get aways. I drive a couple of hours to come here several times a years simply because of it's amazing locations and exquisite staff. This hotel has created its own genre of reasonably priced accommodation with lavish service. Whether it's their delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner service, or the way they always give a quick call to your room to make sure everything is "just the way you like it", this hotel serves as a role model for all hotels in the area. My receptionist Silvana Greene makes my stay so accommodating every time that it feels like she places a personal touch on each stay, almost like I'm staying in a high end B&B.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Arron N,

We certainly love our repeat guests and it is our dream come true to be your 'go-to' getaway destination! Our staff is exceptional and we are blessed with truly caring team members. I couldn't agree with you more about the Coast Restaurant... great food, great service! It was a pleasure to see you and I am always happy to assist in any way that I can. I look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wow. Just wow. This hotel is a MUST. Not only are the facilities (pool, gym, rooms) outstanding, but the staff greet you as you enter and are more than willing to accommodate your needs. Silvana Greene, the receptionist at the time of my arrival, made me feel welcome and warm inside. After a few great, light-hearted jokes we were given our room keys and reminded that if we needed anything she would be there to help. All of this was AFTER she gave us complimentary breakfast coupons, saving us roughly $12 each. If I could put 9 million stars to rate this hotel and staff I would, but for now just 5 will have to do.

Room Tip: There is a bad room to choose
Dear Mätthew B,

WOW is the perfect word to describe YOUR post! It was my pleasure to assist you during your visit to our property. Our staff is dedicated to making our guests feel like 'family'. Our goal is to make you feel 'at home' each and every time you walk through our doors. We have a phenomenal team that goes above and beyond on a daily basis. I'm glad that you felt that and please come back to see us!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel has everything you could ever need. When you walk in the door you are awe struck by the impeccable design, fit with an aquarium, restaurant for breakfast and dinner, and even a bar. I was greeted by the absolute greatest service I have ever been treated with from Ms. Silvana Greene. She was the most friendly and helpful staff member I've ever come in contact with. This hotel is right by the airport for you to catch those early morning flights, but even if you aren't flying out of the lovely city of Tampa (why would you anyways?) this hotel has all the amenities you need with access to the highway close by to all of the wonderful attractions that surround the area. Why leave the hotel when theres a pool waiting for you right when you get there. I will stay here every single time I am Tampa. I absolutely love this hotel. Stay here for the best experience ever. It's more than 5 stars, its an EXPERIENCE!

Dear Jack A,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was my pleasure to meet you and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is a win-win situation for pretty much any of the major attractions in Tampa. We take great pride in our property and I am so pleased that you noticed our efforts. We appreciate your 5 stars and look forward to your return!

Brooksville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a great overnight hotel close to the airport....The lobby is cheery and bright with a bar and coffee area. It is near the International Mall and plenty of great restaurants. The price is just right and the service is great! Couldn't say enough.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor. The windows overlook all parking areas on bottom floor and many people are get...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JudyDBrooksville,

Many thanks for this endorsement! It really means a lot when our valued guests share their experiences with other travelers. Our lobby is designed to ‘welcome’ you and hopefully that is what each and every guest feels when they walk through our doors. The best shopping in Tampa is just around the corner and also some of the best dining in the city! We also have our own Coast Restaurant on site which is outstanding. Our goal is to provide you with all the comforts of home and provide you with stellar service. It would be our pleasure to host you again the next time you head to Tampa.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

What a nice treat! Great service from everybody we encountered; from check in, to room service to breakfast. The snacks/ drinks in the lobby were a nice treat, had some iced tea and a oat bar in the afternoon, and tea and coffee in the morning. Special acknowledgement to Adriana at the checkout and Lillian for great breakfast service. Don't expect fancy, but appreciated what you get. It really is a great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Elizabeth H,

Sounds like we hit a home run during your stay! We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to each and every valued guest. Our goal is to provide a 'home away from home' experience when you choose to stay with us. Thank you so much for your time and your wonderful post. I hope this means that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

From entering the building, to check in , through check out everyone involved with this property was 5 Star. Tyler who checked me in recognized I was a Hilton Member, gave me information on the property and was extremely helpful. Room was clean, nothing particularly special however the lobby bar area and dining was perfect....Convenient to the Airport, Westshore and International Plaze, BUCS games, Yankees Spring Training and a host of wonderful restaurants. I'll be back next time through Tampa as I had a great experience....

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the property which is a little quiter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear spbuck,

Thank you for your praise of Tyler. We have had the pleasure of having him as an intern this summer and he has done an outstanding job! We are a great location for pretty much anything you want to do in Tampa. Our Coast restaurant does an amazing job and our Reel Lobby Bar stays busy! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stay here several times a year on business and it's always a 5 star stay. The hotel is impeccably clean, updated and the customer service is 5 star. It's very close to great restaurants and great shopping too. If you need any information on the area be sure to ask Rosie. She's always a great help and a friendly face when traveling away from home.
The restaurant is good, and the staff is great. The only reason I didn't give it "5" is that the front desk is almost always understaffed by management. If they would rectify this it would be a 5 star stay for sure. Definitely will come back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear trvlDoc1,

We appreciate your wonderful comments about Rosie and I could not agree more! She is a super star when it comes to customer service and we are so fortunate to have her on our team. I am sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced at check in. I will review our staffing and definitely take your concerns into consideration. We are grateful that you took the time to post for us on Tripadvisor and I hope you will visit us again!

Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!