“Excellent hotel post a long trip to Florida” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent hotel post a long trip to Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very friendly hotel and good value for money. Shuttle bus frequent but instructions on where to go to get it at time of booking would be useful. Lovely comfy beds and well appointed rooms. I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Jacandneil,

Sounds like you had a wonderful stay. That is what we love to hear! The shuttle service is quite convenient especially when you have an early morning flight. Our beds are amazing and 'friendly' is what we do best! Our valued guest's comfort and convenience is of the utmost importance at our property. Our team is dedicated to insuring your complete satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a joke. I spent my birthday night here. I dined at their restaurant and was very disappointed. The agave tequila drink was supposed to have cilantro in it. The bartender put rosemary in it. It was returned only for her to use PARSLEY in it!

The scallop dish was way over cooked and the asparagus was about 3/4" in diameter. If you are a foodie you won't appreciate such blunders. I was given apology and not charged. The staff at rest. We're pleasant, but I would have rather had a nice meal to enjoy instead of a very Unmemorable birthday dinner.

I would not have left a bad review in just this"....".............

Early AM, I was woken up by a strong light coming in the window where the black out curtain doesn't meet. Around 8 I called to complain, I wanted good sleep more than anything.

They sent up a girl who said she would staple the curtain to the wall, but she arrived with tape. We'll tape didn't really work. The gap in the curtain exposing light was aimed right at the bed.

20 minutes later the operations manager said he could fix it.

He interrupted me once again.he said he would have yet another person come to tape it up all the way to the ceiling.

I told him I didn't need more intrusions......

At checkout I presented him with photos of the problem. The decorator curtain was only on one side which would have prevented light from coming in on the other side

The complaint went over his heads he didn't get it.

Never have I seen a decorator curtain on only one side.

The bed was a bit too firm ,but the entry of light ruined my stay. I was given a breakfast coupon which I didn't use, I needed sleep, not food. I certainly was in no mood to get up and go down to eat when I didn't have proper sleep. The management is clueless

Complete waste of $189. A rip off

They don't have recycle bins either

The flavored water at the front tastes like artificial flavored powdered drink mix with floating citrus .

This place disappointed.

I posted photos of their home page of the light problem. I will post the asparagus also. You can see how thick and inedible it was

Fancy presentations don't fool me. I'm a well traveled , food savy person

The photo show light coming in after tape job

The time spent complaining and writing this will not help me . In fact I doubt the staff will make any adjustments . Anyway. I mentioned it and I was left Unsatisfied. I wish I could donate the $189 to charity

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Dear Travel, We certainly appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you did not have a pleasant experience. Based on your comments we were able to address the F&B concerns with our staff and culinary team and provide them some additional training. As for the black out drapes, or the lack of, we have since purchased a replacement drape as that one was removed.

Again, we are sorry for the disappointment and we hope you can give us another try should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Todd Kinney
Cape Coral, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We recently stayed here for one night prior to flying out from Tampa International, and were very pleased. It's a fairly new property close to the airport, and happens to have an economy parking garage ($7 a day) right across the street. We'll echo the positive comments made by others and say that this is a great place to stay if you're flying in or out of the airport or attending a Bucs game. By the way, our AAA rate was very reasonable!

Room Tip: We were surprised at how quiet the room was, given its close proximity to the airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gc54,

We appreciate your feedback and it was our pleasure to host you while you were in Tampa. We do have a very large parking garage directly across our driveway that is very reasonably priced for long term parking (less expensive than the airport) and also very convenient. All parking is completely complimentary during your stay with us! I'm glad that you found our property fulfilled your travel needs and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Caracas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We don’t just remember a hotel because of its comfort and looking. I stayed at Tampa Hilton Garden Inn and could experience a remarkable service when a trouble with payment procedure or bank (I never knew) put in risk my stay. Silvana (Manager) and Adrianna (reception desk) took care of my problem with a genuine interest that I will always recognize. Whenever I return to Tampa I will stay with them again. Indeed..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alejandro M,

Thanks so much and I'm so happy that we were able to help you. Adrianna is amazing and our team is dedicated to assisting our guests in any way possible. Your comfort and happiness is our number one concern here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore and we would be honored to host you again the next time you visit Tampa.

Estero, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I travel to Tampa every month and this is a great hotel to relax and recover! Adriana at the front desk made me feel totally special! She offered me an ice cold water after I forgot mine in the room! She knew I had a long day and was in a hurry to get to my meeting and saved me a ton of time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Kathleen J,

Thanks for your kind words. Adrianna will be thrilled to know that she had such a positive impact on your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments and please stop in again the next time you find yourself in Tampa!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The guestroom was nicely decorated and clean, the bed was very comfortable and there was a refrigerator to keep the drinks cool. We were on the side facing the airport and I was surprised that the airport noise was not as bad as anticipated. We went to the pool by and it was a really nice setting, very relaxing. My only negative was that upon check-in an older lady (short hair) was extremely PUSHY/AGGRESSIVE about her "favorite restaurant Charlie's". She went on and on about how great Charlie's was, the problem was that we were not interested yet she managed to give us coupons to her favorite place. Here's an idea how about taking a little more pride in your own restaurant "The Coast" its really good too, why send us out when you have a hidden jewel within your hotel. Btw the only thing our check-in lady told us were the hours and nothing more, very disappointing........

All in all, I will definitely be back but won't be visiting Charlie's:(

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Melo_travelsweekly,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. Our sleep number beds are amazing and our guests are often surprised at how quiet our rooms are (being just across the street from Tampa International Airport). I apologize for your experience during your check in. We do have cards for local restaurants that we share with our guests upon request. Our Coast Restaurant is always mentioned as a first option and they provide an excellent dining experience for our guests. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed dining with us and we are looking forward to your reurn!

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Arrived late or ealry one morning depends on how you look at it. The staff was nice and friendly. The next morning we woke up and had a very delicious buffet at the hotel. Was a little disappointed as one staff member said the hotel shuttle would take us to the car rental place because it was within 2 miles. Found out right before we loaded the shuttle they would not take us. Was disappointed that the staff told me one thing but I guess did not know the correct info on the shuttle's. So we had to get a cad and wait 30 mins on the cab. Other then that the hotel and staff were great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mtmullins,

I am happy to hear that our staff was accommodating during your recent stay. I’m sorry about the miscommunication with the shuttle service and will be sure to share your comments with our staff to insure that accurate information is given to our guests. We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!