“Good value, great location, close to Tampa Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, United States
“Good value, great location, close to Tampa Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We picked this hotel for its close proximity to the Tampa Airport as we had a very early flight the following morning. An added bonus was the ability to leave our car in the adjoining parking garage (no added cost) and take the free shuttle to the airport. We returned from our trip late in the evening, so arranged to stay one night on our return to Tampa.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stay here several times a year on business. As always the staff is friendly, and the rooms are very clean. The restaurants food quality can be "Hit Or miss" but overall a good experience. My only issue was during Check-in. The Front Desk Manager, whose name I can't remember, but started with an "S" (I believe) seemed pretty short staffed, but yet determined to make someone's Steak House reservation while there were 4 or 5 of us still waiting in line after a long flight. (Not cool) otherwise a great stay. Oh, the shuttle service to the airport is great and pretty punctual. A good bonus.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear trvlDoc1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sincerely sorry for your experience at check in. We do make reservations for our guests on request and try to give the same individual service to each guest during their check in process whatever their requests may be. I apologize for your wait, it is never our intention to have a guest feel inconvenienced for any reason. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience and I would be happy to speak to you personally. I hope that we have an opportunity to host you again so that we may better serve you. If you do make reservations in the future feel free to contact me so that I can insure your complete satisfaction, silvana.greene@hilton.com

Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed 2 nights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable (set it on soft mode). The staff was friendly. The A/C worked well. The water when showering got really hot. Right near airport and never heard any flights during the night. Would definately recommend this hotel.

Dear Carolyne H,

This is a wonderful review. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Our goal is to provide you with a ‘home away from home’ experience when you stay with us. It sounds like we hit all of the bench marks and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to St. Petersburg. It was clean and the hotel staff was friendly. The heavy blinds do not close on the windows so be prepared for bright light in the morning, also the pool was full of families the entire time we were there, including 11 at night, so don't bother doing down there if you don't have kids. Very convenient to restaurants, Starbucks, and interstate. We would stay here again, but never for an extended amount of time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Traveler, Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent visit. We want to thank you for choosing our hotel on your most recent visit to Tampa. I am sorry you had difficulties with the drapery. Should you travels bring you back to our hotel I wanted to let you know that our blackout curtains are located directly behind the sheer drapes in all of our guestrooms. Hopefully you will find this helpful on your next visit. I am also sorry you were not able to enjoy your time at the pool. Our hotel is a great location for families and they often find the pool on our hot summer days. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Todd Kinney
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Help at check in (room, advice on best resturant in the area for steaks) by Silvana, room, breakfast (extra charge ) was all fantastic. Overall an excellent guest experience...
Hotel also had laundry facilities which were good.

Dear laluchicago,

Thanks for your kudos! I’m happy to hear that you had an ‘excellent’ stay with us. Our team goes above and beyond to provide outstanding service. The next time you are in Tampa be sure to stop in and see us!

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The room was clean and a decent size. The front desk staff was professional. I had no problems with the wifi or the business center.

The bed was vey uncomfortable -- well below what is typically found at a Courtyard or a Hampton, for instance. While it was adjustable in theory, adjusting the firmness did not really help. The breakfast -- you can either pay for the buffet or order off the menu -- took too long. The restaurant appears to have a logistics issue; there were only two waitresses when I was there and they apparently had to bus in addition to wait.

This hotel is near the airport, and there was airplane noise in the room after 7 am. On the other hand, the hotel is very convenient to the airport -- essentially, you take a couple of access roads and off ramps to get there. Some noise from the hall and other rooms was audible in my room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveler, Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport on your recent visit to Tampa. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you. I can understand how important that is to a good night’s sleep. Our restaurant has a great breakfast buffet and at times we can be very busy taking care of the many guests that join us each morning. I am sorry our team was not able to service you as quickly as normal. Again, thank you for your feedback and have a great summer.

Todd Kinney
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here to be close to MEPS, to watch our son swear into the ARMY. Busy lobby. Had little restaurant didn't eat it, and a area that sold coffee and pastries, so that was convienant. Bedrooms and bathroom was nice. Only issue I had was parking- there's construction going on so if you didn't find parking in the little outdoor space, then you had to park in a garage. So there WAS parking, but if I didn't have my husband with me, I wouldn't want to be wandering around a parking garage for my car. That's the only negative I had.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear FunHaHa,

Thank you for your review. What a special time for your family. You must be so proud of your son and his selfless decision to serve our country! We did recently spend one weekend resurfacing our parking area surrounding the hotel to keep it looking great for our guests. Our complimentary parking garage is well lit and just across the driveway from our property. I certainly do understand your concerns and I am so sorry that this preventative maintenance was going on during your stay. I hope that you will visit us again so that we can better serve you. We thank your son for his service and wish the very best for your family.

Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!