“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Aurora, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night May 3rd prior to our cruise from Tampa. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel...which is about 10 mins away. The hotel décor was beautiful. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Beds & pillows were very comfortable. Hotel was very quiet and we heard no noise at all from the airport.
The meals in the restaurant were outstanding and reasonably priced too. We got a shuttle from the hotel to the Cruise ship dock the following day. It was $9 per person. It is about 15/20 mins away. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear HelenOntarioCanada30,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m so pleased to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and we hope to see you again!

Silvana Greene- Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Fieldale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here as part of the Cruise & Stay program. The room was large, nice & clean. The front desk was very helpful. The breakfast was included in the price & it was okay, but I wouldn't pay the $13 for it when there is an IHop less than a mile away. Pick up to and from the port was prompt and friendly & our vehicle kept in a secure parking garage. I will definitely be using this hotel anytime I cruise out of Tampa!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Kym, Thank you for choosing our hotel while taking your cruise out of Tampa. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience not only with our hotel, but also with the transportation. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa. Have a great summer.

Safe Travels,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I can't say that this hotel was one of my favorites. For $119 per night and a HHonors membership I got a room on the second floor which had a toilet which ran all night (finally figured out how to jiggle the handle to keep it quiet), and a bed with a fitted bottom sheet that kept coming off (it was too small).

Upon booking, I was pleased to learn they had a restaurant on site. I looked forward to eating dinner there after arriving at the hotel at 9:30 or so. However, when I walked over to the restaurant area in the lobby shortly thereafter, I noticed there was no one in the restaurant--not even a maître d' or host. I took the hint and didn't ask to be seated (the restaurant closes at 10 PM).

At the same time, the small bar nearby was filled by a bunch of noisy salesmen-types who were apparently living in the hotel on a long term basis (one of them told me on the elevator that he had been there several weeks). I passed on the bar, too--and just went to bed.

I travel and stay in hotels often and overlook a lot when the staff is friendly or tries hard. The staff here could try harder and turn this into a very nice hotel. They don't need to here since business appears to be good--so they don't. My interactions with the staff were limited to the front desk staff and were brief and minimal (since there was no one at the host stand at the restaurant). The front desk employee who checked me in was OK, but not outgoing or friendly.

The hotel is surprisingly quiet considering the fact that it is just above an airport runway. Incidentally, parking was on a grass parking lot since many of the other hotels that are clustered in the same office park as this property share their paved lots. Hadn't experienced that recently at a Hilton property.

Pass on this one. There are many better properties in the Tampa area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Noskaj,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you did not have a favorable stay at our hotel. We certainly take your comments seriously and feel that our team has much better intentions than what you experienced. We will share your comments with our team, and we hope that if your travels bring you back to Tampa you will consider our hotel again. Our team takes a lot of pride in being ranked #4 on Tripadvisor in our market, and I am sure if you stay with us again, you will be pleasantly surprised on our product. Again, thank you for your feedback.

North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We recently (4/20/14 - 4/27/14) took a cruise departing from Tampa, and needed accommodations for Saturday. Being retired military, I started shopping for best rates.....turns out there really aren't "best rates", but when I called Garden Inn, i spoke with Rosie, who was most gracious in satisfying our needs and even upgraded us to a Junior Suite. It seems though that Rosie is just the 'MENTOR' for the staff. They were all great.
Naturally, when I needed two nights lodging on return from my cruise, we called The Garden Inn, and experienced the same courteous staff. But the story doesn't end there......and this is what makes an okay hotel great.
When we left for our cruise, we forgot our camera in the room. Housekeeping found it and held it for our return. (GREAT!) On our second stay, we had to make an early (5am) departure to the airport. Oops!...got home and realized we'd left rings, jewelry, and passports in the room safe. Phillis (in Housekeeping, I believe) came to the rescue, found, and had us identify items we hadn't even missed yet (like the passports), boxed them up and sent the FEDEX the same day we called. Sorry folks, but that is duty above and beyond. Guess where we're going the next time we're in Tampa? (by the way, our stay was 1/2 the cost of a competitor just about 2 miles away.....and we all had a full service breakfast included for all three of us.) THANKS, Y'ALL. Major A.R Walker, USAF/retired.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was rated lower because one of the beds, with comfort adjustment) was not working prop...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Arthur, Thank you so much for the rave review. I love to hear stories such as yours about our staff. We often don’t know about what they do on a daily basis to take care of our guest so it’s refreshing to hear the wonderful actions they perform daily. We like to say, “It’s just what we do”! I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff and recognize the individuals for their initiative. Hopefully you will make this a annual trip and we look forward to seeing you and your family again! Have a great summer and thank you for your military services to our country!

Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

After a very efficient and pleasant 6:00 check-in we went to our room and found that housekeeping had not cleaned. We called the front desk and went back down. In less than a minute we had a new room and a breakfast voucher. The voucher was the clincher on this deal. We did not ask for it (stuff happens, we understand that) but it told us that the staff is extremely customer service oriented. The wait staff at the restaurant was similarly attentive and efficient. Overall: Excellent experience. NOTE: If you're going to the port, no shuttle is provided. It will cost you about $25 got get to your ship.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Traveler, Thank you for posting your comments about your visit to our hotel. We are sorry about assigning you to a dirty room. I appreciate your understanding and Its comforting to know that our team acted quickly to resolve the situation. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you can visit us again. Safe Travels,

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I had attended a wedding that was nearby this hotel and was staying for the night, I was serviced by Rosie at the front desk who was extremely informative, quick, and was very kind about the rooms and rates. The room was nice and comfortable so it turned out to be a little mini vacation for me and my girlfriend between the wedding rehearsal. I would definitely advise someone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Justin, Thank you for your comments. I hope you had a nice time at the wedding you were attending. Thank you for mentioning our staff member, Rosie. She will be excited to see that you appreciated her efforts. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

General Manger
Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed here for 1 night. We stayed in a junior suite which had 2 queen beds, and a living area separated by a bathroom with a little hall. There is no door to the bedroom. Check in was quick and easy. The location is good, right by the airport, but we weren't bothered by any noise. The parking situation could be improved. There is not a lot of surface parking in the lot and it seemed many people park in the unpaved grassy area next to the lot. There is a parking garage across from the hotel for an airport parking service, and as Hotel guests you can park in the garage. But this is not obvious as there is no mention of it on the garage and the front desk did not mention this. I was concerned about finding a space after dinner so I had asked and was told you can park in the garage and use your room key to exit. They should let you know this when you check in. They should also provide instructions on how to exit the garage. It was obvious to me, but the 2 cars in front of me were trying to wave their hotel key in front of the sensor, rather than using the key slot with the hotel logo on it. It took a while for them to figure that out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!